Jets Letter to Season Ticketholders

Dear Mr.  

We hope you and your family are finding ways to enjoy the beginning of summer. As we prepare for the upcoming NFL season, we thank you for your patience and support while we address the uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. 

As previously shared, we continue to monitor the public health situation and work with government agencies, along with the League office, to provide you updates regarding the 2020-21 season and the overall gameday experience at MetLife Stadium. We anticipate, and are prepared to implement, Stadium protocols in order to protect the health and safety of our fans, players, and staff. While we remain optimistic about hosting games at MetLife Stadium this season, details around capacity remain uncertain and we are preparing for various contingencies. We will share new information as it becomes available. 

Below are current options regarding your season ticket subscription for the upcoming season due to possible concerns you may have regarding COVID-19. These options will remain available to you if future governmental, NFL, or Stadium protocols related to COVID-19 impact or limit our ability to host such games (which we will communicate as we learn more). Please note that the following options apply as a courtesy for the 2020-21 NFL season only:
  • 2020 Season Ticket Payment Deferral: For accounts enrolled in a payment plan, we will again be deferring your next season ticket payment, which was previously scheduled for July. You may also continue to make payments on your account. For those that have previously elected this option, you will be charged as scheduled in July.

• Deferment or Refund of 2020 Season Ticket Subscription:If you prefer not to use your tickets for the 2020 season, you may defer your subscription to the 2021 season and apply any previous payment made for 2020 as a credit towards your 2021 season tickets. Alternatively, you may choose to receive a refund and will have the option to renew your season tickets for 2021. In either instance, your seat location for the 2021 season will be reserved.

• Deferment of Next Scheduled PSL Payment: If you are a PSL account holder currently on an installment plan and you elect either to defer your 2020 season ticket payments to 2021 or request a refund, you also will have the option to defer your current PSL installment payment due in November 2020 to November 2021 with no additional charges (all other PSL rights and obligations will remain unchanged).

IMPORTANT: Please click HERE no later than Friday, July 17and log on to your Jets Account Manager to defer your 2020 season ticket subscription or your PSL payment to 2021, or to request a full refund of your 2020 season ticket subscription. Choose the option you are electing for the upcoming season and complete all required information. To make a payment towards your 2020 season tickets, please contact a Jets Representative at 800-469-JETS (5387). 

Other than as described in this notice, all other ticket Terms and Conditions will remain the same. If you have any questions, please contact your Jets Representative directly, call us at 800-469-JETS (5387) or email service@newyorkjets.com. 

Please continue to stay safe and healthy. We will get through this together. 

Sincerely,
The New York Jets
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

street fighter GIF

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Raul Julia as M. Bison was the most inspired casting of the 90s. End of story. 

He was post op stomach cancer when he took that role, strictly to leave a legacy to his children who loved the street fighter franchise. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

He was post op stomach cancer when he took that role, strictly to leave a legacy to his children who loved the street fighter franchise. 

I don't care what anyone says, that movie is fantastic, you took what you could get in regards to comic/video game movies in the 80s/90s lol. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Looks like I'm going to have to opt-in for the 2020 season as that's the only way to guarantee playoff tickets.

SAR I

On the off chance the Jets do make the playoffs and we're in a post-pandemic world next January then I'd just buy game tickets on the secondary market.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

nicely played.

jetschamps.jpg

It's happening, and while its still not something I'm comfortable with in July it may very well be that in January I'll be out and about and the anger of some pretzel-eater in my seats for our first home playoff game in 18 years would be more dangerous to my health than the burping and farting and droplets raining down on me from the upper deck. 

If I keep my seats I get the option to decide on attending the playoff game.  Methinks I'm going to keep that option open.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

I’m leaning toward taking a refund but I’m still not totally sure.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and have had season tickets in my name since I was 11 so basically all I’ve known every fall is attending Jets home games.  I’ve been able to accept most of my life not being normal these days but having a hard time accepting no games.  Most of my tailgate crew plans to take the refund and in all honesty I just don’t see it happening.  I’m definitely not deciding until July 17th.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

On the off chance the Jets do make the playoffs and we're in a post-pandemic world next January then I'd just buy game tickets on the secondary market.

coseats.jpg

Ah, but there won’t be a secondary market. 

