3. OLB / Edge Carlos Bashman 

3. NT / DT Tedarrel Slaton

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

6. OLB / Edge Joshua Kaindoh 

Thoughts: 

Still would have potential holes in terms of pass rush, but this would solidify our offensive line, secondary, skilled offensive weapons, and give Lawrence a nice group of WR's to throw [Robinson, Mims, Perrimen, and Crowder]. I think it will all come down to coaching - but if we get Thuney, I think we could have top 5 offensive line unit in NFL. 

• Upvote 1

McDougall has been a bust, but you never know.

I think it is time to move on from jenkins.   He has 2 sacks this year and has been a total non factor.

Would be surprised but every happy  if we managed that FA haul.

No olineman in the draft is a total non starter for me re the draft.

I like etienne and we do need a top end corner so i am not going to go ballistic of that early Cb pick.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

WR Breshad Perriman [1-Year Deal] 

SS Bradley McDougal [1-Year Deal] 

ILB Neville Hewitt [2-Year Deal] 

CB Brian Poole [3-Year Deal] 

OLB Jordan Jenkins [3-Year Deal]

FS Marcus Maye [4-Year Deal]  

Trade: 

QB Sam Darnold to Atlanta Falcons for 2021 3rd Round Pick

Free Agency: 

WR Allen Robinson [4-Year Deal] 

CB William Jackson [3-Year Deal] 

OG Joe Thuney [4-Year Deal] 

OLB / Edge Matthew Judon [3-Year Deal] 

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence 

1. CB Jaycee Horn

2. RB Travis Etienne 

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

Thoughts: 

Still would have potential holes in terms of pass rush, but this would solidify our offensive line, secondary, skilled offensive weapons, and give Lawrence a nice group of WR's to throw [Robinson, Mims, Perrimen, and Crowder]. I think it will all come down to coaching - but if we get Thuney, I think we could have top 5 offensive line unit in NFL. 

not so bad.  i think i wouldn't re-sign macdougald or even jenkins.  the other free agents are pretty solid. i don't think i'd use the 2nd round for a running back.  i like going for a corner with the second first rounder.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

this is ideal?

37 minutes ago, mattyb143224 said:

Free Agency: 

This is good.

39 minutes ago, mattyb143224 said:

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence 

1. CB Jaycee Horn

2. RB Travis Etienne 

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

If you are going in Free Agency to sign a CB, I dont agree you spend the 2nd 1st round pick on defense you either draft a C or a G to protect your new QB. Either Humphrey or Slater or White.  The 2nd round pick will be your other EDGE or CB, I would be ok with that if Chris Olave and Anthony Schwartz are gone. Boogie Basham is not lasting until the 3rd round. 

No need to draft a DL player at this point. It is not urgent. What is urgent is to give weapons to the new QB. Draft a TE such as Brevin Jordan. 

The last pick should be used to draft a K. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

this is ideal?

This is good.

If you are going in Free Agency to sign a CB, I dont agree you spend the 2nd 1st round pick on defense you either draft a C or a G to protect your new QB. Either Humphrey or Slater or White.  The 2nd round pick will be your other EDGE or CB, I would be ok with that if Chris Olave and Anthony Schwartz are gone. Boogie Basham is not lasting until the 3rd round. 

No need to draft a DL player at this point. It is not urgent. What is urgent is to give weapons to the new QB. Draft a TE such as Brevin Jordan. 

The last pick should be used to draft a K. 

I keep seeing people say give your quarterback weapons and then they say pass on Etiene as if he was just some average running back.   Have you seen this guy?   He is a dual threat as a runner and receiver and had an incredible career playing with TL.   This draft needs to be about the offense.  No defensive player taken before the third round.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

Trade: 

Free Agency: 

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence 

1. CB Jaycee Horn

2. RB Travis Etienne 

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

Thoughts: 

WIth respect, there is so much I don't like and would not do here. 

First.. Not on OL in the draft is a bad idea. 

2. A DT in this draft is a bad idea

3. The Jets FA you want to keep are all gone except Maye and maybe Pool. And they should be. The main reason is that they are not good.  If Jenkins wants to take another $3.5 mil per for 2 yrs deal, maybe. And Hewitt is a backup. Macdougld will go and he should. 

3. I'd prefer Godwin, but Robinson would be nice. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

WR Breshad Perriman [1-Year Deal]   Ok

SS Bradley McDougal [1-Year Deal]   Hell NO

ILB Neville Hewitt [2-Year Deal]   Ok

CB Brian Poole [3-Year Deal]   Yes

OLB Jordan Jenkins [3-Year Deal]   Nah.  We need to upgrade the LB's

FS Marcus Maye [4-Year Deal]  Hell No. Will cost a  fortune.

