***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

This team isn't going anywhere until Joe Douglas is gone. 

Starting to feel that way, but may just be my Jet Fan frustration. We will know for sure by the end of this season. LaFleur is looking like the only keeper out of three to me at this point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We FINALLY have a guy who is doing it completely different than any other failure of a GM, and you want him gone because he isn't acting like the guy we just fired.

Makes complete sense. 

Textbook definition of insanity. Jet style.

• Upvote 1

I literally posted on this the minute it was posted, we have to fire this rat bastard before he totally breaks Zach.

He went into a season with a WC with NO NFL LEVEL tight end, LET THAT SINK IN

Fans really think this is the guy who will turn this team around when he is terrible in the draft and even worst in free agency ?

This GM has the talent to identify JAGs and roll players not studs, and his only redeeming quality is trades (trading away the little talent we have) 

2 thumbs down ? ?  for this fraud GM, robbing the Johnsons blind 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We FINALLY have a guy who is doing it completely different than any other failure of a GM, and you want him gone because he isn't acting like the guy we just fired.

Makes complete sense. 

What’s this guys winning record?

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Tyler Kroft, Ryan Griffin, Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski, and Mark Bavaro all have this one small thing in common. They are unable to catch passes that are bounced to them. 

Kroft and Griffin are NFL TEs who would have both played for other teams if not for the Jets. Are either of them great, or part of future plans? No. To say that JD went into the season without NFL level TEs is simply not true. I don't know if you were watching but Kroft and Griffin made some outstanding catches on questionable passes from Zach. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Tyler Kroft, Ryan Griffin, Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski, and Mark Bavaro all have this one small thing in common. They are unable to catch passes that are bounced to them. 

Kroft and Griffin are NFL TEs who would have both played for other teams if not for the Jets. Are either of them great, or part of future plans? No. To say that JD went into the season without NFL level TEs is simply not true. I don't know if you were watching but Kroft and Griffin made some outstanding catches on questionable passes from Zach. 

That’s actually true. Few really nice catches and runs. Can’t absolve Zach from that, both may have been close to serviceable with more consistent play at QB. Agreed. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

About how long it will take him to build a 9 win roster. 

Jets fans finally have a leadership group taking the correct approach.  The team was a complete dumpster fire for over a decade.  Each GM over that time period pursued quick, short term victories that did not build a foundation.  The long term approach often avoids short-term success in order to build a better foundation.  The current leadership finally wants to build this the right way.  I'd give him and Saleh long term deals to make sure they don't get away and to keep the Johnson family as far away from football decisions as possible.  Trust the process  and stay the course.  

image.jpeg.dcd0ff20568becdfb694c843291cd0d5.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I literally posted on this the minute it was posted, we have to fire this rat bastard before he totally breaks Zach.

Fans really think this is the guy who will turn this team around when he is terrible in the draft and even worst in free agency ?

This GM has the talent to identify JAGs and roll players not studs, and his only redeeming quality is trades (trading away the little talent we have) 

2 thumbs down ? ?  for this fraud GM, robbing the Johnsons blind 

I think the jury is still out on JD but I think a reasonable defense of him can be made for the past 2 years.  The team was a disaster when he got here.  Last year he got us a brand new QB and drafted offense with his first 4 picks. The year prior he drafted an OL and WR in the 1st 2 rounds.  In other words, he is trying to build the offense.  However, there are only so many draft picks and you don't want to go down the wrong road in FA and get tied up with a bad contract for years. 

This is absolutely the year that the talent level should go up though.  This will be the year we'll see what JD is made of.  I think it's reasonable to say that this offseason is going to be "make-or-break" for JD.  I mean, I do agree that it's pathetic that this franchise never takes a big step forward (like the Bengals did last year after having the #1 OA pick 2 years prior).  After all of our bad years and top draft picks we still have holes all over the place and are a 4 win team.  No Jet fan is happy about that.  But in theory, we've got a GM in here now who is planning on building the team according to his vision.  We've suffered through 2 years of house cleaning.  Now it's time to see progress.  Not saying we're going to be a contender this year but we need to take real strides.  If we don't then we might very well be on to the next GM in short order.  A lot of this is going to fall on ZW of course.  I'm on the fence on the guy but I'm glad he gave us some reason to have hope at the end of the year.  He definitely looked more confident the last few games.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Jets fans finally have a leadership group taking the correct approach.  The team was a complete dumpster fire for over a decade.  Each GM over that time period pursued quick, short term victories that did not build a foundation.  The long term approach often avoids short-term success in order to build a better foundation.  The current leadership finally wants to build this the right way.  I'd give him and Saleh long term deals to make sure they don't get away and to keep the Johnson family as far away from football decisions as possible.  Trust the process  and stay the course.  

image.jpeg.dcd0ff20568becdfb694c843291cd0d5.jpeg

Woah! You were serious? Damn, didn’t see that coming 

• Upvote 2

We find out a lot about Joe Douglas tomorrow when the FA period begins.

We have space, and a bunch of front loaded contracts that were purposely designed by him to expire next year. There isn’t a player who’ll be available we can’t afford.

Let’s see what he does.

(I’m not expecting much)

16 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are you asking me because you don't know, or are you trying for a "gotcha"? 

Do you think JD would have made the same moves if his predecessor didn't leave him with absolute garbage? 

Again what is this GM win loss record? I’ll wait ……….

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is the most clown shoes post ever, if not definitely top 5. 

• Upvote 2