Zach Wilson Video

12 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hes a one year wonder.  (Last year he had 11td 9 int) Never threw the ball under pressure because he was playing behind the 2nd best oline in all of college football. And he never faced any real competition. 

Quick, off the top of your head what was his best game? Was it when he beat navy? Or western Kentucky? Maybe northern alabama?

To be fair, people asked the same things about Josh Allen. Even pointed out that in   his one "true test" his Sr year, think it was against Iowa, he was terrible.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I support Zach wilson for sure, but comparing his size to Mr. Glass isnt going to convince anyone of anything. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pennington, whose career was ruined by injuries? That Pennington?

I took the point to be that Pennington was well built and got injured anyway, FWIW.

• Upvote 2

I suspect by the time the draft rolls around Wilson is going to be viewed as 1b to Lawrence as opposed to this Lawrence and then there’s everyone else view that is being floated out there. Dude can play.

My only two concerns are his medicals and his character. If either of those don’t hold up during scouting and medical review process, we have to pass on him even if he has a ton of talent.

I prefer videos from guys that show the full film instead of highlights though. But we should be getting more of those as the off-season progress.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, flgreen said:

When it comes to Apri 29, IMO Wison will be the 2nd QB off the board.  I hope it's the Jets that take him. 

People are worried about his size, and that's legit, but keep in mind that Pennington was 6'3" 230#

worrying about his size is comical. Dude will add weights and get stronger in nfl training programs. But in league where your barely able to breath on the QB. I have less concerns about his health. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Look guys.

This kid is the real deal.  Not sure why the disdain with so many around here...but there's very little not to like.

We should be very excited that he's going to end up being our QB - with a LaFleur raising him, in the Shanahan system.

Dude he's got such a slight frame and he literally looks like Howdy Doody!

He definitely has talent and he's smoking the competition at that particular level. Will that translate to the NFL?

He looks like he's 12 years old will we ever be able to grow a beard? He looks like he'll be cold LOL. My dude is like 190 lb.

He's a little more athletic than Sam, and obviously throws a better intermediate to deep ball. I dropped a few jokes in there but in all seriousness if Ben Roethlisberger or Josh Allen are the perfect body type for playing in the Northeast cold weather ,this kid is anything but that.

That's my only concern.

I will say that I like Fields and Wilson better than Lawrence as far as arm strength.

When I check these guys out I picture them as the starting QB in a Jets uniform. The kid plays great but will he be able to take hits? How about that injury history?

• Upvote 1

Really believe he is the guy especially since he is like the perfect fit for the WC offense.

Medicals are key but I assume they come back clean.

Just seems the perfect marriage for me. New coach, new rookie QB. New scheme.

I do not want to give up huge draft capital for Watson. What happens when don't win right away here?

Draft Wilson. Use our picks to surround him with better OL and weapons.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

He definitely has talent and he's smoking the competition at that particular level. Will that translate to the NFL?

He looks like he's 12 years old will we ever be able to grow a beard? He looks like he'll be cold LOL. My dude is like 190 lb.

He's a little more athletic than Sam, and obviously throws a better intermediate to deep ball. I dropped a few jokes in there but in all seriousness if Ben Roethlisberger or Josh Allen are the perfect body type for playing in the Northeast cold weather ,this kid is anything but that.

That's my only concern.

I will say that I like Fields and Wilson better than Lawrence as far as arm strength.

When I check these guys out I picture them as the starting QB in a Jets uniform. The kid plays great but will he be able to take hits? How about that injury history?

He looks bigger Russell and Murray to me eyes by quite a bit. He has a proportional body and does not stand very upright. When I watch him I see Rodgers. His release is so fast. This team actually ran a 15 yard out from the far hash to the boundary because he has an absolute rocket. Won't do that in the NFL but just an example of how live his arm is.

5 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

That's my only concern.

So, and maybe I'm reading this wrong but -  you believe he has all the talent but your big knock on him is he wont look good in a uniform and that his face it too young looking? Therefor I'm crazy for liking him.  

And people wonder why Jet fans are often considered a joke.

6'3", 210 is not frail....For sure he could be bigger but he can put on weight and in today's NFL if he's smart he'll be fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So, and maybe I'm reading this wrong but -  you believe he has all the talent but your big knock on him is he wont look good in a uniform and that his face it too young looking? Therefor I'm crazy for liking him.  

And people wonder why Jet fans are often considered a joke.

6'3", 210 is not frail....For sure he could be bigger but he can put on weight and in today's NFL if he's smart he'll be fine.

No dude I clearly said I was cracking jokes! But he is not 6 '3", 210.

He's more like 6'1" 190.

If the kid can play he can play I agree with that. I'm just concerned about him getting broken in half.

Let's take Mike Tyson as an example. In his prime he fought at about 218lb and he's five foot eleven. He had to get down to that weight. His hands, his head, his feet, his thighs are huge. He is a brick sh*thouse.

Zach Wilson doesn't have the type of frame that can add a lot of bulk. When it's cold outside in the Northeast and he's taking hits from 300 lb d-lineman.

There's a lot of time between now and the draft and I do like the way Wilson plays. I will continue to watch film there's a lot to assess. There's also the Sam darnold potential trade there's also the potential trade for Deshaun Watson. There's also the possibility of a quarterback competition in Camp.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hes a one year wonder.  (Last year he had 11td 9 int) Never threw the ball under pressure because he was playing behind the 2nd best oline in all of college football. And he never faced any real competition. 

Quick, off the top of your head what was his best game? Was it when he beat navy? Or western Kentucky? Maybe northern alabama?

He can throw deep accurate balls. He is mobile and has awareness. My concern is, can he take a hit?