Mims

kmnj

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

The hype was massive on him and berrios has been more productive this season- this is a fact 

Hope year two is better than year one

rookie wrs have been killing it all year and some with trash qbs too- Higgins another td from his qb3 

I am not giving up on him by any means but those that keep pumping up joe d and his draft - only one of his picks has been producing and that was his first pick

Mims has shown flashes. He has the goods, but I was very disappointed he didn't win that 50/50 pass from Dar old yesterday. That is a pass your WR needs to highpoint and win. He is bigger than Ward and another player was talking about his catch radius this week at how big it is. Where was that catch radius during the game? 

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol not to be an excuse maker for him cause he was a ghost today.(no pun intended) — but this is kind of ridiculous & sounds uninformed. This is a player who had zero rookie minicamp reps, zero training camp reps, barely any practice time for the majority of the year, zero meaningful snaps for the majority of the year, a trash bin for a QB throwing to him, zero offensive threats to take pressure off him and a terrible coach calling terrible plays. 

Everything considered - he’s been solid for what he has done. Btw.. the Braxton Berrios thing is odd.

OK, wait a minute, what is this zero offensive threat thing. He is part of that zero. Nobody is shifting coverage to his side of the field as they would for Hopkins or Metcalf. 

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He's drawing the #1 cornerbacks of good defenses lately, that's a part of it, but not the whole story.

Gotta be honest, I really don't like the way Mims takes his 1st step off the line.  Look I'm not a true expert but I played WR in high school so I have a rudimentary idea of how technique at that position works and the first step just looks awkward.  His technique looks all off there and it seems to cost him a lot of potential burst, which can be the difference in the NFL.  Shawn Jefferson should have been working on this with him.  Once he gets going he's fine but he needs max efficiency out of his routes.

Really. I actually had no idea about this. You mean Gase also can't coach WRs? 

8 hours ago, thshadow said:

On the plays that I was paying attention, Darnold never seemed to even look over at Mims' side of the field.  I must have missed some, but it didn't seem like he was the first read very often...

This is typical for Gase. He is and always has leaned on older players. Gore is a shining example. He doesn't develop young players

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is typical for Gase. He is and always has leaned on older players. Gore is a shining example. He doesn't develop young players

His offense is probably one of the worst for a receiver like Mims.  If you’re a slot receiver it’s great, but as an X receiver you are a forgotten man.   

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

there was some stats 40+ yds fist 5 starts or some such, short list Mims was on it

Sam is a game manager who is in love with Crowder crosses at 5 yds deep. 48 for 576 @ 63%

Robby is doing the same in Caro...has 85 catches and 1017  yds @ 71%

Sam is a WR nightmare.

So you really think Gase is scheming the same kind of plays for Crowder as Rhule is for Anderson? I mean seriously. I saw Crowder running crosses yesterday and he was bracketed on all of them. The Browns saw Sam use short passes all day against the Rams and they made an effort to take that away. I'm not defending Darnold performance yesterday or during the year, I don't think we should invest in him long term but this comparison is redic. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We needs thread to cry about every single person on the 53-man roster one at a time, as well as the coaches, the scouts, the marketing team, and Fireman Ed.

I like alternating from Darnold sucks to a WR sucks back to Darnold sucks and then back to a WR sucks......because theyre unrelated, lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

Sam doesn’t look for mims, only crowder. Mims was more productive with flacco in who would at least take a couple shots downfield in his direction.

Yes, but It's also obvious Gase is not running plays where Mims is the primary receiver. That should have changed, especially in this game. Mims was being single covered and Crowder was doubled most of the day. 

8 hours ago, thshadow said:

On the plays that I was paying attention, Darnold never seemed to even look over at Mims' side of the field.  I must have missed some, but it didn't seem like he was the first read very often...

The slot WR is the 1st read in Gase offense. In 2017 while in Miami Jarvis Landry had 112 catches. He was the offense! Just like Crowder is here. Gase couldn't hold Kyle Shanahans playbook, or understand it. 

Hes going where football is going! As long as we have owners spewing this type of nonsense to the press for us to read, even with Joe Douglas here, this teams spinning its wheels. 

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes, but It's also obvious Gase is not running plays where Mims is the primary receiver. That should have changed, especially in this game. Mims was being single covered and Crowder was doubled most of the day. 

