Sam Darnold's WRs in 2020 (analysis of snaps)

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This would be a fascinating take if Sam Darnold wasn't bad the previous two years, and in his final season at USC.

Guys, seriously, it's okay to acknowledge that the guy who's played bad for four years, is in fact, bad.  Even if that's upsetting.

giphy (41).gif

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

At some point, you gotta realize the guy isn't 'the guy'.

In addition - I think he'll be back next year and he'll start week 1! I believe they will draft the QB they like the most #2 OVR, let Darnold start, go to the rookie around week 8/whenever they think he's ready, then let Darnold walk in the offseason by declining his option.

I don't see them taking a QB at 2 without trading Sam, but I will sign for almost any scenario in which Sam isn't the unquestioned starter here next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetsQuebec said:

Sign Curtis Samuel

if we trade down, draft Chase

if not, draft Rashod Bateman at 23

Crowder, Mims, Samuel, Bateman!!! I really like this tandem 

why would we want another trash WR - C samuel? we already have enough of those.

Crowder is your first listed WR? He is so bad that he has been made the the possesion WR...he is trash too.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

One game.  

Everyone keeps saying that off of the Pats game, a horrendous D that had a bad night.  Forget the shut out and 25 or so QBrating before that though

Plus that was the game Gilmore missed. Yea, he was also out the last game of the year but everyone had already packed their lockers up by then. 

• Upvote 1

there's passing yardage and there's passing yardage.  true darnold will need to have a better yards per game average but he doesn't need to be one of those guys who throw for over 300 yards per game.  watson was nearly 300 and it got the texans to 4 wins.  winston was well over 300 yards per game it got him launched.  look at how marino used to carve up defenses with his passing.  the thing is passing too much means they aren't holding onto the ball enough so the other team can tire out the defense.  it would be much better for a darnold team to have a good run attack to keep the chains moving and sell the play action passes.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Crowder is your first listed WR? He is so bad that he has been made the the possesion WR...he is trash too.

Curtis Samuel a trash wr ?? Are you serious ? This guy is the most underrated at wr position for FA

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Right, then Darnold would have approached 40 TDs with that built in WR excuse. Sure.

It’s not an apples to apples comparison with the Saints. Not even close, really.

You cherry picked  one detail and ignored Sean Payton, Alvin Kamara and a top 10 offensive line.

Compare that with Adam Gase, 37 year old Frank Gore and a bottom 3 offensive line. 

8 hours ago, genot said:

He threw for 205 yds against LAC. Wow. We scored 10 points against Arizona. Got shutout by Miami. The offense looked better the last two games he started. Not much of a sample size. You know, something can be said about experience. Flacco been in the league 9 years longer than Sam. When he was drafted by the Ravens they actually had something called a QB coach. Jim Zorn. Isn't that interesting

There are countless breakdowns when Sam had Mims and Crowder and Permian and two of them were wide open and Sam held the ball and checked down. His field vision was terrible. The film doesn’t lie. He is just reluctant to drive the ball down the field and his vision is below average. He even got hurt on one of those plays. It’s time to start fresh at the QB position. Watson or Wilson will be significantly better.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It’s not an apples to apples comparison with the Saints. Not even close, really.

You cherry picked  one detail and ignored Sean Payton, Alvin Kamara and a top 10 offensive line.

Compare that with Adam Gase, 37 year old Frank Gore and a bottom 3 offensive line. 

Since the thread was about WRs, I looked for a team that had WR issues. Also 5 of those 38 TDs involved Kamara.

I look at it this way: Matt Leinart would have sucked on the 2020 Jets. He also sucked throwing to two superstar WRs, even though his numbers were better than they’d have been on the 2020 Jets.

Gase sucking doesn’t therefore mean Darnold is an acceptable starting QB who’ll lead the Jets to the SB in Gase’s absence.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Since the thread was about WRs, I looked for a team that had WR issues. Also 5 of those 38 TDs involved Kamara.

I look at it this way: Matt Leinart would have sucked on the 2020 Jets. He also sucked throwing to two superstar WRs, even though his numbers were better than they’d have been on the 2020 Jets.

Gase sucking doesn’t therefore mean Darnold is an acceptable starting QB who’ll lead the Jets to the SB in Gase’s absence.

I get that you technically addressed the specific issue of the thread. 

I get that Darnold has not played well, especially in 2020. 