Trade: 

QB Sam Darnold to Atlanta Falcons for 2021 3rd Round Pick    Ok

Free Agency: 

WR Allen Robinson [4-Year Deal]  or Godwin or JuJu     Hell Yes. Trevor needs a top flight vet WR.

CB William Jackson [3-Year Deal]    Nah  

OG Joe Thuney [4-Year Deal]    Nah  Would cost a fortune

OLB / Edge Matthew Judon [3-Year Deal]   Nah. Has not really impressed 

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence      Eureka

1. CB Jaycee Horn     Hell Yes

2. RB Travis Etienne     No   to early to take a RB

3. OLB / Edge Carlos Bashman    Will be gone

3. NT / DT Tedarrel Slaton     Nah. DL is our strength

3.  WR Tylan Wallace     Nah    

4. CB Rodarius Williams     Nah

5. TE Tre McKitty    Nah

5. WR Reggie Roberson    Nah

6. OLB / Edge Joshua Kaindoh    Hell YES

Thoughts: 

This draft is deep in OL. We can actually draft 3 very good OL - RT, G, C and still get a quality WR, CB and edge. And have a good amount of cash to get some medium talent in FA to improve the overall roster.   

14 hours ago, mattyb143224 said:

Remarks entered on OP

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I keep seeing people say give your quarterback weapons and then they say pass on Etiene as if he was just some average running back.   Have you seen this guy?   He is a dual threat as a runner and receiver and had an incredible career playing with TL.   This draft needs to be about the offense.  No defensive player taken before the third round.

Notice that I said: get your other edge or cb if two WRs are gone. I don't think Etienne gets past pick 20.

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

3. The Jets FA you want to keep are all gone except Maye and maybe Pool. And they should be. The main reason is that they are not good.  If Jenkins wants to take another $3.5 mil per for 2 yrs deal, maybe. And Hewitt is a backup. Macdougld will go and he should. 

You da man BEAN....

I want to see 2 OL in the draft and pretty high. I need the best center in the country for this to be a successful draft after TL. Then I want to see a top 3 guard, or RT unless Thuney signs with us, and then I might think he'll cost to much to get the next line.

Either Shuster/Godwin/Robinson will work.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Etienne hates cold weather. Actually said it playing in like 40 degrees. 
But, I think Etienne is very similar to Edgerin James & that would be awesome!

18 hours ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

Trade: 

Free Agency: 

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence 

1. CB Jaycee Horn

2. RB Travis Etienne 

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

Thoughts: 

I like the free agent signings....I just do not see how this fixes the OL issues.  We need to spend at least 2 draft picks there.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

Trade: 

Free Agency: 

Draft: 

1. QB Trevor Lawrence 

1. CB Jaycee Horn

2. RB Travis Etienne 

3.  WR Tylan Wallace 

4. CB Rodarius Williams 

5. TE Tre McKitty 

5. WR Reggie Roberson 

Thoughts: 

We would still need more offensive lineman.  I do like how the new defensive line is coming along

On 12/17/2020 at 2:16 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I would keep Perriman.  He has played quite well.  Hewitt is great depth, as long as he is played and paid that way.  Pat Elfein should be brought back.  IF we could get Thuney, then we would need a Center.  I am not understanding a lot of people's position on George Fant.  He has been fine.  If he was the weak link next year, that to me would be just fine.

I understand why everyone is talking Etienne, but ask yourself this: Would you rather draft Etienne with the 25th pick, or go with Carlos Basham Jr. there at a MUCh area of need, and go with a RB in the 3rd?  Is there REALLY going to be that big of a drop-off, if the OL is improved, between Etienne and say Najee Harris, Kenny Gaithwell, Chuba Hubbard, Javonte Williams, Zamar White, Kylin Hill?  I personally would go the Basham direction.  

There will also be a TON of cap casualties next year, and some F/A prices might come down, considering nobody can afford to hand anyone ridiculous money when there is $20 odd million being taken from the cupboard.  

• Upvote 1

You're resigning a CB, signing a CB, and drafting two more CBs, but are only signing one OL? Same at Edge, signing one and drafting two more? 

I'm a guy who wants them to pay attention to the defense, and really have no problem taking a CB as high as the second first rounder if that's the BAP there. I like it a lot better than a RB at the top of the second. But the OL needs significantly more attention. I wouldn't even think about RB until the second third rounder, at the earliest. Much rather have one of the Alabama WRs in the top three. The OL needs to be hit in the first three rounds and then again later. 