He was never open cowbell. Darnold threw his way a few times and he was being smothered by Ward. If Darnold was intercepted, everybody would be yelling about Darnolds bad decisions

9 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Mims is a rookie. This Jets are historically bad and the coach is worse.

He’s shown plenty of promise and isa valuable piece of our future.

What’s not to like?

Dude has zero production and zero tds and is not getting off the line - with his speed he should be open often and he is not - qb throws to who is open 

I hope he is not d smith the second 

this being a crazy year most will look past his terrible production but year two I hope he shows more 

rookie wr are tearing up the league and some with trash qbs too

I hope mims is the real deal but all year folks have been hyping him with no results 

folks view berrios as trash and he still finds his way into the end zone 

• Thumb Down 2

Jesus man. Jets fans on JN are insufferable.

Not sure which is worse, the JN posts or the actual new york Jets.

Mims is a rookie with no camp, a shi$T coaching staff, a soft game manager for QB against a good CB.

Berrios is a back up slot WR. 

What the hell are you even talking about?

• Upvote 1

It really is disappointing to see a receiver such as Mims being used so little. I would chalk it up to two reasons:

Injuries - he got in late

coaching - Mims getting only 2 targets is unacceptable. That's on the coaching staff.

The new staff needs to focus their attention on creating chemistry. Part of that is having talent.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Dude has zero production and zero tds and is not getting off the line - with his speed he should be open often and he is not - qb throws to who is open 

I hope he is not d smith the second 

this being a crazy year most will look past his terrible production but year two I hope he shows more 

rookie wr are tearing up the league and some with trash qbs too

I hope mims is the real deal but all year folks have been hyping him with no results 

folks view berrios as trash and he still finds his way into the end zone 

Facts are facts. Im not saying he's a bust,(way, way, to early). It is disturbing that he hasn't won on any of those contested catches he was supposed to be so good at. 

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

It really is disappointing to see a receiver such as Mims being used so little. I would chalk it up to two reasons:

Injuries - he got in late

coaching - Mims getting only 2 targets is unacceptable. That's on the coaching staff.

The new staff needs to focus their attention on creating chemistry. Part of that is having talent.

He wasn't open. If he was he would have been targeted more. If Darnold was intercepted forcing the ball his way, we'd never hear the end of it.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

Mims is a rookie with no camp, a shi$T coaching staff, a soft game manager for QB against a good CB.

god forbid we expect results for a wr all year fans were hyping like the second coming of al toon(some even made that insane comparison here)

all other rookie wrs had no camp-some with sh*tty qbs and on sh*tty teams and many are tearing up the league.

Mims production has been zero this year 22 catches- as parcells says you are what your numbers say you are.

freaking higgins with a qb3 put up one day yesterday 9 catches near 100 yards and a td 

If folks on here did not hype of mims and joe d picking him every week I would be more tolerable of his terrible production

Berrios has been more productive than mims -he actually has gotten in the end zone and I dont see ANYBODY singing his praises

• Upvote 1

I actually feel bad for Mims as the massive over hyping that has gone on with him all year has led to some folks like me calling out the fact that he has not been productive at all

I personally have great hope for the kid. I hope he develops bigly year two. I also have been around the block many times with the Jets and can still see the hype d smith s hill got and never did sh*t. It is not to say Mims will be busts like them but he certainly has not exploded out of the gate like a guy like un drafted wayne chrebet as an example who had a trash qb and a trash coach

• Upvote 1

OP with his weekly Berrios > Mims post. Yay.

Mims is going to be okay. He’s actually going to be pretty good. It’s why opposing teams put their Ramsays and Wards up against him. That’s part of it. Being a rookie and clearly not in sync with Darnold is also a part of it as well. It’s also criminal that Gase doesn’t scheme to get the ball in Denzel’s hands but can feed Gore 15 times a game.

speaking of scheming- Gase definitely did for Berrios with that WR screen and the trick play TD.  I’d be surprised if any Jets fan didn’t like Braxton - he’s a nice bottom of the depth chart guy with speed and reliable hands.. but to claim he’s better than Mims is trolling at best and idiocy at worst.