But the thread that ties both of those together, and the one I think needs to be thought about from an organizational standpoint is: how do we build a team that can develop a quarterback on their rookie deal.

That's going to require significant upgrades across the entirety of the offense. And it very well might be the smart move to pass on a quarterback this year and build a situation where we can legitimately expect a quarterback to be successful... even if it means keeping Darnold for one more year in the process.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm going to cherry-pick here.  Not even pretending to hide that fact.  But let's do it anyway.

Sam's last 5 games.  89/146 (61%) with 6 TDs and 3 INTs and 193.2 Y/G avg.

Flacco started 4 games and threw 2 passes in a 5th.  74/134 (55.2%) with 6 TDs and 3 INTs and 172.8 Y/G avg.

Now those numbers aren't great in any case.  But the real problem appears when you see the Y/A in the low 6's and Y/G in the high 100s for both of them, and that *may* speak as much about the team, the system and the coaching as about the QBs.  All of those factors were bad.  Really, really bad.  It's not like Flacco succeeded where Sam failed, despite the attempts at that narrative from some.  

But FWIW, those last 5 games of Sam's were better than Joe's efforts and in fact, weren't nearly as horrible as the first few were.   Still not even league average but there's context.

Could Sam, with better talent around him, operating with a real system, a real coaching staff, and with the benefit of a QB coach, improve those numbers?  Could he complete 65% (up from 61%)?  Could he throw for 7 Y/A and 250 yards/game?  Can he throw 2 TDs per game?  With all of those improvements and a real preseason?  Maybe.  But it's a scenario that I am okay with JD and RS weighing and not one I am comfortable blindly writing off because of emotions. 

Sam is an asset of the team.  JD and RS are paid to evaluate those assets and determine if they give the team the best chance to succeed in the context of everything else that happens if we retain him versus if we replace him.  There is no crystal ball and no certainty around this.  I root for the laundry.  So if they say it's Sam next year, I root for him to succeed.

Darnold always has these spans where he doesn't play bad every season which gives hope to people. He then manages to revert into a Piñata whenever pressure is re-applied or over 3 weeks have passed. 

Darnold played poorly. The WRs played poorly too (except for crowder). That is a lethal combination.

When Darnold wasn’t failing to see open receivers or throwing not so accurate passes to them (mostly a product of holding the ball too long), he was making the occasional wow! pass that real good receivers catch, but his receivers just couldn’t come dowm with.

Bottom line is that Darnold didn’t help his receivers and they didn’t help him. That’s how bad teams roll.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Hard to throw to a wr running s drag to the left sideline while you’re rolling to the right sideline.

He was open before Darnold even fully bailed, could've still hit him. That's even disregarding the dismal pick.

19 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I get that you technically addressed the specific issue of the thread. 

I get that Darnold has not played well, especially in 2020. 

But the thread that ties both of those together, and the one I think needs to be thought about from an organizational standpoint is: how do we build a team that can develop a quarterback on their rookie deal.

That's going to require significant upgrades across the entirety of the offense. And it very well might be the smart move to pass on a quarterback this year and build a situation where we can legitimately expect a quarterback to be successful... even if it means keeping Darnold for one more year in the process.

The purpose of drafting Darnold was that he was expected to be a polished, ready-now QB who could/should have put up serious passing numbers as a rookie and then built upon it. He was not the extreme-ceiling guy you draft but needed to slowly shape from an unmolded block of clay. Those prospects from his class were Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. Darnold did not and does not have their ceilings.

The problems are that (as a prospect) he didn’t hold up his end of the tradeoff: he wasn’t instantly good, and didn’t then get even better (if not sharply better) in year 2. You have a WR he’s comfortable with and then you see he’s an 1100-yard WR after Darnold (and was on pace for being that before Darnold, until Petty had to step in for McCown). Worse still, Bridgewater & McCown are not WR-kingmaker QBs themselves. With Darnold, he’s not even an 800-yard receiver.

He was billed as a guy who was already largely developed, and NOT the raw question mark passer from his draft class. Whatever coaching or surrounding cast upgrades he lacked, that is not an excuse for: all the times he’s visibly feeling pressure that isn’t there; not sensing pressure that is; not throwing the ball to open WRs directly in his line of sight; and with or without pressure the panic chucks up into double or triple coverage. When so many plays go as drawn up, and he’s throwing off target or not throwing it at all, it doesn’t matter the names of the coaches or teammates: that’s a QB problem.

