Go on record now -- who do you THINK and who do you WANT as next Jets HC?

jgb

Think: Greg Roman

Want: Joe Brady, Arthur Smith

Avoid: Bienemy, Harbaugh, Meyer, Caldwell, Bill O Brien

Kill Me: Gase Year 3, Rex Ryan

I'm pretty sure JD is going to pivotal in the next search, and those BALT connections lead me to think Roman will be the guy. I'd like for them to take a crack at the McVay/Shanahan mold with Joe Brady, but this organization is not that bold so I doubt it. Arthur Smith is also being overlooked, but he has done really well in Tennessee and is going to be a HC soon with the way the Titans are lighting up the league and having continuous improvement year over year.

I don't think Bienemy is coming here, he seems like a Texans hire. Harbaugh and Meyer are just names at this point, Harbaugh has seen his star fall and Meyer's shtick won't work in the NFL. Caldwell and BOB are just failed retreads like Gase.

• Upvote 1

I love the people who sh*t all over EB because they think it's all Reid and Mahomes in KC.  You get the "what has EB ever really done" argument.

Then they turn around and pound the table for Joe Brady....who was a ******* grad assistant at Penn St. 4 years ago.

Gimmie a ******* break

• Haha 1

Think: Harbaugh (who I dislike - John is way better than his little bro plus I don't want anyone who's been a HC already and failed like Gase) 

Want: Bienemy

People who want to stay away from Bienemy harping on how Reid calls most plays are missing the point. He's a leader of men. He's creative, and he puts his players in the best position to do what they excel at. Players want to play for him. What're you worried about? He doesn't know when to call a run vs when to call screen vs when to call a deep pass? He's a former player and ill take all that knowledge and all the positives over his negatives. 

Jim Harbaugh did good things in SF but he left that place in shambles by the end of it. He butted heads with players and that Michigan program is a major disappointment.  I'm done with the Coaching carousel. Get me someone new, we shoulda taken Rhule. If not Bienemy I'll take Campbell. 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I love the people who sh*t all over EB because they think it's all Reid and Mahomes in KC.  You get the "what has EB ever really done" argument.

Then they turn around and pound the table for Joe Brady....who was a ******* grad assistant at Penn St. 4 years ago.

Gimmie a ******* break

Literally any competent Offensive mind could step into Bienemy's role and succeed. He is running Andy Reids plays and has the best offensive weapons in all of football. How does that make Bienemy any kind of offensive genius? 

Brady has been praised wherever he has gone and quickly worked his way up the ladder at various places. Let's see Bienemy succeed in more than just, really lucky, situation before we hand over the keys to this franchise. 

• Upvote 1

Think - Jim Schwartz - eagles could move on from him after a bad season he could be their scapegoat or part of it and he has a connection to joe douglas. Schwartz also has head coach experience with the lions and would likely take a headcoaching job even one for the Jets where many of the bigger named guys may look for a franchise with more stability.

Want - Jim Schwartz - sure he is not an offensive genius but with the right staff it won't matter and our defense needs leadership desperately too. Assuming that lawrence or if we manage to mess it up darnold can score a touchdown or two per game behind what is hopefully a much improved offense we can win games if we can keep opposing teams from scoring more than 20 per game on us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Think - Jim Schwartz - eagles could move on from him after a bad season he could be their scapegoat or part of it and he has a connection to joe douglas. Schwartz also has head coach experience with the lions and would likely take a headcoaching job even one for the Jets where many of the bigger named guys may look for a franchise with more stability.

Want - Jim Schwartz - sure he is not an offensive genius but with the right staff it won't matter and our defense needs leadership desperately too. Assuming that lawrence or if we manage to mess it up darnold can score a touchdown or two per game behind what is hopefully a much improved offense we can win games if we can keep opposing teams from scoring more than 20 per game on us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I would like Schwartz as the DC. I stuggle to see him as the CEO type of coach I'm really craving though.  Remember when he chased Harbaugh off of the field that time lol 

13 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Gimmie a ******* break

Joe bradys offense made lsu unbeatable and is making a so so carolina team look really good.  In neither of those cases wass he just a placeholder oc just doing what the hc  wanted.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Leon Hess gave Bill Parcells money and complete control

maybe Woody grows a brain like Hess did

Woody and CJ don,t even remotely realize that the jets org structure is one of the worst things about the team and had been the cause of a number of bad years, they just do not see it.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Woody and CJ don,t even remotely realize that the jets org structure is one of the worst things about the team and had been the cause of a number of bad years, they just do not see it.

Like I said a broken clock is right twice a day.  Maybe Woody realizes he should stop being the de facto GM and let the adults run the show

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Roman or Daboll will be H.C here. I want Roman he’s a N.J guy and knows the fan base media. Plus he’s getting a free pass for two year minimum.

This years so bad, even average NFL play looks like the Jerry Rice 49ers.

Boy.  You ain't kidding.  I usually don't want more than around two games a week.  And now I don't feel like I am missing anything.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Leon Hess gave Bill Parcells money and complete control

maybe Woody grows a brain like Hess did

Between Woody and Chris there isn't one viable brain cell. At least Hess was a self-made successful business leader. Woody and Chris have never done anything in their lives except inherit money. What makes you think they could ever grow a brain?

On 10/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, jgb said:

Think: Bieniemy. Jets written all over him. Pumped up coordinator. Waiting for his shot. Will curry league favor and will likely be cheap. A Johnson wet dream.

Want: Joe Brady. Just too delicious for Jets to choose a Rhule assistant after they scared Rhule away by trying to micromanage his assistant choices. Was a really close call with Greg Roman, who absent the Johnson comeuppance would be my clear #1. 

Is Vince Lombardi available?