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Well perhaps marginally more relevant than threads crying every day about how  ‘we should’ve picked Mahomes/Watson/DK Metcalf etc etc’ or how it’s all still Macccagnan’s fault....or what Jamal Adams said on twitter yesterday

Mims production is a valid point, Joe Douglas performance and culpability in this sh!tshow is a valid point

No it isn’t, really. 

We, as fans and humans, struggle mightily with the notions of cause and effect, as week as sum of the parts. As such, we try WAY too hard to itemize blame.

There really is no way to fracture all of the accountability into pieces and then discern who is most deserving. So the idea of creating bee threads constantly for new people to blame as though it’s an “AHA!” moment that’ll solve the whole puzzle is about as absurd as it gets.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:02 PM, kmnj said:

The hype was massive on him and berrios has been more productive this season- this is a fact 

Hope year two is better than year one

rookie wrs have been killing it all year and some with trash qbs too- Higgins another td from his qb3 

I am not giving up on him by any means but those that keep pumping up joe d and his draft - only one of his picks has been producing and that was his first pick

I cannot disagree with you more strongly!!

His lack of proper use is another BIG reason why Gase cannot remain as the HC of the NY Jets. 

I said it before the draft, during the draft and even now that this young man is going to prove he was the best  in the class and why the Jets got a steal in Mims when he dropped to us. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

The fanbase is envious of all those high-performing rookie receivers. Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins, Claypool, Aiyuk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No it isn’t, really. 

We, as fans and humans, struggle mightily with the notions of cause and effect, as week as sum of the parts. As such, we try WAY too hard to itemize blame.

There really is no way to fracture all of the accountability into pieces and then discern who is most deserving. So the idea of creating bee threads constantly for new people to blame as though it’s an “AHA!” moment that’ll solve the whole puzzle is about as absurd as it gets.

While I disagree with your first assertion I absolutely agree with your subsequent points.

We do indeed struggle to understand the complexity that is how our football team can be so bad and what will make it better, the itemisation of blame is a natural human response but utterly counterproductive, and I’ll be honest I’ve found myself falling down that rabbit hole a few times myself despite knowing it to be futile....none of us has the answer, not even those who get paid to get this right.

That puzzle You talk of is almost unsolvable but there’s no trouble, in my view, of legitimate discussion of the merits of an individual performer on our team.

I certainly feel there’s more validity in that than the interminable harping on about Maccagnan, or Jamal Adams or Mahomes or any other factor that is no longer a direct influence in how our future can be better. 

it’s a team game, so many parts have to work in harmony and a huge factor in all of it is fortune(had Mo Lewis not knocked Drew Bledsoe out who knows where the NFL would’ve been the last 20 years) so with that in mind your point about fracturing accountability and apportioning blame or deservedness for all our troubles is spot on.

I just wish more of what I read about the Jets understood this as well

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a reason he dropped so much.  There's a reason JD was willing to trade out when he could have taken him.

Not saying he can't end up being a good NFL receiver but right now there is absolutely reason for concern.

He had been real good when he had played.  Yesterday was his first rough game but you gotta give credit to who was covering him who is a good corner.  Keep in mi f he had only played half the season.  His numbers are pretty good.  Problem is you never look at the whole picture and factor in everything 

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

there was some stats 40+ yds fist 5 starts or some such, short list Mims was on it

Sam is a game manager who is in love with Crowder crosses at 5 yds deep. 48 for 576 @ 63%

Robby is doing the same in Caro...has 85 catches and 1017  yds @ 71%

Sam is a WR nightmare.

Crowder has missed 4 games this season

Yes, Anderson has more catches and yards this season but just 3 TDs w/11.5 yards per catch.  With the Jets he avg 6 TDs and 15+ yards a catch. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan1986 said:

He had been real good when he had played.  Yesterday was his first rough game but you gotta give credit to who was covering him who is a good corner.  Keep in mi f he had only played half the season.  His numbers are pretty good.  Problem is you never look at the whole picture and factor in everything 

zero tds and never had a game over 75 yards with 5 under 50 yards 2 under 20 yards

he has 22 catches all season

Jet fans keep hyping all of our players when we have a bottom roster in the NFL 

he has not had one real good game which would be 100 yards and a td

we need to cut perriman 

bring in arob or godwin

keep crowder mims and arob /godwin

if mims cant produce next year then it is time to be very concerned

• Thumb Down 1