Five high profile players who have become liabilities. Sam is not on the list

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sam Darnold 32 career ints

Faker Bayfield 41 ints

On a team with 100 times the talent.

Interesting that 3 qbs who either could have been jets or were jets are listed. In cousins case, it seems like he’s missing diggs.  MYfield? He’s just a dog and fitzy will always be just fitzy.

The article is actually about players who are becoming liabilities ... so maybe they already considered Sam as one?

Personally I don't believe so. Jets are worse without him, whoever the backup is. And "being worse" is no mean feat given how bad we are to start with.

Also, take a look at the NFL.com draft order & team needs. QB is not considered a need for us. OL, WR, Edge. Same story from the past 10+ years.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sam Darnold 32 career ints

Faker Bayfield 41 ints

On a team with 100 times the talent.

He's also played in every game since that Thursday night game against us, so he's had more chances to throw INTs?

And 20 more TD's but whose counting

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because Sam plays on a completely sh*tty team yet continues to show great potential

niceee, two jaw dropping plays out of a dozen back foot throws, bone headed decisions & interceptions. 

Look, I think Sam has flashed and his arm talent is undeniable but there’s simply too much grey area in between these 45 second highlights to succeed in the NFL. I’m not saying his situation doesn’t impact his production because you’d be foolish not to see how evident that is but when you keep repeating the same mistakes, you make it easy for defenses to pin their ears back on you and make you paranoid & trigger happy...it shows up on film.

He needs a fresh start and so do we.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

niceee, two jaw dropping plays out of a dozen back foot throws, bone headed decisions & interceptions. 

Look, I think Sam has flashed and his arm talent is undeniable but there’s simply too much grey area in between these 45 second highlights to succeed in the NFL. I’m not saying his situation doesn’t impact his production because you’d be foolish not to see how evident that is but when you keep repeating the same mistakes, you make it easy for defenses to pin their ears back on you and make you paranoid & trigger happy...it shows up on film.

He needs a fresh start and so do we.

Eli Manning didn't start to really figure things out until his 4th season.  And that was under a HOF HC with some very talented weapons (e.g. Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Shockey, Tiki Barber).  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eli Manning didn't start to really figure things out until his 4th season.  And that was under a HOF HC with some very talented weapons (e.g. Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Shockey, Tiki Barber).  

This roster isn’t turning into the 07’ Giants by Sam’s 4th year..which is next year.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eli Manning also didn't miss a single NFL game due to injury/ailment his entire career.  16 straight years without a missed start.  

Darnold has already missed 8 games in 3 seasons.

And for every Eli Manning who sucked early and went on to success, there are dozens of QB's who sucked early on and continued to suck.  We've had several of those types of QB's just in the last decade.

Time to move on.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eli Manning also didn't miss a single NFL game due to injury/ailment his entire career.  16 straight years without a missed start.  

Darnold has already missed 8 games in 3 seasons.

And for every Eli Manning who sucked early and went on to success, there are dozens of QB's who sucked early on and continued to suck.  We've had several of those types of QB's just in the last decade.

Time to move on.  

Phil Simms couldn't stay healthy for a few seasons at the start of his career and then was very healthy for years (basically until 1990).  Should the Giants have dumped him?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Phil Simms couldn't stay healthy for a few seasons at the start of his career and then was very healthy for years (basically until 1990).  Should the Giants have dumped him?

If you have to go all the way back to the late 70s/early 80s to find an example like this, you've lost the war.

QB's have never been more protected than they are now, and the medical technology/sports medicine/training available to athletes is like a different world than the late 70s/early 80s.  

Darnold can't stay healthy because he's soft.  Period.  Even softer than Pennington was.  His first injury was a very minor one and he missed 3 games.  And the last injury he suffered was 100 % his fault.  Maybe stop holding onto the ball forever and he won't be put in those vulnerable positions.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:07 PM, Icer said:

He's also played in every game since that Thursday night game against us, so he's had more chances to throw INTs?

And 20 more TD's but whose counting

The TDs are outliers. The INTs are who he is. Don’t you know anything about evaluating QBs on other teams?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you have to go all the way back to the late 70s/early 80s to find an example like this, you've lost the war.

QB's have never been more protected than they are now, and the medical technology/sports medicine/training available to athletes is like a different world than the late 70s/early 80s.  

Darnold can't stay healthy because he's soft.  Period.  Even softer than Pennington was.  His first injury was a very minor one and he missed 3 games.  And the last injury he suffered was 100 % his fault.  Maybe stop holding onto the ball forever and he won't be put in those vulnerable positions.  

How about Drew Brees?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Brees

image.thumb.png.2963b33f5ee37ef41838e4e295f99326.png

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My girl! Love her! Not in Creepy, stalkery way or anything.  I mean  It's not like I know where she lives and stuff. Just, like, normal, you know....right?

Shes MINE! Back off! Lol

I would love to have just one night with her, a whip, two Sham-Wows, and a stick of butter. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:38 PM, JTJet said:

More importantly... Cynthia Frelund ?

cynthia-frelund.jpg

29 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My girl! Love her! Not in Creepy, stalkery way or anything.  I mean  It's not like I know where she lives and stuff. Just, like, normal, you know....right?

manhunter3-1.jpg.6c93c97da37c941a4bfa9229550e5038.jpg

17 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Shes MINE! Back off! Lol

I would love to have just one night with her, a whip, two Sham-Wows, and a stick of butter. 

@Jet_Engine1 She might've gone for you if you could still casually drop a line like "I'm the captain of JetNation".

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:17 AM, jamesr said:

The article is actually about players who are becoming liabilities ... so maybe they already considered Sam as one?

Personally I don't believe so. Jets are worse without him, whoever the backup is. And "being worse" is no mean feat given how bad we are to start with.

Also, take a look at the NFL.com draft order & team needs. QB is not considered a need for us. OL, WR, Edge. Same story from the past 10+ years.

I think we all know if you swapped out Sam to Cleveland & Baker to New York, Sam might look a lot better & Baker look even worse!

Sam was throwing to Smith, Berrios, Herndon, Crowder. Crowder has been over 100 yards 3 times. 

Give Sam OBJ & Landry with Hunt in the backfield?