Say goodbye to T. Lawrence

Bronx

1 minute ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

The Jets as a franchise dont have much to speak of when talking about best QBs. I stand by my statement. After Joe, no one is head and shoulders above the rest of the shoulda beens, coulda beens and never weres.

And I disagree.  Namath was head and shoulders above Ken O'Brien.  But O'Brien was also head and shoulders above all other QB's, including Sanchez and Vinny T.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I disagree.  Namath was head and shoulders above Ken O'Brien.  But O'Brien was also head and shoulders above all other QB's, including Sanchez and Vinny T.

Thats fair. I loved Kenny O when he was QB, his problem was his mobility. Except for Joe, there is not 1 Jet QB I would choose to start a franchise from scratch. Its a futile execise of shuffling turds.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

Thats fair. I loved Kenny O when he was QB, his problem was his mobility. Except for Joe, there is not 1 Jet QB I would choose to start a franchise from scratch. Its a futile execise of shuffling turds.

Pennington, pre-injury.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

O’Brien wasn’t that good. He had tremendous talent around him at the skill positions and never won a playoff game. He also was a statute. He caused most of the sacks he had. He also had poor football instincts. On fourth down when he could easily run for a first down, he would throw the ball away. Sorry I don’t agree with you about O’Brien. He also never scored a TD in his career.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

Anyone watching this team thinking “Trevor Lawrence will turn this around” is delusional 

Trading down won't either.  Neither option will "turn this around" right away.

At least in the former situation, we'd have a QB (probably).  Gotta start somewhere, and QB is a great place to begin.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trading down won't either.  Neither option will "turn this around" right away.

At least in the former situation, we'd have a QB (probably).  Gotta start somewhere, and QB is a great place to begin.

Yeah i know. I’m just sayin. It’s just as likely — maybe more — unless TL is Marvel Universe, that he crashes and burns in epic repeat of the tragic cycle that is our lives  

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase CANNOT coach the last NEP game.  

An interim can screw the tank by being unpredictable.   

Gase is perfect for the tank now.  But at some point he needs to be shot and moved along. 

Adam Gase as HC the entire season assures the NY Jets of an 0-16 record. 

Sit back relax and let it happen. 

I laugh at everyone that still currently assumes we are landing Trevor Lawrence. 

Exactly 9 things need to happen before that's a reality...

1 - Need to lose to Miami

2 - Need to lose to Las Vegas

3 - Need to lose to Seattle

4 - Need to lose to Los Angeles

5 - Need to lose to Cleveland

6 - Need to lose to New England

7 - Trevor Lawrence needs to declare

8 - Joe Douglas needs to select Trevor Lawrence

9 - Trevor Lawrence needs to not force a trade 

I dont want to hear sh*t about it being unrealistic that Lawrence forces a trade. There is precedent for this to happen, and there is a fairly decent shot it does, especially considering the vitriol for our team among sports media and some agents. 

We should pay VERY close attention to what agency Trev rolls with when/if he declares. Might say a lot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

O’Brien wasn’t that good. He had tremendous talent around him at the skill positions and never won a playoff game. He also was a statute. He caused most of the sacks he had. He also had poor football instincts. On fourth down when he could easily run for a first down, he would throw the ball away. Sorry I don’t agree with you about O’Brien. He also never scored a TD in his career.

I'm not old enough to remember him, but this is my dad's take on O'Brien, as well

He's still pissed we passed on Marino. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

He will.

Even his head coach Dabo Swinney has gone on record stating that he highly doubts that Trevor will return to Clemson for his final season. 

And if after already catching Covid himself @ Clemson?

To think that he'd actually want to return to ANOTHER Covid ruined NCAA season next year instead of going #1 overall into the NFL?

I'm sorry but you're absolutely nuts!

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He will.

Even his head coach Dabo Swinney has gone on record stating that he highly doubts that Trevor will return to Clemson for his final season. 

And if after already catching Covid himself @ Clemson?

To think that he'd actually want to return to ANOTHER Covid ruined NCAA season next year instead of going #1 overall into the NFL?

I'm sorry but you're absolutely nuts!

No I'm not. 

Yes, you may be correct about that one thing. But ALL 9 have to happen. It's a complex equation. 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I laugh at everyone that still currently assumes we are landing Trevor Lawrence. 

Exactly 9 things need to happen before that's a reality...

1 - Need to lose to Miami

2 - Need to lose to Las Vegas

3 - Need to lose to Seattle

4 - Need to lose to Los Angeles

5 - Need to lose to Cleveland

6 - Need to lose to New England

8 - Joe Douglas needs to select Trevor Lawrence

9 - Trevor Lawrence needs to not force a trade 

I dont want to hear sh*t about it being unrealistic that Lawrence forces a trade. There is precedent for this to happen, and there is a fairly decent shot it does, especially considering the vitriol for our team among sports media and some agents. 

We should pay VERY close attention to what agency Trev rolls with when/if he declares. Might say a lot. 

All we need is Jax to win one more game and he’s ours. Or we’ll just lose out instead. Either way there’s a high percentage chance he’s ours come April

I just can't see a scenario where the Jets end up with the best QB prospect to come out of football since Luck and Peyton before him. I know this team Is historically bad but classic Jets are going to screw this up by beating the Pats for the last game of the year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I just can't see a scenario where the Jets end up with the best QB prospect to come out of football since Luck and Peyton before him. I know this team Is historically bad but classic Jets are going to screw this up by beating the Pats for the last game of the year. 

I said it before our last NE game, I said it after our last NE loss and I'll say it again one more time...

"Adam Gase on his BEST DAY can not beat Bill Belichick on his WORST DAY". 

X___DWC___

Bill Belichick couldn't out-stink nor out-tank Adam Gase even if he TRIED.