Jets talking with JuJu

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Sort of reminds one of the last time the Jets were considering getting a Steeler's WR, what was his name again...Santana Holmes or something like that? Was he related to Johnny Wadd Holmes? wink wink

So never sign a Steeler WR?

If the Jets sign Juju, is it more advantageous to trade Crowder or to cut him? The cap ramifications are sometimes different between cutting a guy and trading him, depending on the contract. It might be more beneficial to the Jets to cut him and free up that space, depending on what kind of pick they could get back for him.

So the thought is Davis#1, JuJu #2, Crowder in the Slot, and Mims for 4 WR sets?

Alot would then depend on if Davis really is a #1 guy or not, as JuJu is very much a complimentary piece, not a #1 in any form.

Still feels like cobbling together a group of #2's and hoping one rises up to #1 to me.  

But Davis/JuJu/Crowder/Mims is certainly better than Hurt Perriman/Hammy Mims/Crowder doing What He Can/Nobody.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I love JuJu's game.  He's as tough as Hines Ward.  Blocks like a TE, gets YAC and makes those tough 3rd down catches like Chrebet used to do.

Please get him!

Third down catches for first downs last year.

image.thumb.png.2259dc553c60a6754081db24add83fce.png

Lol 97 catches / 830 yards. Yards after catch?  Or did you mean yard after catch?

37 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I would much rather flip Crowder for JuJu and then target some of the faster YAC receivers in the draft.  Honestly if you have Davis, Mims, JuJu  and maybe add Rondale Moore, that’s a nice bump in talent at the receiver position. 

Those lamenting the loss of Crowder are the same people who were probably lamenting the loss of Jeremy Kerley .   Those guys were overvalued because of the garbage that was playing around them.  

I dont think anyone is lamenting the possible loss of Crowder.  He is what he is though, a competent, steady WR who gave us 700 yards and was a good locker room guy.  At a low cost.  Unless we wind up against the cap or we find a more capable replacement, why not keep him?

Nothing more

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

In my scenario Sam Darnold is the incumbent quarterback. Trubisky would be the quarterback (like Tannehill) brought in to hedge their bets with. I'm not saying this happens, but rather this is a pathway they might be considering. One which gives Joe Douglas more options with the 2nd overall pick. Douglas could get a huge haul trading down from the 2nd overall pick, or he could just stay right there and select a non-quarterback positions he has rated very high on his draft board. 

No "huge haul" is worth finding a franchise quarterback.

Sam Darnold might be a franchise quarterback.  We haven't seen him in a Shanahan offense and he sounds perfectly suited for it.

Zach Wilson might be a franchise quarterback.  We haven't seen him in the NFL at all.

So let's have our cake and eat it too.  Let's keep the best available veteran quarterback and the best available NCAA quarterback and pick the one we like best at the end of training camp or a year from now.

SAR I and @Charlie Brown

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So the thought is Davis#1, JuJu #2, Crowder in the Slot, and Mims for 4 WR sets?

Alot would then depend on if Davis really is a #1 guy or not, as JuJu is very much a complimentary piece, not a #1 in any form.

Still feels like cobbling together a group of #2's and hoping one rises up to #1 to me.  

But Davis/JuJu/Crowder/Mims is certainly better than Hurt Perriman/Hammy Mims/Crowder doing What He Can/Nobody.

Get a big tight end that can roam downfield and it can work.  Particularly in the play action concept that Lafleur likes to rely heavily upon.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’ve seen teams run groups of #2’s and it worked really well.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

In this scenario, is Sam Darnold throwing to these dudes?

I am beyond baffled by half of this forum wanting to trade down. I’ll be making other plans with my fall Sundays if we have to watch Darnold again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Honestly Mims still has a lot to prove. He showed glimpses but there were concerning signs too. Obviously he could be much better with a full camp behind him but I’d definitely keep Crowder before relying in him to break out.