If fans are allowed to attend games it will surely be in a reduced capacity, I’d be surprised if they let 20,000 people in with spreading out 6 feet at the sides as well as front and back.  

Would be the hottest ticket in New York. First Jets playoff home game in 18 years and 18,000 seats, not 82,500. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’m leaning toward taking a refund but I’m still not totally sure.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and have had season tickets in my name since I was 11 so basically all I’ve known every fall is attending Jets home games.  I’ve been able to accept most of my life not being normal these days but having a hard time accepting no games.  Most of my tailgate crew plans to take the refund and in all honesty I just don’t see it happening.  I’m definitely not deciding until July 17th.  

yup.  Same here.  Have had my own season tickets since I was 22.  I don't go to all the games but most. I was planning on keeping my tix and going to some select games, but after what Covid has done around the country since Memorial Day, I have serious doubts again.  It's going to be hard to stay away, but at 61, ex-smoker with light lung issues, high cholesterol (it's the blood clots after recovery causing strokes and coronaries that terrify me the most, BTW) and the like...  it's just not happening in 2020.  I would like to live to see the Jets win a championship again and it aint going to be 2020.   

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

In the same boat. I will wait a little longer but I still have doubts this season is even happening. The nba is having outbreaks now 

Just spoke to the Jets, there are a few wrinkles:

Deadlines:  July 17 is not an end-all date for making a final decision.  The Jets aren't going to start selling our seats out from under us until such time that the seating policies are announced.  For me, I can't make a decision because I don't know if they will only be allowing 18,000 fans socially distanced (I'd go) or 80,000 fans as usual (I won't go) so without that I'm in limbo.  The Jets are allowing for this assuming the NFL makes a decision on fans before the preseason which is common sense.  So I'm going to let the July 17 deadline pass without taking any action as I can opt out later in the summer.

Opt Back In:  If you decide to opt-out you can still opt back in at a later date.  Not sure what that date is, not sure if that's prior to opening day or the first preseason game, but no decisions are irreversible.  The Jets understand its a fluid situation.

Playoffs:  If you pass on season tickets for this season you cannot get your seats for the playoffs  should the Jets make it.  Playoff seats would go to those season ticket holder who kept their tickets and those who bought them a-la-carte once the Jets put them up for sale.  

That's what I know.  If I hear anything else I'll post it here.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetschamps.jpg

It's happening, and while its still not something I'm comfortable with in July it may very well be that in January I'll be out and about and the anger of some pretzel-eater in my seats for our first home playoff game in 18 years would be more dangerous to my health than the burping and farting and droplets raining down on me from the upper deck. 

If I keep my seats I get the option to decide on attending the playoff game.  Methinks I'm going to keep that option open.

SAR I

You don't like pretzels? What's wrong with you?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just spoke to the Jets, there are a few wrinkles:

Deadlines:  July 17 is not an end-all date for making a final decision.  The Jets aren't going to start selling our seats out from under us until such time that the seating policies are announced.  For me, I can't make a decision because I don't know if they will only be allowing 18,000 fans socially distanced (I'd go) or 80,000 fans as usual (I won't go) so without that I'm in limbo.  The Jets are allowing for this assuming the NFL makes a decision on fans before the preseason which is common sense.  So I'm going to let the July 17 deadline pass without taking any action as I can opt out later in the summer.

Opt Back In:  If you decide to opt-out you can still opt back in at a later date.  Not sure what that date is, not sure if that's prior to opening day or the first preseason game, but no decisions are irreversible.  The Jets understand its a fluid situation.

Playoffs:  If you pass on season tickets for this season you cannot get your seats for the playoffs  should the Jets make it.  Playoff seats would go to those season ticket holder who kept their tickets and those who bought them a-la-carte once the Jets put them up for sale.  

That's what I know.  If I hear anything else I'll post it here.