He was drafted because he was supposed to be the “it” prospect. If he is or possesses “it” he’s done a masterful job of masquerading his top 5 talent as Mark Sanchez without Super Bowl roster around him. And with just one more year left under his rookie contract, he’s hardly earned the investment of another football season. Three years is enough. If we can truly get a 1st rounder, then take it and be thankful for another gift. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The purpose of drafting Darnold was that he was expected to be a polished, ready-now QB who could/should have put up serious passing numbers as a rookie and then built upon it. He was not the extreme-ceiling guy you draft but needed to slowly shape from an unmolded block of clay. Those prospects from his class were Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. Darnold did not and does not have their ceilings.

The problems are that (as a prospect) he didn’t hold up his end of the tradeoff: he wasn’t instantly good, and didn’t then get even better (if not sharply better) in year 2. You have a WR he’s comfortable with and then you see he’s an 1100-yard WR after Darnold (and was on pace for being that before Darnold, until Petty had to step in for McCown). Worse still, Bridgewater & McCown are not WR-kingmaker QBs themselves. With Darnold, he’s not even an 800-yard receiver.

He was billed as a guy who was already largely developed, and NOT the raw question mark passer from his draft class. Whatever coaching or surrounding cast upgrades he lacked, that is not an excuse for: all the times he’s visibly feeling pressure that isn’t there; not sensing pressure that is; not throwing the ball to open WRs directly in his line of sight; and with or without pressure the panic chucks up into double or triple coverage. When so many plays go as drawn up, and he’s throwing off target or not throwing it at all, it doesn’t matter the names of the coaches or teammates: that’s a QB problem.

He was drafted because he was supposed to be the “it” prospect. If he is or possesses “it” he’s done a masterful job of masquerading his top 5 talent as Mark Sanchez without Super Bowl roster around him. And with just one more year left under his rookie contract, he’s hardly earned the investment of another football season. Three years is enough. If we can truly get a 1st rounder, then take it and be thankful for another gift. 

The larger point of this thread is that this offensive roster, whether we include the quarterback or not, sucks, and it has sucked for three years. 

The coaching/scheme has sucked too. But we might have just solved that? I genuinely feel good about it.

Now comes the talent/roster building. Because to expect any quarterback to have had success here over the past three years would be unreasonable. 

You want to move on from Darnold? That’s cool, about 2/3 of Jets fans do - but make damn sure you add a considerable amount of talent before you throw the next guy into the fire. Sign and start a vet 8+ games if you must, assuming you drafted a QB @ 2. 

I prefer to trade down, collect more talent, and see what happens next year knowing that I can easily move on from Darnold, and, in the process, create a better overall team for the next guy. 

9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Darnold played the same team with the same weapons week 17. How'd he look? Note - this is also a team that was eliminated from the playoffs and had zero to play for.

All I’m hearing is this: Veteran, experienced, Super Bowl winning QB, played 1/4 of a season with same teammates, same coach, same game plans, and managed to win 0 games..... and that somehow is proof that the younger “allegedly” worse QB  is definitely trash???  Although he won 2 games.....  great argument Bro. 

as Parcells used to say “you are what your record says you are”  and our record says we were a bad Team. 

I’m tired of hearing how it’s just one players fault, your Flacco point just proves it more so then it does towards proving Sam was the problem. 

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The larger point of this thread is that this offensive roster, whether we include the quarterback or not, sucks, and it has sucked for three years. 

The coaching/scheme has sucked too. But we might have just solved that? I genuinely feel good about it.

Now comes the talent/roster building. Because to expect any quarterback to have had success here over the past three years would be unreasonable. 

You want to move on from Darnold? That’s cool, about 2/3 of Jets fans do - but make damn sure you add a considerable amount of talent before you throw the next guy into the fire. Sign and start a vet 8+ games if you must, assuming you drafted a QB @ 2. 

I prefer to trade down, collect more talent, and see what happens next year knowing that I can easily move on from Darnold, and, in the process, create a better overall team for the next guy. 

