Mehta at it Again

It's possible to believe all of these things:

1) Gase has a bad, narcissistic attitude, poor emotional intelligence, and doesn't relate to his players well at all

2) Jamal's contract demands are stupid and unreasonable.

3) Gase's crappy coaching has compounded Jamal's desire to move on.

All of these things can be true,  I believe all ARE true.

What I find hilarious is that a little over a year ago Mehta was practically slobbering all over Gase.  I mean I never wanted Gase here but Mehta should at least have the decency to own up to his  proclamations and don’t back peddle 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

If you want to bury your head in the sand about the crappy head coaching of Adam Gase, be my guest.  You're in for a rude awakening.

Lmao, Mehta can gtfo with the "Gase is why Jamal is uncertain" nonsense.

At most, Jamal would have to wait 1 season to see if Gase stays or goes. SECOND, if Gase stays, that means he most likely did a good job, removing some doubts.

This is Jamal's camp trying to paint him in a favorable light after he spent a good week destroying the public's perception of him.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

What I find hilarious is that a little over a year ago Mehta was practically slobbering all over Gase.  I mean I never wanted Gase here but Mehta should at least have the decency to own up to his  proclamations and don’t back peddle 

Sportswriting is a dead career.  The easiest way for Mehta to keep his tiny job is to wind all the SOJF's up and make them go full-Eyeore.  Anyone who wasn't expecting otherwise doesn't understand the New York Daily News.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

I believed this was true as last season went on, and when Ed Reed posted that video I knew it, that opinion was coming from Jamal.  If you don’t think that was Jamal talking to Ed I got a bridge to Brooklyn I can sell you.  Also nobody has refuted the Gase “I’m rich” comment.  Costello was asked about it on WFAN and he didn’t deny it. 

Also Antonio Cromartie talked to Jamal and suggested the same on Twitter.  Whether or not you agree with it, this is the opinion Jamal has.

It may be Jamals opinion, sure, but we have already learned that all of Jamals opinions mean virtually nothing. 

And Cros opinions mean nothing also. He never played a down of football with Gase.

You know how many times I've had people tell me their boss sucked, then met/worked with their boss and quickly realized it was the opposite... that the complaining party was the actual problem? I've lost count. 

• Upvote 1

JD: Jamal, we want you here long term and consider you more valuable than Minka Fitzpatrick, would you agree?

Jamal: Hell yeah

JD: Then you understand that we want more from a trade partner in a any package. You have permission to seek out a trade and come back with a clearly better package.

Jamal spends the next 8 weeks realizing nobody values him as much as he thinks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

Adams is taking advice from Antonio Cromartie and Michael Irvin. 

Gase thus far does not have a career worthy of a bust in Canton. But this guy is listening to people that are telling him the Cowboys are his best chance at.....I don't really know. The Jets can pay him a lot more. Adams is still a #1 pick here; in Dallas he will be expected to superman. And while he is a decent player he is not that. Cowboys have a huge ass contract to Prescott on deck. Strong suspicion that what ever nonsense Jerry Jones might spew to shut up the babbling crackhead named Michael Irvin,  he is an old figurehead who spends his days on boats and hoes while his son runs the show. Doubt Steven Jones and and Mike McCarthy are in a big rush to pay a safety $20 million unless the mutant  offspring Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu and Ronnie Lott sprouts to life AND the NFL starts going back to PI and hitting enforcement from 1994. McCarthy was hired to get the offense in gear; how does getting a safety fit in that? How do you think the fan base will react to such a deal when they cannot afford on offensive line to keep their $25 million QB upright? 

Gase is not a good coach simply because his specialty side of the ball the offense has under performed every year he has been a head coach.

I have no issues with his style at all, there have been good head coaches that are quiet, some that are brash some that are assholes, some that do not talk to you, some that babysit, some that don't.

This issue has nothing to do with Adam Gase and everything to do with a spoiled phony ass player that will cry a river about almost anything all the while pretending to be your bud.

I'm truly shocked how many jets fans have fallen fr his schlock, I am not at all surprised that a lot of mindless media have fallen for it.

• Upvote 2

I can’t stand Gase or JaWhimp Adams.  That being said I don’t buy what Mehta says.  

Adams wants a new deal and had hoped for an extension.  Maybe Douglas got his hopes up.  Either way he’s dig himself such a big hole that he can’t get out of.  What endorsements will he get in the tri state area for the next year or two after this?  Revis was about money but he wasn’t this crazy either.  

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jamal has been trying to get to Dallas since the day he was drafted.  I have a friend in my section in MetLife who told me this two years ago, he knows Jamal's dad, he wants Dallas.  Period.

