Jamal Adams, thru 4 games played in Seattle

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Absolutely and we will judge those picks once they are selected and play for us hopefully good or bad. 

The trade will have been a great one regardless of how the picks are used.  The picks themselves will be a separate analysis. 

Not only did we add draft capital, we avoided having to pay a limited Safety $18M+ per season, which is 100 % what Maccagnan would have done had he still been the GM here.  The Seahawks gave up two 1sts and a 3rd and will soon have to decide whether to pay him a hefty contract, let him walk after 2021, or flip him in a trade for a lot less than they gave up.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  The @kevinc855 @bitonti @Defense Wins Championships brigade would be all over that sh*t.  

Instead we have a DWC thread about how having a QB is actually good.  lulz.  Ironic coming from the guy who thought Jamal Adams >>> Mahomes/Watson.

instead we have fans of an 0-9 team taunting fans of a 6-2 team for what exactly? Giving up passing yards? 

the Jets defense is somehow worse than the Jets offense and that's saying something 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In this hypothetical, what happens? JD shrewdly convinces Jamal Adams to play for pennies?

the Jets took all the money they would have paid Jamal Adams and did nothing with it 

next year... they will do nothing with it 

Jamal Adams isn't a perfect better but he's better than nothing, lebowski 

moving pictures sleeping GIF by Tech Noir

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

instead we have fans of an 0-9 team taunting fans of a 6-2 team for what exactly? Giving up passing yards? 

the Jets defense is somehow worse than the Jets offense and that's saying something 

Except it is not all all.

The defense is a bit worse than last year.

The offense is dead last in almost everything.

If the Jets had jamal adams right now they would be ....wait for it.....0-9

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, these numbers are only based on his coverage of Edelman.  He hasn't been getting his a$$ handed to him in the other 3 games or anything.  And for two 1sts and a 3rd, he damn well better be able to cover Edelman, at least adequately. 

Another great Larz take!  Stick to posting the pics of Norwegian chicks.  You're completely useless to JN otherwise.  Much like Jamal Adams is completely useless in Seattle.

Dude, relax man. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah but not sure they are worse than Seattle’s pass defense. After the addition of Jamal, we know we suck, must really suck to find out you  still suck after giving up that many draft picks. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bruh. Don't get me started on Jamal Adams. 

Because I can clearly post last year's top 5-10 defensive rankings and our 7 wins being led by our first All-Pro 1st team selection in Jamal Adams and then compare our awful Defense of 2020 who's absolutely fallen off a cliff since his departure. As a way of showing his true impact. 

But I rather not because as a fan I'm willing to move on and hope that JD can give us some awesome building blocks on offense around Trevor Lawrence with our two first round picks in return from Jamal Adams. 

And if JD does land us two A+ talents on offense with the Jamal picks; as a Jets fan and once Jamal Adams believer I can always credit Jamal's on field Pro Bowl and All Pro greatness for a haul in return (as I'm not the idiot who wanted to trade him to Dallas for 1 whopping 17th overall pick like you did and JD, didn't lol). 

In closing. Only a clueless Football fan would credit Seattle's Defense for being horrible when A.) Jamal has been banged up during a pandemic season and has only played what, 4 games?. B.) Seattle's defense was obviously so atrocious before Jamal's addition that Seattle was willing to give up two 1st's and a 3rd in order to begin attempting to fix it. C.) If JD has time to turn around our Jets offense then why doesn't Seattle's GM have time to actually build a Defense around Jamal with Wilson already a Franchise QB? D.) Hypocritical much? He just got there, genius! E.) Wait for the playoffs before you write off Jamal improving their Defense (moving forward) because postseason play is where stars like Jamal Adams are born. 

Be thankful you ever had a player of Jamal's caliber to return us a Khalil Mack type of haul due to Jamal's on field production as a JET!

Care to talk about our 2020 Jets defense that's fallen off an absolute cliff, or would that not fit your genius agenda? lol...

PS: I've had this user name around Jet boards since dating back to 2005-2006 and I'm ready for a change to make Football Great Again so the very moment we draft Trevor Lawrence? I will immediately create my new and improved OWC "OffenseWinsChampionships" user name for hopefully the next 15-20 years; and finally retire DWC (and admit Defense no longer Wins Championships anymore). 

And yes. If JD drafts two A+ offensive playmakers and overall game changers with the Jamal picks? Guys like you will never hear the end of it (from guys like me). 

Good enough response for you? Ok. Good. 

Damn do I already deeply miss our once tough, physical, aggressive, nasty and top tier Defense led by Jamal Adams; because they've fallen off a cliff without the heart and soul of our defense (#33) and Gregg Williams and Marcus Maye are both becoming exposed without him; we're now one of the worst Defenses in the league and it happened immediately following Jamal's departure. How many career INTs does your "Ball Hawking" Marcus Maye have? lol smh @ not drafting my FSU kid in Dalvin Cook over that soon to be 30 year old JAG Marcus Maye (who could never fetch us two 1st round picks) because he's just meh and his 2020 defense just goes to show how MEH he really is.

Why don't you copy and paste all of your Le'Veon Bell and Darron Lee braggadocios/manifestos about how much you "called it" from another website? Anyone can shoot arrows blindly into the sun and once in a while hit a bluebird by chance, but parsing the ABSOLUTE DOMINATION of Jamal Adams is ridiculous, even for you.