On offense I don't think it needs as much as you do. No of course it's not adequate as is/was -- Douglas made some pretty awful acquisitions in both his decisions to save spending and overspending at the same time:

Fant was gross overpayment over bringing back Beachum, and gross underpayment instead of even making an offer for Conklin; Perriman (for all the rationalization about a brief string of receiving yards while Winston was throwing the ball 40x per game, especially when both other starters were out, it was terrible judgment that would be his production with a rookie & Crowder, with Darnold as his QB, no less, throwing 10 fewer passes per game on top of his suspect downfield accuracy); Van Roten actually wasn't a bad pickup given the pricetag, with the goal that a rookie would overtake him by the end of the season, except the rookie never even made the gameday roster once; Lewis was another career-unreliable player in whom Douglas presumed his rare stretch of better reliability, for less than 1 season, would be good enough to rely upon him for the upcoming three. I can't fault him for Bell; that one was all on Maccagnan, and he made his best effort to trade him each of the last two seasons. Ditto McGovern, who was previously a reliable center, though his 2nd half play (while not Mawae Part II) was demonstrably better than he was out of the gate, and I think he'll be fine this year.

The disconnect is no one expects Darnold to have the season Mahomes, Watson, or Allen just had, given the obvious disparity in their supporting casts, though his believers seem to frame it in nearly those terms. But what constitutes "success" is a matter of opinion given the circumstances, not absolute numbers, and what was reasonable was far better than he performed, in particular for someone in whom the team made such a draft investment to be the guy who makes others better not the one who needs early Sanchez-like support to look average. He does not and has not looked special. He's looked like a QB who obviously has some talent but whose head at game speed is too serious an impediment to ever expecting consistently good play that makes everyone else on the field better. Sure he can have a good game here or there; ffs so did other busts & letdowns we drafted (OK, not Hackenberg).

What makes the great QBs great is consistency and rising to the occasion even through times his favorite targets and/or linemen are out, and Darnold's never demonstrated a reason to believe that'll be him. They are the reasons that previous bust/letdown receivers suddenly look productive. Conversely what Darnold has are people making excuses for him, as though every incomplete and errant (and incorrect) pass he made, and every sack he took, was all on others or poor play design, while he's more or less a blameless victim. I'm hopeful that one such excuse-maker is GM for another team who makes Douglas an offer of a pick that'll actually go towards making the team better.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fastmover said:

All I’m hearing is this: Veteran, experienced, Super Bowl winning QB, played 1/4 of a season with same teammates, same coach, same game plans, and managed to win 0 games..... and that somehow is proof that the younger “allegedly” worse QB  is definitely trash???  Although he won 2 games.....  great argument Bro. 

as Parcells used to say “you are what your record says you are”  and our record says we were a bad Team. 

I’m tired of hearing how it’s just one players fault, your Flacco point just proves it more so then it does towards proving Sam was the problem. 

You're all over the place. Flacco was cut twice and is far from his best. Denver shipped him out in favor of Drew Lock(who also sucks). The fact that Darnold isn't demonstrably better than a shopworn Flacco is troubling.

This idea that Darnold is some babe in the woods is quite confusing to me. He's started 38 games in the NFL - he's not a rookie. He's got a resume. He's one of the worst QBs statistically over that time. Hell, he's started more games for the Jets than Geno ever did.

Your last point is the most absurd. I do not think you will find anyone who posted that it's just Darnold's fault the team is bad; as if we replace the QB this is a 14-3 team next year. The team is bad and Darnold is bad. Both can be true at the same time. I think the amount of excuse making and handwaving away of Darnold's poor play is quite curious: If Darnold was drafted by the Dolphins #3 OVR in 2018 instead of the Jets and had the exact same career, yet you saw Dolphins fans on Dolphinsnation.com making the same excuses, you'd mock them and rightfully so.

To reiterate: it's not all Darnold's fault - but he's not the answer and he's not what you think he is.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

On offense I don't think it needs as much as you do. No of course it's not adequate as is/was -- Douglas made some pretty awful acquisitions in both his decisions to save spending and overspending at the same time:

Fant was gross overpayment over bringing back Beachum, and gross underpayment instead of even making an offer for Conklin; Perriman (for all the rationalization about a brief string of receiving yards while Winston was throwing the ball 40x per game, especially when both other starters were out, it was terrible judgment that would be his production with a rookie & Crowder, with Darnold as his QB, no less, throwing 10 fewer passes per game on top of his suspect downfield accuracy); Van Roten actually wasn't a bad pickup given the pricetag, with the goal that a rookie would overtake him by the end of the season, except the rookie never even made the gameday roster once; Lewis was another career-unreliable player in whom Douglas presumed his rare stretch of better reliability, for less than 1 season, would be good enough to rely upon him for the upcoming three. I can't fault him for Bell; that one was all on Maccagnan, and he made his best effort to trade him each of the last two seasons. Ditto McGovern, who was previously a reliable center, though his 2nd half play (while not Mawae Part II) was demonstrably better than he was out of the gate, and I think he'll be fine this year.

