2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

I think it can only mean 1 of 2 things:

a) We're asking for more than teams are willing to give up

b) We're saying he's not available yet

Let's not forget that it has been reported more than a few times that the Jets have hinted that they were going to take their time in deciding on whether or not to trade Darnold.  Part of the holdup would be needing time to evaluate the QB prospects in this year's draft with the new staff.

I could be dead wrong but I don't see a decision (trade) on Darnold coming until after Pro Days and interviews are over and maybe not until draft night.

Washington latest dumb organization to get tricked into signing Fitzgarbage

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

I think it can only mean 1 of 2 things:

a) We're asking for more than teams are willing to give up

b) We're saying he's not available yet

Let's not forget that it has been reported more than a few times that the Jets have hinted that they were going to take their time in deciding on whether or not to trade Darnold.  Part of the holdup would be needing time to evaluate the QB prospects in this year's draft with the new staff.

I could be dead wrong but I don't see a decision (trade) on Darnold coming until after Pro Days and interviews are over and maybe not until draft night.

No apparently it means we are keeping Darnold according to most here, even though WAS has Fitz and a decent backup better than a project Darnold that you have to give up draft picks to get. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This would be an expensive gamble especially if we get a couple of more wins than this past season.  We could be looking at losing all our 1st round picks just to move up enough to be in position to grab a top QB.

Meh

Maybe

I’m personally not head over heels for Wilson or Fields like a lot of the fanbase is.

No one was even mentioning Wilson in the 1st round conversation back in September/October and now they’re trying to convince me that he’s on par or even better than Trevor Lawrence. I’m not buying it.

If the Jets end up drafting Wilson/Fields then I’ll root for them to be awesome. I’m just not sold and I’d still prefer to see how Darnold fares with competent coaching, an offense tailor made to his strengths and not having scrubs like Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios playing pivotal roles.

• Upvote 3

Hey if we keep Sam then we definitely have the opportunity to significantly improve through the draft. 
I would trade down with Atlanta at #4.  Then flop picks with Cincy at #5  so they can secure Sewell, and then one more drop with Carolina.      Fantasy deal but why not shoot for the stars.
Better hope our scout team is on point though.

If he keeps Sam (by far my least favorite scenario), this needs to be the plan. Trade down 2 or 3 times and just stockpile picks.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

Maybe

I’m personally not head over heels for Wilson or Fields like a lot of the fanbase is.

No one was even mentioning Wilson in the 1st round conversation back in September/October and now they’re trying to convince me that he’s on par or even better than Trevor Lawrence. I’m not buying it.

If the Jets end up drafting Wilson/Fields then I’ll root for them to be awesome. I’m just not sold and I’d still prefer to see how Darnold fares with competent coaching, an offense tailor made to his strengths and not having scrubs like Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios playing pivotal roles.

This is definitely a route they could be going.  Especially if there's no one left to trade for Darnold.  If the Patsies think they can win with Cam by loading up, maybe Douglas might be thinking the same thing.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This is definitely a route they could be going.  Especially if there's no one left to trade for Darnold.  If the Patsies think they can win with Cam by loading up, maybe Douglas might be thinking the same thing.

Not trading Sam doesn’t mean we don’t draft a new QB.

Sam effectively is a 1-year cheap veteran stopgap.

• Upvote 1

“ Just listening to Toucher and Rich and Toucher said “He knows Darnold will be traded but the problem is the Jets asking price is too high as of right now and no team has met that yet” and he said he knows what the Jets are asking for but didn’t state it and then said “They will likely come down from that price” 

- I take this with a grain coming from NE radio but that’s what was said “

I wrote this a couple days ago, this is most likely what the Darnold tweet is about 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Sounds like we’re keeping him unless some team blows Douglas away with an offer.

Fine by me

Hopefully we can trade down with Carolina for #8, #39 and their 1st rounder next year.

