Now go get Watson

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Do you just have this stupid reply on auto by now?

It is actually a smart reply.  trading for Watson makes no sense at all considering what we would have to give up to get him.  he would again be on a bad team and we would be looking at maybe a few more wins and be 6-10 next year at best.  We need to build the entire roster and are alot more then a good QB away from making the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I know a lot of people want Watson but the odds of it happening are pretty slim. Douglas wants to build through the draft do giving up a ton of first round picks and possibly a good young player doesn’t seem to fit his plan.  Drafting a QB at 2 is much more likely or a trade down 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Patriots are Gona get Watson and this place is Gona burn down

It may sound crazy but you just might be right. Think of all the guys he just signed and all the guys that are coming back that sat out last year?

Belicheat just signed some pretty big names and I believe they still do have all their draft picks.

That f****** guy never seems to get beat in a trade ever.

Holy Mary Mother of God that would be the ultimate Evil master plan to get everybody to stop talking about Tom Brady LMFAO!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah let’s trade Q and 4 first round picks for a qb who just went 4-12 with a better roster

Oh no, another post where Phil proves he knows nothing by calling Watson a 4-12 QB and cries that we'd trade 4 ones and Q, a player he called a bust last year in the deal

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

It is actually a smart reply.  trading for Watson makes no sense at all considering what we would have to give up to get him.  he would again be on a bad team and we would be looking at maybe a few more wins and be 6-10 next year at best.  We need to build the entire roster and are alot more then a good QB away from making the playoffs. 

Really?  What will it cost us to get a 25 year old, top 3 NFL QB?  2 or 3 1's?  

We should have won 5 games last season with the shlt we had on the roster and Gase as HC.  

Love the idea that it takes 3 or more seasons to go from 5 to 9 wins in the FA age.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You have literally no idea what it will take to get him. 
Many here think the Texans want/will get 4 1st round picks. 

The reality is that many here don't understand draft value and think all 1st round picks are the same. 

If the Texans called the Jags and offered Watson for their #1 what do you think the Jags would say? The obvious answer is no. 

If the Texans want Zach Wilson (which is likely), the ONLY way to get him would be to trade with the Jets because either the Jets are taking him or trading down with a team that wants him. So now the question is how  much worse of a prospect is Wilson from Lawrence. Because if that gap is narrowing we may not have to give up a whole lot more than the #2 overall. 

Basically, the Jets #1 is pretty  much equal to some teams offer of 3 1st round picks. 

So if it only takes our #2 overall and a little something else, you still think it's dumb to get Watson? 

This is it.  This is why I honestly think the Jets have the best chance of landing him.  More and more I think it's going to happen.  Houston is going to have to get their fan base excited about something.

Since Lawrence isn't going to happen they're going to have to look for the best QB in the draft (whoever it is for them) 

Trading with the Jets assures them of landing their guy.  Now, how close they have Wilson and Fields is another question (which may or may not bring Miami into play)

When all's said and done I think the Jets are the most likely landing spot for Watson right now.   Not saying it's going to happen, but if I had to put odds on it, I would have the Jets as the favorite.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

They are building a team unlike us

Bill will not go in with cam

Yeah, building a team.

I know I'm jealous of their signings, starting with Cam.

AB's a FA, maybe he can be brought in to play a game

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  What will it cost us to get a 25 year old, top 3 NFL QB?  2 or 3 1's?  

We should have won 5 games last season with the shlt we had on the roster and Gase as HC.  

Love the idea that it takes 3 or more seasons to go from 5 to 9 wins in the FA age.  

What was Deshaun Watson's record last year on the Texans???

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

What was Deshaun Watson's record last year on the Texans???

What would their record have been without him?  Better or worse?  

You think that the Texans were bad because of Watson?  

These are your take aways?