Any word on injured players

jayrad01

Has Mims practiced at all this season? We haven’t heard many updates on him. Do we really expect him to play and actually make a catch and hold on to the ball and not re injure his sting bean hammy? Jets will obviously throw him in before he is ready but we all want to see our 2nd round pick. Has he even been practicing at all? I have no idea. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Today was the first practice of the week, so I imagine we'll hear some news soon, one way or the other.

All we know for sure is Darnold is unlikely to play.

Bell said last week that he should be back for the AZ game barring a setback.

That's about it.

Gase also made it sound like Mims should be good to go, but he hasn't practiced all summer, so who knows how many snaps he gets. 

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Has Mims practiced at all this season? We haven’t heard many updates on him. Do we really expect him to play and actually make a catch and hold on to the ball and not re injure his sting bean hammy? Jets will obviously throw him in before he is ready but we all want to see our 2nd round pick. Has he even been practicing at all? I have no idea. 

Gase basically said (I think on Friday) that Mims hadn't really practiced all summer because as soon as one injury healed, he got hurt again. 

41 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Literally has not run a single route against our defense in practice yet. I don't expect anything from him this year, so I'll be pleasantly surprised with anything he contributes.

2 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

I haven't seen anything on Leveon, Mims, Perriman, Bryce Hall, Cashman. I think they are eligible to return this week. Probably won't make a bit a difference. Also is Flacco going to start or do they see what they have in Moron?

Hi, this is from the official Jets site:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/injury-report/

I'm not sure how up to the minute it is. You know if that was the Official *Cheats site, half of it would be lies, which isn't to be confused with it being up to the minute. 

*New England Patriots

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Mims, Cashman, and Bell could all really help the team. They won’t but they could.

Don't forget our prized FA signing, Patrick Onwuasor. Hewitt and Williamson/Ogletree have been horrific.  Just adding the speed and range and blitzing capabilities that Cashman and Onwuasor offer could elevate the defense just enough to make games more interesting.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

I think they should start Captain Morgan and see what we have with him rather than play Flacco. We will lose either way might as well see what he can do.

If Flacco gets sacked once he'll probably be weeping in pain.

• Upvote 1

a brick appreciation , clipped from nypost today:

“Ferguson played in 167 straight games for the Jets, a remarkable Iron Man streak. He never even appeared on an injury report. That is insane. Players are required to be on the injury report if they receive any treatment from the trainer. That means Ferguson never had a sprained ankle or a sore shoulder, never injured a finger or got poked in the eye — at least not bad enough for him to tell anyone.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

20 minutes ago, jago said:

a brick appreciation , clipped from nypost today:

“Ferguson played in 167 straight games for the Jets, a remarkable Iron Man streak. He never even appeared on an injury report. That is insane. Players are required to be on the injury report if they receive any treatment from the trainer. That means Ferguson never had a sprained ankle or a sore shoulder, never injured a finger or got poked in the eye — at least not bad enough for him to tell anyone.”

Ha. This seems intentional. Me thinks there’s some drama with Becton and the organization. Costello has been Gases guy.

23 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Jets fans expect that and oh so much more.

Football - 123JasonRandall