The disconnect is no one expects Darnold to have the season Mahomes, Watson, or Allen just had, given the obvious disparity in their supporting casts, though his believers seem to frame it in nearly those terms. But what constitutes "success" is a matter of opinion given the circumstances, not absolute numbers, and what was reasonable was far better than he performed, in particular for someone in whom the team made such a draft investment to be the guy who makes others better not the one who needs early Sanchez-like support to look average. He does not and has not looked special. He's looked like a QB who obviously has some talent but whose head at game speed is too serious an impediment to ever expecting consistently good play that makes everyone else on the field better. Sure he can have a good game here or there; ffs so did other busts & letdowns we drafted (OK, not Hackenberg).

What makes the great QBs great is consistency and rising to the occasion even through times his favorite targets and/or linemen are out, and Darnold's never demonstrated a reason to believe that'll be him. They are the reasons that previous bust/letdown receivers suddenly look productive. Conversely what Darnold has are people making excuses for him, as though every incomplete and errant (and incorrect) pass he made, and every sack he took, was all on others or poor play design, while he's more or less a blameless victim. I'm hopeful that one such excuse-maker is GM for another team who makes Douglas an offer of a pick that'll actually go towards making the team better.

We don't know what the story was with Joe Douglas and his free agent class last year - but it was incredibly underwhelming and hurt this team. The jury is still out on the draft class, outside of Becton who looks to be the real deal, and Bryce Hall who genuinely appears to be a savvy pick. 

I live in Denver and it's widely accepted here that McGovern's best position is RG. He can play center, and that's what we needed from him last year. But either through the draft or in free agency, I'd be looking to upgrade center because, on paper at least, I'd be upgrading two spots. Greg Van Roten cannot play another down for this team, that's my opinion. When the Patriots are rushing three/dropping eight in week 17 and getting home in less than 2.5 seconds because GVR got smoked repeatedly, that's unacceptable. It wasn't a 'scheme' problem, it was a talent problem and that's on JD. 

If it were me playing GM, I'd forget Thuney and be aggressive in chasing Corey Linsley while spending a late pick on someone like James Empey of BYU. Linsley is 29, and would only be a stopgap player, but he's very good at this job, successful in this system and would allow us to move McGovern to RG. We'd draft his heir in Empey, a guy who also fits the system, on day 3. 

But I digress - I don't consider Darnold a blameless victim. I can't tell you how many times I've exclaimed "what the f*** were you looking at!" to the television because of a throw he made. He's not some fragile person that needs protection via message board white knights. The dude has got to get better if he wants to stay in this league. Right now, after this past season? He sucks and he'll likely remain a bust because so few players turn it around. 

But I think you can objectively say the odds are stacked against Darnold redeeming himself, and objectively acknowledge he's been in the worst situation in the league for a starting quarterback for three years running. That's where I'm at.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Crowder would easily put up 1,000 yard seasons with a competent QB, plus he's a slot receiver and not intended to be the #1 . 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just bored......

Sam Darnold played all the Jets snaps at QB in 12 games (except for 4 snap in one of those 12 games - I'm just going to count those 4 snaps in the following analysis since I can't pull them out)

In those 12 games, Darnold played 739 snaps (61.6 snaps per game)

In those 12 games, the total WR offensive snaps was 2,041 or an average of 2.76 WRs per offensive play 

These were the total WR snaps in those games in which Darnold played 100% of the snaps:

1. Breshad Perriman  484 snaps (65% of Darnold's snaps)
  2. Jamison Crowder 391 snaps (53% of Darnold's snaps)
  3. Denzel Mims 341 snaps (46% of Darnold's snaps)
  4. Braxton Berrios 242 snaps (33% of Darnold's snaps)
  5. Chris Hogan 229 snaps (31% of Darnold's snaps)
  6. Jeff Smith 181 snaps (24% of Darnold's snaps)
  7. Josh Malone 80 snaps (11% of Darnold's snaps)
  8. Vyncint Smith 45 snaps (6% of Darnold's snaps)
  9. Lawrence Cager 39 snaps (5% of Darnold's snaps)
  10. Jaleel Scott 9  snaps (1% of Darnold's snaps)

Perriman, Crowder, and Mims had the 3 highest WR snap counts in 4 of the 12 games in which Darnold played 100% of the plays at QB.  

