Arthur Smith coming In Tonight

21 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He’s a very good coach and I love the way the Titans play football - by far my favorite offense to watch. I’m not sure what his energy is like but that’s what gives Saleh the edge for me

He is a chillaxed kind of guy so that would lead most to believe he is not a fit for New York.  I do not agree with that, his game planning skills are exceptional and players love to play for him.  If he is paired with Marvin Lewis and a titans assistant that would a good hire...like former Jet WR and current WR coach Rob Moore!

Arthur Smith will bond with Blank and sign with the Falcons.  

He will see their ownership as being more competent, and he can stay in the South.  

I think if Saleh gets a fair offer from the Chargers he will take it.  But they are also cheap.  

I think the Jets are going to get the leftovers.  

Just now, varjet said:

He will see their ownership as being more competent, and he can stay in the South.  

I think if Saleh gets a fair offer from the Chargers he will take it.  But they are also cheap.  

image.thumb.png.073bdc583d7d6c3500ab6449dbcb9728.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Whats interesting is we don’t here anything  about the Jets bringing anyone else in.... seems odd after the back to back smith and saleh visits. My guess is they are currently in negotiations with one or both... If not, by tomorrow am, we should hear of any upcoming visits..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Whats interesting is we don’t here anything  about the Jets bringing anyone else in.... seems odd after the back to back smith and saleh visits. My guess is they are currently in negotiations with one or both... If not, by tomorrow am, we should hear of any upcoming visits..

Or no more visits until after this weekend's games are over (coaches from the losing teams)

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

This just goes with how much fans love fire-and-brimstone coaches, yet that is not always the right fit. Fans want fire. Often, players like calm. 

There’s a Sports Science episode on this topic. They have basketball players shooting free throws with the two coaching styles as the only variable.

It turns out to be a coin flip. Half of the players respond better to an aggressive/demanding coaching style; half respond better to passive/supportive  coaching style. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Hmm leftovers like daboll, joe Brady, Staley and wink?  Pretty tasty if you ask me. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Dominoes starting to fall?

Making me slightly nervous. I don't want the Hapsburg heir, so I don't care what Atlanta does... but the dominoes are falling.

But clearly the Chargers are a good job with Herbert at the helm and a fairly talented defense... when healthy (lookin' at you Bosa and Derwin).

And the Lions are Saleh's hometown team.

I'm getting paranoid visions of Marvin Lewis coaching and drafting five techniques in the first round.

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Making me slightly nervous. I don't want the Hapsburg heir, so I don't care what Atlanta does... but the dominoes are falling.

But clearly the Chargers are a good job with Herbert at the helm and a fairly talented defense... when healthy (lookin' at you Bosa and Derwin).

And the Lions are Saleh's hometown team.

I'm getting paranoid visions of Marvin Lewis coaching and drafting five techniques in the first round.

I think the Chargers and Daboll is all but official at this point.

Detroit is the wildcard.  I know they were high on Smith as well.  The local media there seems to believe that they are high on Lewis themselves, along with Staley so where they decide to pivot after Smith will be huge for our search.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would be super happy if Smith went to Atlanta. Feels like Adam Gase II. 

This is a weird thing to read when the whole draw of Arthur Smith as a candidate is that he was able to resurrect the career of Ryan Tannehill, a QB who struggled to find consistency with Adam Gase.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think the Chargers and Daboll is all but official at this point.

Detroit is the wildcard.  I know they were high on Smith as well.  The local media there seems to believe that they are high on Lewis themselves, along with Staley so where they decide to pivot after Smith will be huge for our search.

Who cares who the F they hire now!

AHHHH!

• Haha 1