SAR I

Thanks for the info, but there zero chance they’re cramming 80K into the stadium this season. 

I just gave up my seats for 2020 and had my payment credited to 2021. It’s a little tough to swallow, but I can’t see myself being comfortable in that kind of setting- even with reduced admissions. 

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetschamps.jpg

SAR I

same

• Upvote 1

The fact that they are allowing season ticket holder to defer and hold their seats until 2021 is proof positive that you're going to see reduced capacity at games this year.

No chance we're getting 100% capacity if they're allowing STHrs to defer. 

What will be interesting is how they determine placement at 50% capacity and will STHrs who get moved to other sections (outside of their original price tier) get refunds for the difference.  

I suspect if you usually sat at the 40 yard line and because of social distancing your tickets are moved to the 15 yard line - you're going to want some cash back.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I spoke to them by phone today.  You do not need to make a final decision by the 17th.  They are just trying to get a feel as to how we as season ticket holders feel.  For me it is way too early to decide.  We still have no clue what the season will look like assuming there is one. Also from another point of view (and I am not making this political) we also do not know how the NFL is going to handle the national anthem.  Everyone has their views and the right to protest but from my background I cannot support disrespecting our flag.  This has nothing to do with anything else except for the flag for me.  There are other ways to go about the issues some have.  I thought they had got past the national anthem issue but for me that will be just as important as to where we are as a country with Covid-19 when I decide to attend or not. 

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Thanks for the info, but there zero chance they’re cramming 80K into the stadium this season. 

I agree.  Here's my thinking:  By giving a July 17 deadline for the opt-out they are going to see who remains and where they are seated and that's exactly where you need to start if you're going to consider a socially distanced stadium.

For the sake of argument, let's say 70% of the fans opt out on July 17.  That means the Jets know exactly who is attending and where they are sitting, two critical datapoints.  They can then determine who is in a safe spot (they stay in their existing seats) and move people around and away from each other (they get relocated to seats nearby).  If they have too many people in a given section, they tell them they can't attend all games or offer them a spot in the upper deck.  If they have too few people, they can offer very specific groups of 2/3/4 seats to the public.

I guess for the NFL to come up with a social distancing strategy it starts by finding out how many people actually want to go and the Jets will know that on July 17.

SAR I

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

coseats.jpg

Ah, but there won’t be a secondary market. 

If fans are allowed to attend games it will surely be in a reduced capacity, I’d be surprised if they let 20,000 people in with spreading out 6 feet at the sides as well as front and back.  

Would be the hottest ticket in New York. First Jets playoff home game in 18 years and 18,000 seats, not 82,500. 

SAR I

Meh. Could still buy a couple seats even if overpaying by using the $3K-5K saved throughout the season by not going to 8 games.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

I agree.  Here's my thinking:  By giving a July 17 deadline for the opt-out they are going to see who remains and where they are seated and that's exactly where you need to start if you're going to consider a socially distanced stadium.

For the sake of argument, let's say 70% of the fans opt out on July 17.  That means the Jets know exactly who is attending and where they are sitting, two critical datapoints.  They can then determine who is in a safe spot (they stay in their existing seats) and move people around and away from each other (they get relocated to seats nearby).  If they have too many people in a given section, they tell them they can't attend all games or offer them a spot in the upper deck.  If they have too few people, they can offer very specific groups of 2/3/4 seats to the public.

I guess for the NFL to come up with a social distancing strategy it starts by finding out how many people actually want to go and the Jets will know that on July 17.

SAR I

NJ just stopped indoor dining this week.  I really don't see any chance fans are in attendance at games this year.

You have September and October at best, then Nov \ Dec even if things are good flu season is going to send everyone into a panic.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

NJ just stopped indoor dining this week.  I really don't see any chance fans are in attendance at games this year.

You have September and October at best, then Nov \ Dec even if things are good flu season is going to send everyone into a panic.

You’re probably right.  Not to mention the whole league could be shut down if a team or two has a significant outbreak, and the potential blame for putting players at risk if heaven forbid a player or coach dies. 

Maybe it’s just best that all leagues take the year off.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 1