Still I think with that four you will get seriouslu favourable matchups all over the field. That would be nice deep unit. If not elite certainly very good. Three of them likely haven’t hit their prime yet. 

Get some serviceable guards, maybe a tight end added in the draft and Zach Wilson may not be doomed. He is though because Juju isn’t happening.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Actually, it's exactly my point. Both QBs are terrible. The bears going with the Dalton/Foles combo should kind of clue you in on this reality. 

The Bears signed Dalton to be their starter after striking out on trading for Russell Wilson. Mitchell Trubisky is a free agent. He'd be brought here to compete for a starting job with Darnold. He'd be a Ryan Tannehill type signing like the Titans did in the 2019 off-season.

590751120_MitchellTrubisky.thumb.jpg.6c55ff771a23fd8fe25ac9cb69ff86bf.jpg

Now let's compare that to Sam Darnold below. 

1982362004_SamDarnold.thumb.jpg.e2b7392c14872be5eaf6b2a658d31425.jpg

Mitch has higher Cmp%, higher TD%, lower Int%, and the kid has been a starter in the playoffs for two games. If it weren't for a missed 43 yard field goal in the wild card round of the playoffs by Cody Parkey he'd have led his team to their 13th win of the season and headed to the divisional round of the playoffs. I would have no problem bringing in Trubisky to be our Ryan Tannehill type acquisition. Kid has a great arm, and he can run the ball when he needs to.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Honestly Mims still has a lot to prove. He showed glimpses but there were concerning signs too. Obviously he could be much better with a full camp behind him but I’d definitely keep Crowder before relying in him to break out.

Still I think with that four you will get seriouslu favourable matchups all over the field. That would be nice deep unit. If not elite certainly very good. Three of them likely haven’t hit their prime yet. 

Get some serviceable guards, maybe a tight end added in the draft and Zach Wilson may not be doomed. He is though because Juju isn’t happening.

What are the “concerning signs” about Mims?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No "huge haul" is worth finding a franchise quarterback.

Sam Darnold might be a franchise quarterback.  We haven't seen him in a Shanahan offense and he sounds perfectly suited for it.

Zach Wilson might be a franchise quarterback.  We haven't seen him in the NFL at all.

So let's have our cake and eat it too.  Let's keep the best available veteran quarterback and the best available NCAA quarterback and pick the one we like best at the end of training camp or a year from now.

SAR I and @Charlie Brown

LMAO

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Davis, Mims, JJSS, Crowder.

Throw to the openest one.

Neat.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Who cares. That hit on Vontaze Burfict was awesome lol. 

In a league where players are getting arrested for domestic assault, etc, JuJu's love of social media to play video games/dance on TikTok is hardly the end of the world in my opinion. 

When you can't back it up it's a problem. Like we never seen hits like that before.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

In this scenario, is Sam Darnold throwing to these dudes?

Oh for heavens sake no, if he is then you  and me might have to do some of those online video chat things (preferably naked)  and you need to learn me the golf so I can go do golfing on Sunday’s. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Oh for heavens sake no, if he is then you  and me might have to do some of those online video chat things (preferably naked)  and you need to learn me the golf so I can go do golfing on Sunday’s. 

I can see it now, JiF and Crusher golfing...

418DEE0100000578-4618352-image-a-33_1497885233015.jpg.d723d48d7c4d10293ec3e810721b4145.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who is the best available veteran quarterback available right now?

Sam Darnold.  He has been for a couple of weeks.  Unless you value Andy Dalton.

SAR I

1173025103_MitchellTrubisky.thumb.jpg.a540314f2e26431418bd8325a30e69c6.jpg

But you would rather have this guy below.

1581666963_SamDarnold.thumb.jpg.d7bcdf5ca1a374a13d6afdfc947268a8.jpg

You're the same guy who wanted to keep Gase, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt. 

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought Mims was going to be the X receiver. Davis is Z, JuJu or Crowder slot, Herndon Y. Mims has to prove it, of course, but that would seem to be his profile.