Jamal Adams, thru 4 games played in Seattle

Jetsfan80

Seattle Times ran a piece on Hawks salary cap for next year. They have some issues that will make JAs resigning tough. With some very big contracts already locked in, adding another is not likely. JA has another year on his rookie deal, but even that will cost the Hawks 9+ M. It’s a problem 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 15 completions allowed on 20 targets (75 completion %)
  • 116.7 QB Rating when targeted
  • 13.6 yards allowed per target

But he does have 3.5 sacks so that's cool.

Gregg Williams was right (partially).  Seattle isn't using him like he was used here.  But he was wrong about one thing:  Adams isn't "bored".  He's getting targeted far too often to be bored out there. 

He’s a rich man’s Eric Smith, on the field. Easy target to abuse in passing game (which is the life blood of the nfl), occasionally exciting at the LOS.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Seahawks are $8 million under the cap next year and have to re-up their CB1 and OLT. I think it’s 50/50 that they try to flip Adams to the Cowboys and recoup a few picks after this season. It’s simply impossible to justify paying him based on his production. Also doesn’t help that a 212 lb ILB has predictably been hurt for half the season. 

Ha, if he winds up on the Cowboys I will shriek so hard you'll have to stuff a sock in my mouth to stop me. Why would I find that so funny you ask? Because of the uncanny inadvertent path for him to eventually actually wind up there.

Speaking of socks, if Jamal Adams tripped on his own laundry basket and got some of his own tubes socks stuck in his mouth he would have stopped talking and done himself a world of good. Hanes socks. I recommend Hanes.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, addage said:

Seattle Times ran a piece on Hawks salary cap for next year. They have some issues that will make JAs resigning tough. With some very big contracts already locked in, adding another is not likely. JA has another year on his rookie deal, but even that will cost the Hawks 9+ M. It’s a problem 

Get ready for "Jamal shoots his way out of town, v2.0"!

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

the obsession on this board over an ex-player is borderline hysterical.

Funny how you and New York Mick were very much on the side of "pay Jamal" when he was here, and are the only 2 to comment in this fashion so far.

Anyone else want to join in?  It's nice to have a reminder of who was who.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What safeties have been fan favorites here? 

Many hated Eric Smith,Kerry Rhodes,Calvin Pryor, Jamal Adams. 

I liked Kerry Rhodes.  Many others did as well.  

Smith and Pryor absolutely sucked.  Adams was overrated and unlikable.  

Jim Leonhard was never hated here.  He was a fan favorite.  Victor Green was liked as well, at least until he signed with the Patriots in '02.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how you and New York Mick were very much on the side of "pay Jamal" when he was here, and are the only 2 to comment in this fashion so far.

Anyone else want to join in?  It's nice to have a reminder of who was who.  

I was a fan of Jamal Adams play on the field, the face of the D, big time playmaker. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 15 completions allowed on 20 targets (75 completion %)
  • 116.7 QB Rating when targeted
  • 13.6 yards allowed per target

But he does have 3.5 sacks so that's cool.

Gregg Williams was right (partially).  Seattle isn't using him like he was used here.  But he was wrong about one thing:  Adams isn't "bored".  He's getting targeted far too often to be bored out there. 

UMPH ! JUST LIKE YOU TO DISCOUNT HIS CHEER-LEADING ABILITY !   ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well it makes all the Jamal lovers look like crap mostly,  All the guys that lectured the hell out of people for doubting his greatness and impact on the team.  As I've said before the 'move on crowd' are always the people that were 100% wrong on the topic being dicussed.

On a happier note I went out shopping today and bought a new winter coat, gloves, snow pants and some other things and also came away with this beauty !

UnsDDgu.jpg

The Grinch is awesome....Definitely my favorite Christmas character. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Seattle isn't using him in an ideal way but all this proves is the minimal impact of box safeties. They're a luxury, not the backbone of your defense. They don't move the needle on their own.

Coffee is great, Coffee Is Great.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well it makes all the Jamal lovers look like crap mostly,  All the guys that lectured the hell out of people for doubting his greatness and impact on the team.  As I've said before the 'move on crowd' are always the people that were 100% wrong on the topic being dicussed.

On a happier note I went out shopping today and bought a new winter coat, gloves, snow pants and some other things and also came away with this beauty !

