Go on record now -- who do you THINK and who do you WANT as next Jets HC?

jgb

Think: Bieniemy. Jets written all over him. Pumped up coordinator. Waiting for his shot. Will curry league favor and will likely be cheap. A Johnson wet dream.

Want: Joe Brady. Just too delicious for Jets to choose a Rhule assistant after they scared Rhule away by trying to micromanage his assistant choices. Was a really close call with Greg Roman, who absent the Johnson comeuppance would be my clear #1. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Campbell from Iowa state. He resurrected that program from the ashes with nothing but pure will, guts and a no nonsense attitude. I want no one who may even be remotely related to Brady #12 even if it’s a 100th cousin removed. 

So that's a think and a want?

WANT:

1) Urban Meyer (probably highly unrealistic but we should make the call anyway)

2) Matt Campbell (I think this is possible but apparently he turned us down before)

3) Dabo Swinney (probably unrealistic but maybe a chance if we can get Trevor)

4) Jim Harbaugh (people on here saying he'd need to be GM too so not realistic if so.  I don't like that he'd be "recycled" but he's fiery, which we need)

EDIT: I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this but I'd certainly consider taking Eric Mangini back if we can't get the above guys (though I'm sure there are probably more good candidates that I'd be happy with other than the 4 listed above)

THINK:

Condoleeza Rice

(nah, I think it'll be Eric Bieniemy)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

WANT:

1) Urban Meyer (probably highly unrealistic but we should make the call anyway)

2) Matt Campbell (I think this is possible but apparently he turned us down before)

3) Dabo Swinney (probably unrealistic but maybe a chance if we can get Trevor)

4) Jim Harbaugh (people on here saying he'd need to be GM too so not realistic if so.  I don't like that he'd be "recycled" but he's fiery, which we need)

THINK:

Condoleeza Rice

(nah, I think it'll be Eric Bieniemy)

You know who Dabo Swinney really thinks a lot of amongst his fellow ACC coaches? Dino Babers. Hire Dabo as head coach, and Dino as OC. Dabo and Dino. I'm just messing around. I know those guys are staying put. 

• Upvote 1

Want Campbell or Brady

Think it will be bienamy if the johnsons have any real influence.

(As an aside I am not in the Harbaugh camp, i simply do not like what i have seen from michigan more often than not, offense style and the fact that they underachieve and can't beat the really good teams.)

• Upvote 2

I think Bienemy has been passed over for a reason. Now it could be that he just is not good of a candidate, or he could just be out of the box like Arians was. But reason to be leery.

Want: Don't really "want" anyone at this point. I think the most important thing is QB development. So I would look at Brady, see if Lincoln Reilly or Matt Campbell has interest and then look at Joe Brady and Shane Steichen (who is doing an awesome job with Herbert)

Think: Well if Chris stays, I am not convinced he fires Gase especially if Darnold shows any development down the stretch. All it would take is a couple of wins for him to justify keeping Gase

If Woody takes over, expect a reversion to defensive minded coaches .

Odds on Jets making right call: ZERO.

Reality is that the Jets need to hire a football guy as director of operations and cede control but that will not happen.

• Sympathy 1

That Art Smith guy in Tennessee has already cured one patient from Post Gase Traumatic Disorder and has crafted a remarkably disciplined and effective offense that plays simple football. 

Let's hire that guy. Our whole team is going to need a lot of help recovering from Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Think:  Gase

Want:  Gase (with a new offensive coordinator that has full control)

I say that because Gase isn't getting fired and to hope for anything else is just settng yourself up for heart break. 

will ferrell pain GIF by Daddy's Home

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Think:  Gase

Want:  Gase (with a new offensive coordinator that has full control)

I say that because Gase isn't getting fired and to hope for anything else is just settng yourself up for heart break. 

Your want is not happening at all.  No way a coordinator coach gives someone else full control.  no way.

If Gase stays there would be a legit chance draft choices try and dodge the jets and Fa would be a flop.

If the Jets keep Gase they will lose a lot of fans and the Johnsons will have such a shi* storm on their hands they won;t know what to do.