Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

Rhg1084

Depression?

Adam Gase will do that to you...

Jamal Adams says Adam Gase not the right leader for Jets

"I don't feel like he's the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land," Adams told the New York Daily News in an interview that was published Friday. "As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn't have a relationship with everybody in the building."

"At the end of the day, [Gase] doesn't address the team," Adams told the newspaper. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing s----y and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

Adams has used social media to complain about his contract situation and criticize the organization. On Wednesday, he lashed out at Johnson, tweeting, "We need the RIGHT people at the top. Wrong is wrong!"

If only Sam was more like Jamal Adams and less like Darnold and maybe just maybe Sam would have the heart and courage to expose Adam Gase instead of saying absolutely nothingness before being replaced by Trevor Lawrence (Sam is a coward rolling over playing dead like a sissy boy for Adam Gase ala no spine and no backbone). 

I bet Adam Gase is making Sam Darnold depressed too. 

So Jet fans now mad @ Jamal for having a hatred for Adam Gase? lol nothing worse than little hypocritical hypocrites; I respect Jamal for exposing Adam Gase (and wish Sam had the leadership within his DNA to do the same).  

For any of you who have watched many Seattle games, you know they are not going anywhere in the play- offs, let alone the Sb. The defense is simply awful vs the pass, and teams like bucs, rams , etc, have/will beat them. I’d take the under on hawks signing Adams. I know thats alot of egg on their face, giving up as much as they did, but committing 15 mill annually to this clown, is even worse!,

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If he does have depression then I apologize but..... I don't buy it. This guy is such a loser.

Has Adam Gase ever depressed you as a fan? 

Now imagine being a player and having to practically live with that prick Gase...

Don't be a hypocrite. 

Jamal Adams wanted to win. Adam Gase doesn't know how to win; and it sickened Jamal. 

It sickened C.J Mosley too. Mosley used "covid" as an excuse to quit on Adam Gase. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with 2020 Jets. 

I bet Darnold is becoming depressed having to deal with Gase everyday too (poor Sam). 

This guy is so incredibly transparent. Getting roasted for poor play this year and causing the team that traded for you to think twice about paying you? I know, let’s go on a podcast to change the narrative. Just trivialize a serious mental illness for your own gain and bash the Jets again. That’s sure to get some headlines and distract from the fact that you’ve been burnt to a crisp every time you’ve dropped back in coverage!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Literally never.

Because words mean things.  And battling depression does not mean the same thing as being sad or angry or frustrated or disappointed in a football team's performance.

I know this is difficult for you, but don't be an idiot and conflate the two.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I find Adams' statement that "they dont want to win" very believable.

Aside from the obvious organizational dysfunction, some of this falls on Sam Darnold too.

Darnold does not have the "refuse to accept losing" gene that QBs need.

The kid has no balls, and he seems to have quit.   Both on the Jets, and on himself.

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You know, the funny thing though... There's always posts here from people being like, "Jamal is gone, he can't hurt you anymore, stop talking about him."

Well, that's a ******* sword that cuts both ways.

This is purely more image management by Adams.  He's trying to sell the narrative that things were so bad with the Jets and for him here, that he just had to get out, rather than the narrative that he couldn't handle adversity or playing for a bad team, so he whined and complained like a child until he got his way.  Add that to the fact that if he keeps whining about the Jets, maybe no one will ask him why his defense is so incredibly bad, or why he can't cover anyone.

Well, I dont think he needs to sell anything.  There is no narrative.  The Jets are absolute trash.  All you need is a pulse to see the Jets are the worst run organization in the league.  How does Jamal Adams just stating the obvious hurt the Jets?  They're legitimately about to go 0-16.  

And I know I'm in the minority but if the Jets jerked his chain around on an extension (which it sounds like they did), I can understand being a disgruntled employee.  I dont respect Jamal.  I dont appreciate how he went about it but he got what he wanted in the end.  He's a bitch ass but he's not wrong about the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, I dont think he needs to sell anything.  There is no narrative.  The Jets are absolute trash.  All you need is a pulse to see the Jets are the worst run organization in the league.  How does Jamal Adams just stating the obvious hurt the Jets?  They're legitimately about to go 0-16.  

And I know I'm in the minority but if the Jets jerked his chain around on an extension (which it sounds like they did), I can understand being a disgruntled employee.  I dont respect Jamal.  I dont appreciate how he went about it but he got what he wanted in the end.  He's a bitch ass but he's not wrong about the Jets. 

