Mims

kmnj

The hype was massive on him and berrios has been more productive this season- this is a fact 

Hope year two is better than year one

rookie wrs have been killing it all year and some with trash qbs too- Higgins another td from his qb3 

I am not giving up on him by any means but those that keep pumping up joe d and his draft - only one of his picks has been producing and that was his first pick

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 18
  • Haha 1

Lol not to be an excuse maker for him cause he was a ghost today.(no pun intended) — but this is kind of ridiculous & sounds uninformed. This is a player who had zero rookie minicamp reps, zero training camp reps, barely any practice time for the majority of the year, zero meaningful snaps for the majority of the year, a trash bin for a QB throwing to him, zero offensive threats to take pressure off him and a terrible coach calling terrible plays. 

Everything considered - he’s been solid for what he has done. Btw.. the Braxton Berrios thing is odd.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

He's drawing the #1 cornerbacks of good defenses lately, that's a part of it, but not the whole story.

Gotta be honest, I really don't like the way Mims takes his 1st step off the line.  Look I'm not a true expert but I played WR in high school so I have a rudimentary idea of how technique at that position works and the first step just looks awkward.  His technique looks all off there and it seems to cost him a lot of potential burst, which can be the difference in the NFL.  Shawn Jefferson should have been working on this with him.  Once he gets going he's fine but he needs max efficiency out of his routes.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The hype was massive on him and berrios has been more productive this season- this is a fact 

rookie wrs have been killing it all year and some with trash qbs too- Higgins another td from his qb3 

I am not giving up on him by any means but those that keep pumping up joe d and his draft - only one of his picks has been producing and that was his first pick

Translation: Darnold SUCKS

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:
  • “ Look I'm not a true expert but I played WR in high school”

no offense but I am still laughing. “ I know I haven’t run a country yet but I was the student treasurer of my 8th grade class”.  

our board is the best.  Mims suck.  Base sucks.   Darnold sucks.   Who can tell amongst so much suckitude.  

Please show me where in my post I said Mims sucks you halfwit.  I actually said it's a technique thing that is pretty coachable.  I'm not writing the kid off, but it looks like a pretty costly flaw in his technique right now, I saw it on his college tape and I still see it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Mims missed half the season. no training camp. Darnold sucks. What do you expect. Showed some signs of his potential. Sign Allen Robinson. This is a must to take pressure off of Mims.  New coaching staff, Wilson at QB and he's ready to rock.

Wilson to Mims on the deep ball would make me rock...hard that is

• Haha 2

Mims was covered by Denzel Ward. Very good cover corner. Unless he was getting wide open why force feed him - it would probably lead to a Sammy D mistake.  Throw to the open receiver - Crowder and Herndon today. Yeah they should of got Mims on the board but we are dealing with Gase here. Cant expect much at all  out of this coach. 

• Upvote 1

He has the excuse of not having a camp while being a pretty raw prospect to begin with. Also playing with one of the worst QB's in the league.

There are some concerning signs. He's going to need to be more dominant in term of getting in position to catch passes because he looks utterly incapable of getting separation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

there was some stats 40+ yds fist 5 starts or some such, short list Mims was on it

Sam is a game manager who is in love with Crowder crosses at 5 yds deep. 48 for 576 @ 63%

Robby is doing the same in Caro...has 85 catches and 1017  yds @ 71%

Sam is a WR nightmare.

Lol there gonna ignore this . Because it doesn't fit Sam’s list of excuses. Its funny how he didn't have separation issues with flacco.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

Actually Mann and Hall have been good starters.

If I were Denzel, I would watch film of Davante Adams everyday this offseason.   Mims needs to emulate how Adams gets off the line, Mims isn’t winning off the line and it’s a big reason he’s not creating a ton of separation.  Adams is a master at this, Mims just needs a ton of reps, hopefully he can remain healthy next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We needs thread to cry about every single person on the 53-man roster one at a time, as well as the coaches, the scouts, the marketing team, and Fireman Ed.

Well perhaps marginally more relevant than threads crying every day about how  ‘we should’ve picked Mahomes/Watson/DK Metcalf etc etc’ or how it’s all still Macccagnan’s fault....or what Jamal Adams said on twitter yesterday

Mims production is a valid point, Joe Douglas performance and culpability in this sh!tshow is a valid point

Mims is being given a lot of benefit of doubt that probably wouldn’t be afforded other players, his season was ruined early and there are legit reasons to be patient, he’s shown flashes of potential but that’s all. 

He needs a full offseason and to steer clear of the injuries and as with everyone a better supporting cast around him, had we kept Robby and added Perriman we’d have had a deeper group and he’d be drawing lesser coverage but at the moment one of the reasons he’s barely targeted is because he’s not getting open.

He’s not unique in that though

8 hours ago, JetsFan1986 said:

What a ridiculous thread.  Mims has been a bright spot.  He missed time due to injury and for a family emergency. When He has played he has done very well considering he has t had many targets thrown to him 

22 catches 242 yards and a no TD's...is not a bright spot.  If fact it's quiet the opposite, it's very concerning.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a reason he dropped so much.  There's a reason JD was willing to trade out when he could have taken him.

Not saying he can't end up being a good NFL receiver but right now there is absolutely reason for concern.

He showed much, much better with Flacco at QB, which is actually very much a positive.