***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I love reading how people think you can turn around a team that couldn’t beat a college football team in literally 2 seasons. And one In which was a pandemic and I’m sure it’s difficult to grade players without seeing them, I’d be willing to give Douglas 2 more years! 

this team needs better assistant coaches and better players to be a contender, we are not winning anything with ulbrich and crew 

Your entire statement is irrelevant once you said a college team could beat a nfl team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:48 AM, Green Ghost said:

I was just thinking about how likely it is right now that both Becton and Wilson end up  busting. That made me try to remember the last time the Jets signed one of their first round picks to a second contract.

I hope I’m forgetting someone, but without looking it up, I can’t think of anyone after Revis. Can that be possible?

well Sanchez who didnt deserve it and Mo.

new GM wants a new HC who will want a new OC and DC who will change our schemes. then certain players dont fit it and you know the rest.

we just spent 2 years to get players for this system and now were going to pick players for another one.? we cant keep doing that. plus i like LaFluer. his offense was pretty good with a competent QB, or any QB not named Zach.

thats what i am hoping for these next 4 weeks. Flacco running this system as well as he did last year. then it will prove to us that this team is good. then if Zach is bad we dont need to see a 3rd year. go get a vet QB for next year.

JD shouldn't be fired. and this thread shouldn't have been bumped before we even played a game. why not give it a month to see what all these new draft picks and FA look like? but i shouldn't be surprised, this thread got bumped after week 2 then disappeared after MC1 and Moore starting to play good. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

new GM wants a new HC who will want a new OC and DC who will change our schemes. then certain players dont fit it and you know the rest.

we just spent 2 years to get players for this system and now were going to pick players for another one.? we cant keep doing that. plus i like LaFluer. his offense was pretty good with a competent QB, or any QB not named Zach.

thats what i am hoping for these next 4 weeks. Flacco running this system as well as he did last year. then it will prove to us that this team is good. then if Zach is bad we dont need to see a 3rd year. go get a vet QB for next year.

JD shouldn't be fired. and this thread shouldn't have been bumped before we even played a game. why not give it a month to see what all these new draft picks and FA look like? but i shouldn't be surprised, this thread got bumped after week 2 then disappeared after MC1 and Moore starting to play good. 

Just to let you know our system is very popular around the nfl and the guys currently steering the ship are not the only people capable of running this system both on defense and offense 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Just to let you know our system is very popular around the nfl and the guys currently steering the ship are not the only people capable of running this system both on defense and offense 

and who will be in charge of finding those guys, Woody? good luck.

either Woody isnt smart enough to find those guys or even consider it, or he says that he tried this system for 2 years and it didnt work let me go find another one.

• Upvote 2

On 9/7/2022 at 11:48 PM, Green Ghost said:

I was just thinking about how likely it is right now that both Becton and Wilson end up  busting. That made me try to remember the last time the Jets signed one of their first round picks to a second contract.

I hope I’m forgetting someone, but without looking it up, I can’t think of anyone after Revis. Can that be possible?

5 hours ago, doitny said:

well Sanchez who didnt deserve it and Mo.

The team hasn't signed many players to a second contract in recent years.

Enunwa was signed to three contracts. A four year rookie deal in 2014, a one year deal in 2018 and a four year deal in 2019. He was supposed to be signed through this year. (He wasn't a first round pick though...)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This isn't 20/20 hindsight. When the Jets were going into the pre-season with Fant at LT, Becton at RT, Edoga and McDermott at swing tackle with rookie Max Mitchell waiting in the wings, I knew that we were not fully prepared for the season. The only way this situation would have worked was if Becton wasn't a soft boiled egg. I didn't even flinch when Becton went down because I already accepted that he was not going to make it through the season. 

We desperately needed a solid back up swing tackle, and we ended up with a guy who could only play LT. We moved our better tackle to his weaker position only to move him back to his stronger position. 

Bottom line is that our offensive line guru had three full off-seasons and drafts and we still don't have a solid offensive line. Other teams have freak injuries as well, but they have other guys who can fill in competently. 

My leash just got shorter. 

All completely legitimate complaints here.  The one area this team should have been rock solid by year 2/3 was the OL and its simply not.  

• Upvote 3

On 9/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, jgb said:

Even if this season goes down in abject flames, I want to keep JD. He's shown he can learn from his mistakes so I'd expect him to both draft a QB and bring in a legitimate veteran.

If you bring in a new GM, we are back to "all eggs in one basket on rookie QB" again. 

No thanks.

It depends on the alternative. For example, if Saleh gets fired for whatever reason, I want Woody to get Sean Payton hired no matter what. I want a proven winner and it part of that hire requires letting Douglas go, then he can take a hike too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

It depends on the alternative. For example, if Saleh gets fired for whatever reason, I want Woody to get Sean Payton hired no matter what. I want a proven winner and it part of that hire requires letting Douglas go, then he can take a hike too. 

I can think of a bunch of reasons why JD should be incorporating hiking into his daily activities.  Most of them also recommended by the American Heart Association.

• Haha 2

Hasn't hit on the QB position yet.  Jury still out on Wilson.  Awful backup (Flacco).  Offensive line?  Nice pick with Vera-Tucker.  Good signing with Tomlinson.  Becton out.  Brown out.  Exposes the lack of depth on the OL.  Whiffing on those two positions is unacceptable.