Draft Slater or Pitts at #8

And if Darnold falls on his face with an improved supporting cast this season, then you’re sitting pretty with three 1st round picks next offseason to make a move for a QB. Be it through the draft or for a guy like Watson if Houston doesn’t trade him within the next 6 weeks.

except you're not sitting pretty at all - we would have to burn more assets and the QBs are not at this year's level - all bad. If we keep Sam he has to be the guy long term. None of this 'give him a year' hooey. We are in a good position this year to grab a QB. You think Carolina is happy they are at #8 and have to hope someone will let them trade all their top assets for the next two years to move up?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, chrisfaceoff said:

The fact that dingleberry can’t even find a suitable clip from anything passed 2013-15(and there was only like 2 in there at that)  should tell you all that you need to know about this franchise. 

He hates the stupid new uniforms.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not trading Sam doesn’t mean we don’t draft a new QB.

Sam effectively is a 1-year cheap veteran stopgap.

Hasn't it been consistently reported that the Jets are not trading Sam until the pro days of Wilson and Fields? So why is it news that they haven't traded him. They aren't done evaluating the QBs yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

It would also piss Becton off and create a potential mess down the line. For someone who played so well so quickly, I wouldn’t want to do that. 

if Trent wanted to play RT?  Sign me up, but I’m not diving into something that can cause a mess with one of only a handful that is worth it when it comes to taking care of our own talent when the time comes.

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, Joe Douglas seems like exactly the kind of guy who would spend $80M on a 30-something year old veteran and move his first ever Draft pick to the opposite side of the Line.

Is there a better way to improve the line through free agency at this point?  Most of the reporting was that Thuney was Douglas's primary free agent target, but couldn't compete with the prospect of playing in front of the best player in football.  Williams is 32, but he sat out a season with the Redskins and was one of the best LT's in the league last year, and he wouldn't be getting much more than Thuney got to play guard.  I didn't say the move was likely to happen, but it would drastically improve the line through free agency heading into next season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Hasn't it been consistently reported that the Jets are not trading Sam until the pro days of Wilson and Fields? So why is it news that they haven't traded him. They aren't done evaluating the QBs yet.

Yes. I don’t know. 

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

except you're not sitting pretty at all - we would have to burn more assets and the QBs are not at this year's level - all bad. If we keep Sam he has to be the guy long term. None of this 'give him a year' hooey. We are in a good position this year to grab a QB. You think Carolina is happy they are at #8 and have to hope someone will let them trade all their top assets for the next two years to move up?

We really have no clue about the QB’s next year.

This time last year no one even knew who the hell Zach Wilson was outside of the BYU fanbase.

It’s entirely within the realm of possibility that one or more of Howell, Slovis, Rattler, etc have a monster 2021.

It’s also entirely possible that someone previously thought of as a 3rd/4th round pick has a big year and vaults to the top of the draft ala Baker Mayfield/Zach Wilson.

And again, if the Texans don’t trade Watson by April 29th...then the Jets would have hands down, far and away the greatest trade package to offer Houston between May and next offseason.

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

No they’re jumping out the window at the opportunity to mortgage their future for an unproven rookie, just like we will be next year. 

Genius team building strat if I do say so myself  ????

Just now, chad2coles said:

Is there a better way to improve the line through free agency at this point?  Most of the reporting was that Thuney was Douglas's primary free agent target, but couldn't compete with the prospect of playing in front of the best player in football.  Williams is 32, but he sat out a season with the Redskins and was one of the best LT's in the league last year, and he wouldn't be getting much more than Thuney got to play guard.  I didn't say the move was likely to happen, but it would drastically improve the line through free agency heading into next season.

The NY Jets have a LT his name is Mikah Becton. 

No to moving Becton. 

No to signing 32 year old OL for big money. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

The fact that dingleberry can’t even find a suitable clip from anything passed 2013-15(and there was only like 2 in there at that)  should tell you all that you need to know about this franchise. 

Can we ask Biden to make Woody the ambassador to Lichtenstein?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

The 49ers have offered Trent Williams $80M over 4 years, no reporting on bonus structure.  If Douglas signed him to that contract and moved Becton to RT, it's probably a bigger improvement on the line than signing Joe Thuney.  Cutting Fant and Lewis would cover close to $13M of Williams' 1st year.

I was liking the idea of Williams but that's just too much money.