As expected Josh Malone added to 53 man roster

Sarge4Tide

CB Arthur Maulet was placed on IR LB Paul Worrilow released from Practice Squad

Currently have 1 open spot on the active roster and 3 practice squad spots 

Fully expect the Jets to sign at least 1 WR to the practice squad, if not the 53 man roster, soon - that would give us some flexibility

Remember, Malone was out of "free" call ups from the Practice Squad

Healthy game ready WRs right now for the Jets:

Hogan
Berrios
Malone

Cager
Montgomery
Scott

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Fully expect the Jets to sign at least 1 WR to the practice squad, if not the 53 man roster, soon - that would give us some flexibility

Hogan
Berrios
Malone

Cager
Montgomery
Scott

This is torture

• Upvote 3

Slim Pickens SMH.

I honestly don't understand how people can pick on Gase and Darnold with the luck we have not had!

Listen I cannot state factually what these guys will turn out to be. But we as fans also can't turn a blind eye and pretend it's excuses and not facts what has gone on for the last 2 years.

These guys haven't had a fighting chance and the fans are just totally Cut-throat plain and simple.

Tell me what new group will Darnold be throwing to this week ...during practice? Do you think Gase isn't sitting there with his head in his hand saying WTF?

Just sayin, I don't think any of these guys came here for a free paycheck or to lose or have a miserable life...

ya know!?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

Literally heading into training camp WR’s 1-5 were Crowder, Perriman/Mims, Smith, and Berrios.

So that fifth guy is the only healthy one right now.

Other healthy WR’s are Hogan (street FA), Malone (expected maybe practice squad), Cager (bubble guy), Montgomery (waived by Browns), and Scott (waived by Ravens).

Its a group I honestly think any quarterback would struggle to be productive with - and largely due to injury.

No, no, no. 

I've been told by actual JN experts on here that WRs are interchangeable and don't matter. All that matters is having a good QB. WR being a "premium position" is just one of those things. 

Don't worry, I made the same mistake. 

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Hogan
Berrios
Malone

Cager
Montgomery
Scott

Like the XFL but more anonymous

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I honestly don't understand how people can pick on Gase and Darnold with the luck we have not had

Here's how...

• On 4th and 1 he puts in a guy fresh off the practice squad and gets stuffed.
  • He doesn't let he QB call an audible in that situation
  • He doesn't run the ball behind his mountain of a man at LT
  • He actually said he doesn't have any plays for 4th and 7
  • Down 3 scores in the 4th quarter he goes for a FG to be down 3 scores

That's some of the many reasons why

Just now, BettyBoop said:

Here's how...

• On 4th and 1 he puts in a guy fresh off the practice squad and gets stuffed.
  • He doesn't let he QB call an audible in that situation
  • He doesn't run the ball behind his mountain of a man at LT
  • He actually said he doesn't have any plays for 4th and 7
  • Down 3 scores in the 4th quarter he goes for a FG to be down 3 scores

That's some of the many reasons why

Touche. But if he knows for a fact that he's playing his 3rd string players, do you think the guys ready to whip out his best coaching performance?

I don't know what you do for a living, but I can tell you that there's a difference between singing in a band in a dive bar, and opening for Motley Crue at Madison Square Garden.

Maybe the guy just knows he doesn't have the horses?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Touche. But if he knows for a fact that he's playing his 3rd string players, do you think the guys ready to whip out his best coaching performance?

I don't know what you do for a living, but I can tell you that there's a difference between singing in a band in a dive bar, and opening for Motley Crue at Madison Square Garden.

Maybe the guy just knows he doesn't have the horses?

So he did it on purpose???  He doesn't have the horses so he doesn't try???  This is exactly when he should whip out his best coaching performance.

36 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Hogan
Berrios
Malone

Cager
Montgomery
Scott

what is happening fred armisen GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Haha 1

@Sarge4Tide @BettyBoop

True story! Some 25 years ago I had an incredible guitar player. We were supposed to be showcasing for A&M records.

The guitar player bought the biggest amplifier he could find and also bought a 2 door Camaro. The night of the gig he had allergies and his mother gave him some kind of Benadryl or something. He was pretty stoned and finally figured out he couldn't fit as amplifier in his car.

Are you f****** kidding me!?

We had worked for months to be an incredible band and hopefully the best band in the world. But apparently dumb s*** happens!

I swear I'm not trying to make excuses for Gase. But at least try to put yourself in his shoes? This has been nothing but an uphill battle for him. I will admit that I think he's an anti-social, crazy football bookworm, so just imagine how frustrated he is!?

I am very sure that Adam has a plan and he just can't even get it off the f****** ground right now. It's got to be killing him, especially in the New York media Market and with the fans breathing down his neck ready to fly planes.

I'm pretty sure none of the Plane banners will say we're with you! and go for it! Just throwing out a different perspective and point of view.

What's your opinion? We'd like to know LOL! Remember that from Channel 11?

The WR group is an unquestionable disaster, but to attempt to use that as an excuse for Gase is rather heavily dependent on ignoring absolutely everything else that has been going on for years.  He's now onto his 6th consecutive season of laughably horrific performance of the unit he's a supposed (but unsupportable) expert at.

In reality, it's been complete incompetence for the entirety of his coaching career with the sole exception of when he stood around watching Peyton friggin' Manning calling all of the plays at the line.

24 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

So has there ever actually been a worse WR group in an NFL game?

I assume Hogan's career stats probably put them ahead of some but he's long been in decline. None of these guy are secure NFL players. They'd struggle to make most rosters. 

I dunno.  The 2013 season with that quartet of Stephen Hill, Greg Salas, David Nelson and Clyde Gates could give the current Jets one a run for its money.   

But of course, the lesson we should have learned there is that bad WR's is not a good enough excuse to declare that your bad QB is actually good.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno.  The 2013 season with that quartet of Stephen Hill, Greg Salas, David Nelson and Clyde Gates could give the current Jets one a run for its money.   

Only the Jets could field two historically bad WR groups within 7 years of each other independently, in this modern era of pass happy madness. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Hogan
Berrios
Malone

Cager
Montgomery
Scott

Hopefully Crowder is back this week.

• Upvote 1