Plenty of other guys are able to show up and play for a bad team.  Why can't he?  And I'm not saying he's wrong about the Jets, I'm saying that he's full of it re: "battling depression."

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s pretty much confirming here that he initiated the fact that he didn’t want to be here by his dad contacting his agent. Yet he acted appalled last year when Douglas took calls on him LOL 

Yet those of us who made this argument, that he was angrier about NOT being traded as opposed to Douglas merely taking calls, were called "conspiracy theorists" at the time.

@14 in Green

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Now imagine being a player and having to practically live with that prick Gase...

Don't be a hypocrite. 

Jamal Adams wanted to win. Adam Gase doesn't know how to win; and it sickened Jamal. 

It sickened C.J Mosley too. Mosley used "covid" as an excuse to quit on Adam Gase. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with 2020 Jets. 

I bet Darnold is becoming depressed having to deal with Gase everyday too (poor Sam). 

Exactly what @TeddEY said. Gase has frustrated me as a fan sure, but I don't have depression because of it. And an athlete making millions to play a game should not be complaining of depression because an organization sucks. I you hate it that much you privately and respectfully sit down with the owners and GM and ask for a trade.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Lol 90% of fans here agree with him but oh he jilted us so “EFF HIM!!!”

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

The irony of all the hate that fans have toward Jamal is he saying the same sh*t a lot of us on the board have been saying for years.  The Jets and the Johnson's literally dont give a **** about winning, like not at all.  It's not a priority.  It's not even a priority to be respectable.  The priority is profit and NY is full of suckers who pay good money to be miserable, so they're in the perfect market to achieve their goals. 

I get people have a problem with Jamal shooting his way out of town like a bitch but man, can you really blame him?  If I were in the NFL, I do everything in my power to never play a down in the NY Jets jersey.  Sucks because they're my favorite team but it's 100% true.  

That said, claiming depression?  What a bitch.

Just because its true doesn't mean Jamal Adams gets to be the one to say it.  We didn't hear such complaints from the likes of Steve McLendon on his way out the door, and he had every reason to be unhappy here. 

The Jets put Jamal Adams in a position to succeed here, and now he gets to ride the coattails of a playoff team with an elite QB.  He hasn't gotten paid yet, sure, but that's his own fault.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Plenty of other guys are able to show up and play for a bad team.  Why can't he?  And I'm not saying he's wrong about the Jets, I'm saying that he's full of it re: "battling depression."

I agree he's full it and its disgusting that he claimed depression but I dont blame him for wanting out.  I know everyone thinks Jamal sucks around here but that feeling is very exclusive to this fanbase and 99% of this roster cant shoot their way out successfully.  Jamal knew he could because he's thought of as a Superstar around the league.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

I agree he's full it and its disgusting that he claimed depression but I dont blame him for wanting out.  I know everyone thinks Jamal sucks around here but that feeling is very exclusive to this fanbase and 99% of this roster cant shoot their way out successfully.  Jamal knew he could because he's thought of as a Superstar around the league.  

The irony is that he looks a lot less like a superstar now that he's on a good team.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You know, the funny thing though... There's always posts here from people being like, "Jamal is gone, he can't hurt you anymore, stop talking about him."

Well, that's a ******* sword that cuts both ways.

This is purely more image management by Adams.  He's trying to sell the narrative that things were so bad with the Jets and for him here, that he just had to get out, rather than the narrative that he couldn't handle adversity or playing for a bad team, so he whined and complained like a child until he got his way.  Add that to the fact that if he keeps whining about the Jets, maybe no one will ask him why his defense is so incredibly bad, or why he can't cover anyone.

The Jets ruined him, that's why he can't stop talking about them!

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

He wanted out, he got out.  It's over as far as he should be concerned.  Why bring up the Jets in Week 11 of a season where his team is pushing for the playoffs?  

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because its true doesn't mean Jamal Adams gets to be the one to say it.  We didn't hear such complaints from the likes of Steve McLendon on his way out the door, and he had every reason to be unhappy here. 

The Jets put Jamal Adams in a position to succeed here, and now he gets to ride the coattails of a playoff team with an elite QB.  He hasn't gotten paid yet, sure, but that's his own fault.

I happen to respect people who tell the truth. Facts > feelings. 

Engaging in a personal assassination because you don't like what someone has to say is one of the best predictors of personal and professional failure.