Would you rather have Stafford, Darnold or a rookie QB?

Bronx

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Just in case the whole Watson thing falls off.

By the way, Stafford is the safest option but too costly for a short term. I think Zach Wilson will be it.

Depends....Moving from 7 to 2 and guaranteeing you a rookie replacement seems to be fair.  They are not going to get much for him, because teams know he is due $10 5 days into the start of the new season.  They will wait for him to be released.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's not selling me on Stafford.

It should.  Top 15 QB who throws 4,000 yards a year and has a career 90.0 QB rating with two years of control left in his contract.  Still have enough ammo to get a QB this year and let them sit for a year and learn.

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It should.  Top 15 QB who throws 4,000 yards a year and has a career 90.0 QB rating with two years of control left in his contract.  Still have enough ammo to get a QB this year and let them sit for a year and learn.

How many playoff games has he won?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Why would someone try and convince you of something that isn't true?

Stafford clearly isn't an elite QB, i.e. top 5 or top 10.

He's a solid 10-15 type.  2nd tier.

That would be several tiers higher than the level of QB play we'd have for the past 20 years or so.

I appreciate fans see things as all or nothing, but there are several gradations between G.O.A.T. and a goat.

Stafford is upper middle class.  He's not upper class (a la Mahomes).  He's not middle class or lower class (a la Darnold).

Mahomes is jeff bezos

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Well, that was my initial suggestion, but the point that Skeet was making was that if you trade for Stafford then he's the unquestioned starter for 3 years and you're not drafting a QB just to sit or 3 years.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It kinda does

Nevermind the fact Tampa bay hasnt made the playoffs in 13 seasons and the first season brady comes they make the SB.

Yup, that was definitely a great argument to make for QBs not being the most important aspect in wins and losses. 

Stafford on the bucs dont even make the playoffs.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, that was my initial suggestion, but the point that Skeet was making was that if you trade for Stafford then he's the unquestioned starter for 3 years and you're not drafting a QB just to sit or 3 years.

I don't think that has to be the case.  Stafford is under contract for three more years, and cuttable at any time.  You can still use a draft pick to have a QB sit behind him for a year. 

stafford has 3 seasons left on his his contract and two of those are for big money.  but not really big money like watson would want or mahommes is getting.  the jets could trade for stafford and then use a high draft pick for his hare apparent maybe two or three seasons down the road.  and if wilson grades out that highly then you can basically keep him on the bench for two seasons.  or maybe they trade back and grab mac jones or some other qb.  the thing is stafford would give them a solid qb and buy time to develop the next guy.  and , in 3 years, it's not likely he'd be shot so maybe re-sign for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Wilson

Stafford

Fields

Sam

Sorry but what I saw this year from Sam made me think of all the bone head things I saw from him at USC. He has not improved anywhere. I dont see any progression. I get that Gase was a huge idiot but I have not seen anything remotely resembling a franchise QB. 

We have to move on and let Saleh have his own QB. Watson, Wilson, or Stafford. 

LL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Latinlawyer said:

Wilson

Stafford

Fields

Sam

Sorry but what I saw this year from Sam made me think of all the bone head things I saw from him at USC. He has not improved anywhere. I dont see any progression. I get that Gase was a huge idiot but I have not seen anything remotely resembling a franchise QB. 

We have to move on and let Saleh have his own QB. Watson, Wilson, or Stafford. 

LL

He hasn’t gotten better but has steadily regressed. He looks totally lost, disinterested and disgusted. Give us all a break and trade him. It’s best for all.