Who gets to be Bectons 1st victim?

Jetster

Big ticket might start out slow, have his struggles, but when your that big & string and he gets out into the 2nd level looking to demolish someone it's going to be a lot of fun watching the replays here at Jetnation. 

You know when he puts the pads to an opponent & gets his 1st solid pancake it's gonna fire up the entire Oline. Having one bid azz badazz on your side gives you that little bit of push to try & emulate that nastiness. All of the guys JD brought in here have a little nastiness, even Lewis brought that with him as I thought he was the toughest guy on the line last year. Fant is more finesse but that's OK if he starts out at LT. Those wide splits should help him since he's pretty nimble. But all 4 of the other guys will be brawlers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

His first victim will be Ed Oliver. 

It hadn't even occurred to me. If Mekhi pancakes Oliver, Allen, Bosa or any of the top pass rushers or dl people this board has obsessed over passing up in recent years there will be a great satisfaction to it...

Of course, if they get around him and nail sam.....we'll never hear the end of it either. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I know the beat writers won't cover it but I was looking forward to seeing
Becton vs. McLendon in 1 on 1's.  Even though McLendon isn't "elite" his
experience/tricks would give an indication on where Becton is in his 
development

We need to find a way to sneak you into Jets training camp. A pre-season without KRL Camp notes feels empty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

It hadn't even occurred to me. If Mekhi pancakes Oliver, Allen, Bosa or any of the top pass rushers or dl people this board has obsessed over passing up in recent years there will be a great satisfaction to it...

Of course, if they get around him and nail sam.....we'll never hear the end of it either. 

Pauline said he was giving up 3 sacks his first start

2 hours ago, KRL said:

I know the beat writers won't cover it but I was looking forward to seeing
Becton vs. McLendon in 1 on 1's.  Even though McLendon isn't "elite" his
experience/tricks would give an indication on where Becton is in his 
development

Did you see the first episode of one Jets drive for this year? They did a big show case on McClendon and I quickly became very grateful that he is still with the team. Even if he is nothing overly dominant at this point in his career, his leadership in that locker room and what he brings to the defense and D line especially can't be overstated enough! I hope to god QWill is spending as much time as possible with him. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Long as it’s a player and not a mascot I’ll be happy. 

Jamal Adams tenure with Jets vs Patriots

0-6 (53-187) point differential. Patriots mascot got the last LAUGHS. 3 years. I'm sure he pointed at Adams during all 6 of those beatings. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

PFF loved how he played yesterday. We might have a franchise LT on our hands.

The biggest concern was pass blocking because he didn't do it very much in college but it looks like he has no problem pass blocking either. Joe D might have nailed this pick. It looks very good after 1 game against a legit defense.

can you post the PFF analysis?

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

can you post the PFF analysis?

"ROOKIE WATCH

All things considered, Jets rookie left tackle Mekhi Becton had an impressive debut. While he did allow a sack, Becton allowed only one other pressure while often tasked with facing one of the better edge rusher in the league in Jerry Hughes. One of Becton’s biggest concerns coming out of Louisville was the fact that he hadn't been tested in true passing situations against top talent. It isn't easy for a rookie to hold up so well against a player like Hughes."

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.31.32 PM.png

• Upvote 1