Ngakoue traded to Vikings

prime21

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

The Vikings offense looks BAD.  Hopefully cook can stay healthy or they’re in trouble.

One can only hope. Whoa I forgot they have Kurt Cousins so everything is fine with the O. They wanted Cousins so badly that they beat out the Jets for him and we all said at the time it would crush they're cap down the road. They can't currently fit Ngakoue under the cap and will have to structure a lot of other contracts. I say f*#k em . 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

PFT is reporting that Ngakoue will take a pay cut with the Vikings. He'll play for $13.5 mil instead of the franchise tag price of $17.788 mil .

Does anyone know how Minny can trade for a franchised player if they already have a franchised player on their roster ? 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s like Matt Ryan in that he’s a purgatory QB. Good enough to be expensive, not good enough to win you anything. 

It’s a tough spot to be in, b/c if you let that guy go you could suck and lose your job.  Overpay and your team is flawed and imbalanced.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Guys that have the chance to choke are better than those who never reach the heights of being in or contending for the playoffs.

Cousins is a good QB, 67% career comp rating, 5 times 25 tds or more, 4 times over 4,000 yards passing, 2 time pro bowler.

He is not in a group of the elite QBs of the league but he is a good QB.

Not bad for a 4th rd pick of course there is a 6th rd pick that's pretty good also..

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

One can only hope. Whoa I forgot they have Kurt Cousins so everything is fine with the O. They wanted Cousins so badly that they beat out the Jets for him and we all said at the time it would crush they're cap down the road. They can't currently fit Ngakoue under the cap and will have to structure a lot of other contracts. I say f*#k em . 

Vikings extended  Cousins for an additional 2 yr. $66m. He’s there thru ‘22 I think. Their cap  Situation will be bad if cap space goes down next yr. along with Cowboys and others

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're full of it. He's a prime time choker. Thank God he chose the Vikings instead of the Jets. I NEVER wanted that choke artist.

Cousins threw for 4300 yards, 30/10 td/int, and a 99.7 QBR last year. We’d better hope Sam ever has a season like that

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cousins threw for 4300 yards, 30/10 td/int, and a 99.7 QBR last year. We’d better hope Sam ever has a season like that

Yup.  He also outdueled Drew Brees on the road in the playoffs last year.  He may not be an top 5 QB, but he is very good.

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Vikings extended  Cousins for an additional 2 yr. $66m. He’s there thru ‘22 I think. Their cap  Situation will be bad if cap space goes down next yr. along with Cowboys and others

Sounds like the have some manuevering to do to free up some space this year.  Vikes are going all in right now.