Saleh press conference link

QB1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHHAHHHAHAHAHA.  This is almost as funny as your pic of darnold holding a lombardi trophy.  keep living in fantasy land dude.

there have been reports from everywhere, our entire coaching staff is on record loving Darnold, our GM has repeatedly said he loves Darnold...which one of us is in fantasy land? do you need to be kicked in the head to wake up? lol

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

not a real fire and brimstone guy

seems cool, calm, collected and can get passionate and spirited where needed but, this ain't Rex Ryan.

he's steady and stable, if not mostly understated, if you ask me.

Wait until you see him on the field though.

Press conference, suit and tie, video call, calm, collected, measured.

Football field, Sunday, heat, fire, brimstone..... when needed.

There is something to be said for understated passion.  The loudest guy in the room isn't always the most passionate.

This dude is gonna bring it!  I'm telling you.  It may not be loud and fiery all the time, but it will be there.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

there have been reports from everywhere, our entire coaching staff is on record loving Darnold, our GM has repeatedly said he loves Darnold...which one of us is in fantasy land? do you need to be kicked in the head to wake up? lol

Kliff Kingsbury loved Josh Rosen until April rolled around. 

We'll see what happens. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

these coaching intro pressers are always kind of weird. football coaches are still coaches, they would all rather wear sweat pants have a whistle and show you rather than tell you. you could tell Saleh was nervous...but again...i only care how he does between the lines and the locker room.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You don't tell people that your Toyota Camry is making noises and drives like sh*t when you're just about to put it up for sale.

That said, let's see if the Jets take their Camry to the mechanic (LaFleur) rather than sell it.

The Jets tipped their hand in neither direction today.

the jets will never come out and commit to anything, nor will any other team unless its obvious. you never want to push yourself into the corner, it serves no purpose. the conversations with the players have been had...i am sure everyone knows whats what.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Kliff Kingsbury loved Josh Rosen until April rolled around. 

We'll see what happens. 

yeah there is a difference. Kingsburry was on record saying he would have taken Murray with the first pick if he had one.

i think the Jets would have to take Lawrence even if they loved Darnold because at that talent level and with the cap reset....you had to. They are not doing that for Zack ******* Wilson or Justin Fields. Zack Wilsons toughest opponent last year were the COASTAL CAROLINACHANTICLEERS...a game which they lost.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

All in all I think a very good day for the Jets. Saleh comes across as a guy that is passionate, willing to listen and can adjust his temperment based on who he is talking to. That will be critical when it comes to recruiting talent to the team. He also gives the impression day one he is in charge of his staff without pounding that message to you. 

Woody's back and Chris will do something else - that is probably a wash.

We didn't hire Dan Campbell.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

yeah there is a difference. Kingsburry was on record saying he would have taken Murray with the first pick if he had one.

i think the Jets would have to take Lawrence even if they loved Darnold because at that talent level and with the cap reset....you had to. They are not doing that for Zack ******* Wilson or Justin Fields. Zack Wilsons toughest opponent last year were the COASTAL CAROLINACHANTICLEERS...a game which they lost.

True, but again, Kingsbury also said "Josh is our guy" less than two months before the draft. 

Saleh said no such thing about Darnold today. He could have said "Sam is our starter for now" or "Sam is our guy for now" or something like that. He said nothing of the sort. 

From reading your posts, you seem to have a lot personally invested in Sam being the starter here. I tend to think you are setting yourself up for disappointment, but like I said, we'll see what happens. 

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I'd say it's the one that has the worst QB in the NFL holding a championship trophy.

I'd say odds are better that Sam Darnold never starts another game then that he wins a championship.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There is something to be said for understated passion.  The loudest guy in the room isn't always the most passionate.

This dude is gonna bring it!  I'm telling you.  It may not be loud and fiery all the time, but it will be there.

Guy has 7 kids...seems he’s heat and fire and brings it all the time

23 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Jenae asked the Watson question to JD. The obvious answer , we can't answer that .

What was your mindset going into the process?

What's the message to the team?

How frustrating was it lose out on Trevor Lawrence?

These are other questions I assume she asked.

1 minute ago, ToonforPrez said:

Darnold is as good as gone anyone who thinks otherwise is juts fooling themselves.

well he hasnt trashed the team or cause headaches, the team has given him headaches, thats the difference. Also he is a QB , an important position, not a safety. He also doenst want to be over paid like that safety wanted. 

So yeah no, it is very different. You can hate sam and even argue that he is not good, despite it being a gase problem not sam problem, but for you to say he is good as gone is not true.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I got all that...I've seen the videos. I got it.  He's the man.  Run through a wall for him.

In the meantime, his press conference was none too special...

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True, but again, Kingsbury also said "Josh is our guy" less than two months before the draft. 

Saleh said no such thing about Darnold today. He could have said "Sam is our starter for now" or "Sam is our guy for now" or something like that. He said nothing of the sort. 

From reading your posts, you seem to have a lot personally invested in Sam being the starter here. I tend to think you are setting yourself up for disappointment, but like I said, we'll see what happens. 

Rosen's problems went beyond football skills. Giving up on a QB after his rookie year speaks to tbat.. No

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh is a straight shooter that is what i saw .......