I don't think we can think too much about our free agents until we know who the new coach and DC are.  What are they going to be looking for?  Guys like Jenkins and Macdougald have been quality players in the league for years.  If they are a fit, fine.  They certainly should be cheap enough.  There are other guys that we can cut, but may or may not keep - Crowder, Fant, Lewis all can stay or go depending on if they fit the new guy.  If we were to hire a guy who wants to run a D like Rex we will absolutely have to spend on corners, but some of these guys can get away with cheaper. 

As for the OP, that is 4 fairly high level FAs.  I think it is more likely that we end up with 2. 

9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

i think once the team is more established and the oline play is consistent then they can go for a really good running back in the draft.

14 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I saw no O-line in the draft and refused to read any further.  Are you f'ing kidding me...I don't care if we sign Thuney....haven't we learned anything over the last 5+ years????

Seriously. This looks like another Macc draft. I don't care who we sign in free agency we still need to rebuild this o line for the future not just patch it up with vets.

15 minutes ago, slats said:

You're resigning a CB, signing a CB, and drafting two more CBs, but are only signing one OL? Same at Edge, signing one and drafting two more? 

I'm a guy who wants them to pay attention to the defense, and really have no problem taking a CB as high as the second first rounder if that's the BAP there. I like it a lot better than a RB at the top of the second. But the OL needs significantly more attention. I wouldn't even think about RB until the second third rounder, at the earliest. Much rather have one of the Alabama WRs in the top three. The OL needs to be hit in the first three rounds and then again later. 

imo yes and no about the oline.  i think the main issue with the guys they have is lack of playing time.  whether it's this whole lost year or injuries, or even qb play, these guys would look a whole lot better if they were able to play together for a whole training camp and season.

i think the whole notion of drafting one or two oline players this draft is highly dependent on clark being able to fill a spot.

10 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

You da man BEAN....

I want to see 2 OL in the draft and pretty high. I need the best center in the country for this to be a successful draft after TL. Then I want to see a top 3 guard, or RT unless Thuney signs with us, and then I might think he'll cost to much to get the next line.

Either Shuster/Godwin/Robinson will work.

In truth I don't love Ju Ju for some reason. I feel like he will be the next guy to leave Pitt and lose some of that dominance.  They have a really good receiver system there and seem to filter through them with ease.  I wouldn't be devastated if we signed him but I'd be nervous. Robinson or Godwin, or even Golloday would be preferred for me. 

But the OL is a priority. JD did a great job with Becton and it's a shame we haven't seen Clark. I really liked him coming out and thought he'd be playing by now and playing well.  With all of our OL injuries and difficulties it's a concern he hasn't played yet.  But I still like him. 

That said, I think th value at Center is Linderbaum from Iowa. Looks like a stud we can probably grab in the 3rd or 4th. But I'm with ya. We need at least 2 OL from the draft and Thuney in FA. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would keep Perriman.  He has played quite well.  Hewitt is great depth, as long as he is played and paid that way.  Pat Elfein should be brought back.  IF we could get Thuney, then we would need a Center.  I am not understanding a lot of people's position on George Fant.  He has been fine.  If he was the week link next year, that to me would be just fine.

I understand why everyone is talking Etienne, but ask yourself this: Would you rather draft Etienne with the 25th pick, or go with Carlos Basham Jr. there at a MUCh area of need, and go with a RB in the 3rd?  Is there REALLY going to be that big of a drop-off, if the OL is improved, between Etienne and say Najee Harris, Kenny Gaithwell, Chuba Hubbard, Javonte Williams, Zamar White, Kylin Hill?  I personally would go the Basham direction.  

There will also be a TON of cap casualties next year, and some F/A prices might come down, considering nobody can afford to hand anyone ridiculous money when there is $20 odd million being taken from the cupboard.  

Well said. i think we are positioned quite well for the craziness that will be this offseason. It is set up to be the oddest FA period we've ever seen and JD is one of a handful of teams that have money.  It will be intersting to see if players try to get 1 year contracts with the hope that the cap will go back up in a year or 2. 

I'm 100% with you on the RB vs edge bit. I would prefer Patrick Jones or maybe Aiden Hutchinson but the point is still the same.  I don't think there is a concern for JD to go RB at 25. Maybe 33 if Ettiene or Harris are there he'd have to consider it. I teeter back and forth but I think I like Harris more.  Still I think JD knows that there are greater needs than RB that high. OL, WR Edge, and even TE or CB there would make more sense. 

It will be really interesting to see what we can get done before the draft so we can really see what we need there.  It's the year of the edge rusher imo.  FINALLY!