2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Dude they were just 80 million under now 50 million under both way under the floor 

What's your explanation? They are really spendy owners they just forgot where they left the check book? 

I had a suggestion (not sure how realistic it is) that Woody may not have converted his Euros back to US Dollars when he returned from England.   That could be the hold up, but maybe I'm reaching though...

season 1 friends GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That 50 million does not factor in Lawson or rookies. 

Realistically the number is 24mil or so.

The difference between the cap ceiling and the cap floor is about 12 mil in this scenario the owners pocket 8 figures of labor expenses and call it profit 

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm putting out odds....why not?

1. Jets draft a QB at #2 - 75%

2. Jets trade Sam Darnold - 50%

3. Jets draft a QB at #2 and keep Sam Darnold - 30%

4. Jets trade for Watson - 10%

Lol where is the odds the Jets keep Darnold and don’t use any high picks on QBs? That seems like the most likely scenario to me.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People need to quit trying to pump up the value of a trade by inserting jamal adams into it.  The Jets utterly fleeced Seattle in that deal.  Look at the potential resources now.

#2 and #23 overall this year.

Now what could the picks be next year?  Plausible that they could both be top 10 picks.  Seattle with or without Wilson are due for a fall.  The Jets are still a ways away talent wise from making noise.

Could very well be. Look at their division, for starters. Rams have Stafford, Cards just got AJ Green and JJ Watt, and the Niners will be healthy again, and probably dump Garoppolo.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Gotcha. 

I watched YouTubes on their respective 2020 seasons, and I gotta say, Corey Davis comes across as being much bigger than 205, I’d guess he’s at least 215.  

To me, he is our X. 

It sounds funny to say for a WR but he almost plays with a mean streak. Very aggressive and quick to use his strength to fight off bump and run coverage and position on 50/50 balls. High points very well but his strength and effort is what his playing style centers around so I agree with you, he’s definitely our X.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I had a suggestion (not sure how realistic it is) that Woody may not have converted his Euros back to US Dollars when he returned from England.   That could be the hold up, but maybe I'm reaching though...

season 1 friends GIF

Maybe it was the expense of changing the uniforms from classic to garbage that ate the extra money 

CJs passion project 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They're not 50mil under.

That number doesn't include Lawson.  Or of course rookie signings.

It's more like 24 million free right now.

Yesterday Davis,Davis,Lawson signed they were around $51 million under then they signed Hardee. 

NY Jets had $51.826 million in cap space left after signing Davis,Davis,Lawson. 

Way more than $24 million under. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And here we have the definitive difference in being a fan and a general manager who has to run a organization. 

You act as if that trade leaves them with no picks. They'd still have their second round pick and third rounders.

Oh and they also get a sure thing at QB rather than hoping Mormon Timberlake's senior year wasn't a fluke. Or better yet, close your eyes and pretend Sam is secretly good at football.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Lol where is the odds the Jets keep Darnold and don’t use any high picks on QBs? That seems like the most likely scenario to me.

Seriously 

I wish the bookies would offer 99-1 on darnold starting according to this guy it's not even a possibility 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Last season I thought we played the entire season 2nd in the NFL to cap space available 

I hate defending the Johnsons but they have agreed to eat more bad contracts, and  spent 100's of millions on free agents in recent years as much as any club. 

Now, they didn't spend that money smartly, but they spent.  If they truly want to cheap out, there are ways to do it. That has not been the Johnsons. They just bad people in charge of their pocke book.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It's two firsts and the picks we got in the Jamal trade. So it's two firsts and Jamal.

Make that trade now, and send Woody's plane to rescue Deshaun from Jonestown.

Lmaoo “you can’t say it’s it 2 first and Jamal even though we got 2 1st for Jamal” - WTF is up with the logic around here 

image.jpeg.131063e31ba4558456a6b563afbf31a3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

The difference between the cap ceiling and the cap floor is about 12 mil in this scenario the owners pocket 8 figures of labor expenses and call it profit 

I'm saying the Jets had 68 million in cap space after Maye.

(Roughly)

Lawson: 15 mil.

Davis1: 5.5 mil.

Davis2: 13 mil.

That special teamer:  ? 3mil?

Rookies:  12.5 mil.

68 - 15 - 5.5 - 13 - 3 - 12.5 = 19 million free

Actually lower than I thought.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

What's the best Carolina can offer?

And will a Jets offer of:  both 1sts this year, and a 1st n 2nd next year beat their offer?

They can make the picks work, just go out a bit further. Where they can kill us is if Houston, as reported, wants defensive players. Just look at their draft from last year, for starters.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

I'll play along, NE has the 15th spot in the first round.  With all 5 QB's
potentially going in the top 10 they are going to have a hard time bidding
against other teams to move up for Jones.  How in the world are they going
to get Watson???  Supposedly HOU would want from us three #1's and Quinnen
Williams, what in the world could NE offer HOU???

Exclusive rights to Bob Kraft's day spa  ? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

You act as if that trade leaves them with no picks. They'd still have their second round pick and third rounders.

Oh and they also get a sure thing at QB rather than hoping Mormon Timberlake's senior year wasn't a fluke. Or better yet, close your eyes and pretend Sam is secretly good at football.

lol mormon timberlake... hey there's nothing wrong with wanting him and being OK with paying 4 first round picks. As a fan, that's an opinion you're welcome to have... I personally couldn't think of a more reckless desperate move. I think the reality is more aligned with my assessment than the grieving fan who is tired of waiting. I get it, but yea...

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It sounds funny to say for a WR but he almost plays with a mean streak. Very aggressive and quick to use his strength to fight off bump and run coverage and position on 50/50 balls. High points very well but his strength and effort is what his playing style centers around so I agree with you, he’s definitely our X.

This is what I see in their build/playing styles. 

Mims: Chad OchoCinco

Davis: Jordan Matthews