Blaming this on Gase is typical.  Such a low blow by Jamal.  It will be that much sweeter when he's wearing green and white in September doing whatever Gase tells him to do.

SAR I

It's possible to believe Jamal is a spoiled little bitch while also understanding Gase has zero emotional intelligence when it comes to dealing with non-QB players.

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Blaming this on Gase is typical

Adams and his posse are going to blame everyone on the Jets before it’s all done. Gase will be first, naturally, but we already saw Ryan Clark go after Darnold on ESPN. Douglas will get skewered too if they don’t wrap it up soon. It’ll get dirty-dirty.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Adams and his posse are going to blame everyone on the Jets before it’s all done. Gase will be first, naturally, but we already saw Ryan Clark go after Darnold on ESPN. Douglas will get skewered too if they don’t wrap it up soon. It’ll get dirty-dirty.

The media are notorious for believing the loud mouths of sports and do almost no real research.  The people that take the high road get sh*t on constantly.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Some people on this board are in denial about Gase.  He's made some serious missteps that's put in question his credibility with the players, especially on defense.  This isn't opinion, it's fact, and the beat writers other than Manish have said so.

None of the players like Gase and he is not a skilled enough playcaller to make up for his bad people skills

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase is not a good coach simply because hos specialty side of the ball the offense has under performed every year he has been a head coach.

I have no issues with his style at all, there have been good head coaches that are quiet, some that are brash some that are assholes, some that do not talk to you, some that babysit, some that don't.

This issue has nothing to do with Adam Gase and everything to do with a spoiled phony ass player that will cry a river about almost anything all the while pretending to be your bud.

I'm truly shocked how many jets fans have fallen fr his schlock, I am not at all surprised that a lot of mindless media have fallen for it.

If you are going to be an abrasive @sswipe you better be a Bill Parcells or Jim Harbaugh and know exactly what you are doing and have a rock solid game plan every week

Gase has the Parcells/Harbaugh attitude without the in game adjustment skill

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Guaranteed that if Adams is still a Jet in two weeks, someone will run with an anonymously-sourced story about the Jets under Chris Johnson being institutionally racist, and tie it into Adams’ situation. Book it.

There will be a white hood in his driveway.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

It's possible to believe Jamal is a spoiled little bitch while also understanding Gase has zero emotional intelligence when it comes to dealing with non-QB players.

The Jets finished 6-2 after 1-7 and that speaks volumes about Gase's people-skills.  Same for the fact that 0 coordinators and position coaches left the team (1 did, but it was a promotion we couldn't match) and 0 players are asking to leave (1 is, but its for $$$). 

And let's not forget Frank Gore.  Guy has 1 or 2 seasons left and he wanted to come here and wanted to play for Gase.  Again, don't believe what you read.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets just need to keep doing what they're doing-  nothing.

I don't think the world views Jamal Adams as some wronged victim here.  He's feebly manipulating the media and throwing cotton balls at the Jets in an attempt to bully them into moving him elsewhere, and I think that precedent upsets fans of other teams who don't want to see their 3rd year investments pull the "pay me now" move.  Jamal has no case.  So he looks like a fool.  Which he is.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Adams has been attacking social media with the frequency of a kid gamer who's parents bought him Red Sea Redeption 2 the moment it was released.  Yet with almost everything he's said... I dont remember him dropping any hints about the coaching staff.  Just how "it's over"... "it's time to move on" or "I'm trying."  Haven heard anything about Gase.

• Upvote 1

Lmao, Mehta can gtfo with the "Gase is why Jamal is uncertain" nonsense.
At most, Jamal would have to wait 1 season to see if Gase stays or goes. SECOND, if Gase stays, that means he most likely did a good job, removing some doubts.
This is Jamal's camp trying to paint him in a favorable light after he spent a good week destroying the public's perception of him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

@FidelioJet

Is this true or did you make it up?

Mehta is right more than he’s wrong. 

He often bashes the team for its incompetence but the team has been mostly incompetent.  Most of you just don’t like to hear the truth.

Gase is a bad HC whose MO has been to alienate his best players.

Tell me, where is Mehta wrong here?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

The only time Adams wasn’t on the worst team in the AFC East was playing under Gase. It’s not about winning with Jamal. Bowles pampered him and told him he was great. Williams and Gase want more.

And meanwhile his desire is to go be the 4th most important player on an established defense, based on the list of teams he provided.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

#GaseSoTreacherous he went back in time and made a preemie Jamal Adams move to Dallas and become a huge football fan, going so far as to introduce Jamal’s dad to a young Michael Irvin so they’d become close personal friends. 

Gase also gave Jamal Adams Narcissistic Personality Disorder.