This why "psychics", specifically James Van Praagh. are so full of shi t but so on the mark for every rube there is. Everyone shelves how wrong they are 99.9% of the time.  I can say things like, "Major earthquake in California strikes along the San Andreas Fault, mark it down", "The Goddess Pele grumbles threateningly in Hawaii, you should run",  or "Monsoon hits India during Monsoon Season" and slide on it,  but the point I'm trying to make is that making wild assertions that rarely happen and then you get lucky roughly as often as Halley's Comet shoots by isn't anything to write home about.

Overpaying Jamal Adams would've been a bad move. KING ME.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the Jets took all the money they would have paid Jamal Adams and did nothing with it 

next year... they will do nothing with it 

Jamal Adams isn't a perfect better but he's better than nothing, lebowski 

moving pictures sleeping GIF by Tech Noir

Tim Tebow is on a car commercial now with some other NFL player, I blocked it out who. I felt a vague sense of vague gayness. I mean, illness.  I would say it was almost Proustian, but it doesn't involve memories invoked by my sense of smell. Scratch that. It all stinks. 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 15 completions allowed on 20 targets (75 completion %)
  • 116.7 QB Rating when targeted
  • 13.6 yards allowed per target

But he does have 3.5 sacks so that's cool.

Gregg Williams was right (partially).  Seattle isn't using him like he was used here.  But he was wrong about one thing:  Adams isn't "bored".  He's getting targeted far too often to be bored out there. 

Are you in love with him?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Don't be silly.  What we have is fans of an 0-9 team taunting other fans of the same 0-9 team, the latter who were themselves desperately attempting to do the taunting mere months earlier and have since been proven indisputably wrong in every measurable way.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Why don't you copy and paste all of your Le'Veon Bell and Darron Lee braggadocios/manifestos about how much you "called it" from another website? Anyone can shoot arrows blindly into the sun and once in a while hit a bluebird by chance, but the parsing the ABSOLUTE DOMINATION of Jamal Adams is ridiculous, even for you.

This why "psychics", specifically James Van Praagh. are so full of shi t but so on the mark for every rube there is. Everyone shelves how wrong they are 99.9% of the time.  I can say things like, "Major earthquake in California strikes along the San Andreas Fault, mark it down", "The Goddess Pele grumbles threateningly in Hawaii, you should run",  or "Monsoon hits India during Monsoon Season" and slide on it,  but the point I'm trying to make is that making wild assertions that rarely happen and then you get lucky roughly as often as Halley's Comet shoots by isn't anything to write home about.

Overpaying Jamal Adams would've been a bad move. KING ME.

Look. I'll say this one time and one time only (because I know you're trying to antagonize me in order to get me banned). 

I actually enjoy posting here on JN (as I did many of years ago) and have been posting here more often as of late, as a way from getting away from some of the nasty TGG posters such as yourself and maybe 2-3 others (won't mention any names); so please do me a favor you crazy cat lady of a complete wack job; keep your little TGG personal attacks and insults towards me over @ TGG and away from stalking me over here @ JN; and if you truly have something to say and get off your chest to me? You can always inbox/pm me (or "attack" me over @ TGG; just like you always do) but do me a favor and leave me the fk alone here on JN. 

I go out of my way to ignore you @ TGG.

I never respond to you with these types of posts from you (I can quote you on one too many that I just, ignore) so I always IGNORE YOU. Please don't make me ignore you here on JN too (actually just don't even quote me here on JN anymore because I obviously do not like you, can not stand you and will never talk football with you).

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Look. I'll say this one time and one time only (because I know you're trying to antagonize me in order to get me banned). 

I actually enjoy posting here on JN (as I did many of years ago) and have been posting here more often as of late, as a way from getting away from some of the nasty TGG posters such as yourself and maybe 2-3 others (won't mention any names); so please do me a favor you crazy cat lady of a complete wack job; keep your little TGG personal attacks and insults towards me over @ TGG and away from stalking me over here @ JN; and if you truly have something to say and get off your chest to me? You can always inbox/pm me (or "attack" me over @ TGG; just like you always do) but do me a favor and leave me the fk alone here on JN. 

I go out of my way to ignore you @ TGG.

I never respond to you with these types of posts from you (I can quote you on one too many that I just, ignore) so I always IGNORE YOU. Please don't make me ignore you here on JN too (actually just don't even quote me here on JN anymore because I obviously do not like you, can not stand you and will never talk football with you).

You "ignored" it so much that you responded. "Please don't make me ignore  you", is this a joke? I "stalked you over here", are you insane? You leave yourself open to constructive criticism because you invite it with attention grabbing spamming and nonsense. "Crazy cat lady", I don't have a cat, I have a dog, and I would never PM you, thanks. Besides, why say privately what you can say out loud? I never attacked you here or anywhere else, and I couldn't care less if you get banned or spam the board into perpetuity, but if the former should ever happen, just like always, it's your own doing and yours alone. 

I would say please, quote me on one too many to list seeing as lists are your thing, but then I'd have to hear how wrong I am about your attention grabbing spamming after you tried to prove it with stats and videos and pie charts and failed. You obviously do not like me and cannot stand me and will never talk football with me.  JUST IGNORE ME. I'll wait, Miami fan.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 hours ago, Drums said:

Also I like how JD played it. He could have traded him during last season when all fans loved him and probably would have had  less support in general. Instead, he let Jamal shoot his way out of town, had the fan support for the trade, and made a KILLING for a guy that’s just average at this point. 

Hard to say.  I don’t think Douglas should make or not make any deal based on fan support.  It’s also been argued that the pick value the jets would’ve got is worth more than what they did get. Don’t get me wrong, I think the trade is great but numbers don’t always mean quality or even the impact on the team.

And, let’s be clear. If Adams was playing better there’d be all kinds of fan outrage. Jamal mouthed his way out.