• All 3 of those played together in 5 of Darnold's 12 games
  • 2 of those 3 played together in 3 of Darnold's 12 games
  • 1 of those 3 played in in 3 of Darnold's 12 games
  • 0 of those 3 played in 1 of Darnold's 12 games

And this means?

20 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The offense actually looked competent with the corpse of Joe Flacco at QB.

19 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Darnold played the same team with the same weapons week 17. How'd he look? Note - this is also a team that was eliminated from the playoffs and had zero to play for.

Based on this logic I guess we are better than Seattle since we beat the Rams and the Rams spanked Seattle?

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We don't know what the story was with Joe Douglas and his free agent class last year - but it was incredibly underwhelming and hurt this team. The jury is still on out on the draft class, outside of Becton who looks to be the real deal, and Bryce Hall who genuinely appears to be a savvy pick. 

I live in Denver and it's widely accepted here that McGovern's best position is RG. He can play center, and that's what we needed from him last year. But either through the draft or in free agency, I'd be looking to upgrade center because, on paper at least, I'd be upgrading two spots. Greg Van Roten cannot play another down for this team, that's my opinion. When the Patriots are rushing three/dropping eight in week 17 and getting home in less than 2.5 seconds because GVR got smoked repeatedly, that's unacceptable. It wasn't a 'scheme' problem, it was a talent problem and that's on JD. 

If it were me playing GM, I'd forget Thuney and be aggressive in chasing Corey Linsley while spending a late pick on someone like James Empey of BYU. Linsley is 29, and would only be a stopgap player, but he's very good at this job, successful in this system and would allow us to move McGovern to RG. We'd draft his heir in Empey, a guy who also fits the system, on day 3. 

But I digress - I don't consider Darnold a blameless victim. I can't tell you how many times I've exclaimed "what the f*** were you looking at!" to the television because of a throw he made. He's not some fragile person that needs protection via message board white knights. The dude has got to get better if he wants to stay in this league. Right now, after this past season? He sucks and he'll likely remain a bust because so few players turn it around. 

But I think you can objectively say the odds are stacked against Darnold redeeming himself, and objectively acknowledge he's been in the worst situation in the league for a starting quarterback for three years running. That's where I'm at.

Yeah I agree with all of this (or close enough to all of it). We should stop now lol. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What exactly makes you think he is good? Underated? No I think most people are spot in him and shaky WR3/4 type of guy that is inconsistent at best.

77rec, 850 yards + 200 rush yards!! He is a playmaker in a good offensive scheme, and he did all that without CMC! He reminds me off Samuel with the 9ers and I want him to be that wr3/4 we really need. Maybe you are rigth and he’s not that good but he will be a lot cheaper that Juju and I don’t want that guy haha

On 2/5/2021 at 5:56 AM, JTJet said:

How in the F can anyone read that data and come to the conclusion Darnold is the problem when arguing whom was to blame more (Darnold or Receivers)? 

That list is embarrassing. Never forget... some dude named Jaleel Scott was on the field for us. Who the **** is Jaleel Scott...

My biggest gripe is the complete dismissal people have that when one of them is out (Perriman/Mims) it doesnt affect the other WR. 

Other than the slot...

Mims out - Defense double covers Perriman and forces passes to nobody Chris Hogan.

Perriman out - Defense double covers Mims and forces passes to nobody Josh Malone. 

Mims/Perriman out - Defense doesnt need to double cover anyone else cause they all suck. 

And people forget that with covid...they hardly had previous practices together to build any chemistry.  Even Perriman and Mims haven't  had much time together. 

On 2/4/2021 at 4:39 PM, genot said:

Im glad you we're bored. What did Darnold have to throw to. junk. The only good receiver he had was Crowder. How has Crowder fared with Darnold at QB. Very well. Thank you.

At least you are admitting to be a Darnold supporter. I give you kudos for not hiding it.

• Upvote 1