Flacco to Start Sunday

Lith

Actually looking forward to it, at least it is something different

Anyone remember the Cards-Jets game in 2012 with McElroy starting? The only time I fell asleep in my seat (followed by a very sharp elbow to the side of the head from the Mrs as she said, I have to watch this crap so you have to also). It can't be as bad as that

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Anyone remember the Cards-Jets game in 2012 with McElroy starting? The only time I fell asleep in my seat (followed by a very sharp elbow to the side of the head from the Mrs as she said, I have to watch this crap so you have to also). It can't be as bad as that

It can't? 

Through 4 weeks of play this team is actually considerably worse than the 2012 team. Watching this defense chase Murray around all day? I think this game definitely could be worse 

Btw, I think McElroy came in for Sanchez, who threw 3 picks in the first half. 

Much of the success in the NFL is due to coaching preparation.

The Cardinals have been preparing for a Darnold Jets for weeks.  Flacco will confuse and short-circuit them, particularly since they are different style QBs.  

So in typical Jetsy fashion, the Jets will roll out the 13 year veteran QB and actually win.  Most teams are smart enough to play the young QBs they have, figuring they are either building a starting or backup QB for the future, or losing and improving the draft pick.  But no.  Not the Jets.  We bring out veteran QBs that are good enough to beat weaker teams.

The Cardinals are actually not a weaker team.  But I can see the element of surprise working in the Jets' favor.  That and increasing desperation by players and coaches. 

It is the Jets Way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Why would you put this juju on us?

10 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Too young to remember Vinny Testeverde? Come on dude the team had looked like it was running a bad Pac 10 offense the first 4 weeks. If you can sit through that you can watch Flacco to see what he does.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Would love to see him replicate some Vinnie T magic. I don't see Bill Parcells anywhere near Florham Park though.

I think VT 35 as well when he started w/the Jets? 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It can't? 

Through 4 weeks of play this team is actually considerably worse than the 2012 team. Watching this defense chase Murray around all day? I think this game definitely could be worse 

Btw, I think McElroy came in for Sanchez, who threw 3 picks in the first half. 

jogged the memory, that's right. Jets actually won that game 7-6 on a McElroy TD pass IIRC. Still dull as heck

he did start and lose (?) a game later

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Jets WRs lead the league in separation from defenders. Sam has played with a relatively clean pocket. I predict this offense is going to finally move the ball well.

Really curious to see how this plays out. If Flacco plays well enough, Darnold’s shoulder injury is going to mysteriously get a lot more severe. Gase already set up this scenario with the “he (Darnold) has a lot of pain” comment. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The Cardinals have been preparing for a Darnold Jets for weeks.  Flacco will confuse and short-circuit them, particularly since they are different style QBs.  

So in typical Jetsy fashion, the Jets will roll out the 13 year veteran QB and actually win.  Most teams are smart enough to play the young QBs they have, figuring they are either building a starting or backup QB for the future, or losing and improving the draft pick.  But no.  Not the Jets.  We bring out veteran QBs that are good enough to beat weaker teams.

The Cardinals are actually not a weaker team.  But I can see the element of surprise working in the Jets' favor.  That and increasing desperation by players and coaches. 

It is the Jets Way.  

Flacco could confuse everyone in the NFL simply by throwing an accurate pass to an open WR. Something Darnold never does.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, varjet said:

It is the Jets Way.  

This is why you fire the lame duck coach as soon as you know he's not the guy. Gase is desperate for wins. He's always going to play the mediocre veteran QB over White or Morgan. 

Keeping Gase around past the Denver game was yet another bit mistake by this franchise . . . among a sea of big mistakes. 

• Upvote 3

This game is going to be very telling.  It sounds as though neither Mims, Becton or Perriman will play this week again.  Bell will probably be back though.  How am immobile Flacco plays in this offense will either help or damage Darnold in the eyes of the fans and front office.  I'm eager to see how it plays out. It'll def be a good barometer to measure Darnold against. 

• Upvote 2