UnsDDgu.jpg

I was at Seuss Landing in Universal just today. I saw a candy apple made out like the Grinch.   I almost got it.  Now I regret deciding against it. :) 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I liked Kerry Rhodes.  Many others did as well.  

Smith and Pryor absolutely sucked.  Adams was overrated and unlikable.  

Jim Leonhard was never hated here.  He was a fan favorite.  Victor Green was liked as well, at least until he signed with the Patriots in '02.

I like Rhodes too but didn't like some of his show boating tendencies. then there was one play. The play when he made a sack and there was a fumble.  He jumped up to dance and talk $hit and didn't notice the ball. When there was a melee for it behind him he turned to see but still didn't care. That was the end.  It was the end for Rex too. Rhodes was gone not long afterward. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  The @kevinc855 @bitonti @Defense Wins Championships brigade would be all over that sh*t.  

Instead we have a DWC thread about how having a QB is actually good.  lulz.  Ironic coming from the guy who thought Jamal Adams >>> Mahomes/Watson.

Bruh. Don't get me started on Jamal Adams. 

Because I can clearly post last year's top 5-10 defensive rankings and our 7 wins being led by our first All-Pro 1st team selection in Jamal Adams and then compare our awful Defense of 2020 who's absolutely fallen off a cliff since his departure. As a way of showing his true impact. 

But I rather not because as a fan I'm willing to move on and hope that JD can give us some awesome building blocks on offense around Trevor Lawrence with our two first round picks in return from Jamal Adams. 

And if JD does land us two A+ talents on offense with the Jamal picks; as a Jets fan and once Jamal Adams believer I can always credit Jamal's on field Pro Bowl and All Pro greatness for a haul in return (as I'm not the idiot who wanted to trade him to Dallas for 1 whopping 17th overall pick like you did and JD, didn't lol). 

In closing. Only a clueless Football fan would credit Seattle's Defense for being horrible when A.) Jamal has been banged up during a pandemic season and has only played what, 4 games?. B.) Seattle's defense was obviously so atrocious before Jamal's addition that Seattle was willing to give up two 1st's and a 3rd in order to begin attempting to fix it. C.) If JD has time to turn around our Jets offense then why doesn't Seattle's GM have time to actually build a Defense around Jamal with Wilson already a Franchise QB? D.) Hypocritical much? He just got there, genius! E.) Wait for the playoffs before you write off Jamal improving their Defense (moving forward) because postseason play is where stars like Jamal Adams are born. 

Be thankful you ever had a player of Jamal's caliber to return us a Khalil Mack type of haul due to Jamal's on field production as a JET!

Care to talk about our 2020 Jets defense that's fallen off an absolute cliff, or would that not fit your genius agenda? lol...

PS: I've had this user name around Jet boards since dating back to 2005-2006 and I'm ready for a change to make Football Great Again so the very moment we draft Trevor Lawrence? I will immediately create my new and improved OWC "OffenseWinsChampionships" user name for hopefully the next 15-20 years; and finally retire DWC (and admit Defense no longer Wins Championships anymore). 

And yes. If JD drafts two A+ offensive playmakers and overall game changers with the Jamal picks? Guys like you will never hear the end of it (from guys like me). 

Good enough response for you? Ok. Good. 

Damn do I already deeply miss our once tough, physical, aggressive, nasty and top tier Defense led by Jamal Adams; because they've fallen off a cliff without the heart and soul of our defense (#33) and Gregg Williams and Marcus Maye are both becoming exposed without him; we're now one of the worst Defenses in the league and it happened immediately following Jamal's departure. How many career INTs does your "Ball Hawking" Marcus Maye have? lol smh @ not drafting my FSU kid in Dalvin Cook over that soon to be 30 year old JAG Marcus Maye (who could never fetch us two 1st round picks) because he's just meh and his 2020 defense just goes to show how MEH he really is.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  And meanwhile that pro-Jamal crowd will come back in full force if/when Adams has a decent game, OR Douglas uses one of those Adams picks to take a player they don't like. 

He's sure to make a play in the Jets game, because everyone else has against the Jets, and that will be a loud moment for the Jamalbros too.

Or, Chris Herndon saves his career that day and is the AFC offensive player of the week.?

• Upvote 1