2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm not sure if it is funny, or pathetic, that what i assume are adults, are hating on the player that the purported favorite team will be taking, to the degree of mocking his locks or his youthful appearance.  the kid hasn't even put on a jets jersey and a segment of the fanbase (at least represented by this board) already hates him.

New to the Jets, huh.

Agreed, he hasn't even put a jersey on yet. We should call off the Wilson-float parade booked this afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm not sure if it is funny, or pathetic, that what i assume are adults, are hating on the player that their purported favorite team will be taking, to the degree of mocking his locks or his youthful appearance.  the kid hasn't even put on a jets jersey and a segment of the fanbase (at least represented by this board) already hates him.

i get not liking a pick.  reasonable people can have reasonable differences of opinions on who they think is the best player and the best selection for the jets

but the sheer childishness of some of these attacks on a 21 year old kid is just outright sad. 

Oh please..  people made fun of Gases eyes for 2 years, called Sanchez creative nicknames like "nacho", put up offensive pictures and called Geno "stupid" approx 500 times a day, spent last year saying Sam sucks daily, made fun of Penningtons shoulder injuries, and suddenly people are acting sanctimonious over Wilson?  

He does in fact look like a twinkie soft boy bander..  hopefully he isn't but if thats what people want to make fun of who cares.  I've seen much worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was named a “Captain” by the coaching staff when one of the elected captains got injured. The “C” on Wilson’s chest stands for “Consolation Prize.”

As well as a description of your romantic life.

Roasted the office GIF

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not my plan - it's the only gosh darn logical thing to do!

I hope JD will do the right thing.  I don't know it.  

Look, he clearly didn't do the right thing for Darnold.  He made the offense worse for Sam - but I think he was all-in on cleaning house and Sam was a sacrificial lamb....I think he had a plan, stuck to it and did what I believe was necessary.  But, I could be wrong and he thought he was putting out a quality roster - and in that case we're screwed.

It's time for him to build and I really don't know where is head is....  

I know this, the only logical thing to do was dump Sam and take a QB at 2.  I was very confident that's what he was going to do.  Which is why I have hope that he is competent and understands, with the current Jet roster, the overwhelming use of premium resources MUST go to offense over the next couple of years.

He used more FA resources on defense this off-season (I think the situation dictated that)...which leads me to believe he will be much more aggressive on offense than defense.  I don't care what position - BOPA....

As I said, it's the only thing that make any sense!

I was shocked by the FA this year. i mean i hoped we woudl add alot of players but this is the one time I think we really actually did get better and not hinder the teams future years in FA. we added alot more players that usual. Excellent job to set up this Draft 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, derp said:

Not like teams have almost exclusively make mistakes with quarterbacks in the top three of the draft for the last decade or anything.

This is tired. No one can predict how a QB will turn out. The point is that as a prospect if that stuff mattered, he wouldn’t be going top 3. No one gives a sh*t about team success and who they beat. 

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

New to the Jets, huh.

Agreed, he hasn't even put a jersey on yet. We should call off the Wilson-float parade booked this afternoon. 

can you point me to the post where people are discussing this parade?  or is this a straw man argument to deflect from your childish retorts???

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetblue95 said:

can you point me to the post where people are discussing this parade?  or is this a straw man argument to deflect from your childish retorts???

Chill amigo, it's a good day, One we've been waiting for months. We'll all come out on the otherside tomorrow in good shape i'm sure. 

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

This is tired. No one can predict how a QB will turn out. The point is that as a prospect if that stuff mattered, he wouldn’t be going top 3. No one gives a sh*t about team success and who they beat. 

Yeah and using his draft position to wave away legitimate concerns when teams suck at drafting quarterbacks is also tired. Folks like you will stop hearing about the track record when the “if it mattered he wouldn’t be getting drafted high” stops. You’re just turning it into a circular argument. 

And it’s not about team success, it’s about him playing 7 on 7 for most of last season in absurdly clean pockets against cupcakes and then plopping him out on an NFL field against a completely different caliber of athletes on a team behind an offensive line that is, at best, below average.

And given how teams have been drafting quarterbacks at the top of the draft - maybe stuff like that should matter, no? Is discussion of that nature not allowed on a message board? Just because he’s going in the top three?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Oh please..  people made fun of Gases eyes for 2 years, called Sanchez creative nicknames like "nacho", put up offensive pictures and called Geno "stupid" approx 500 times a day, spent last year saying Sam sucks daily, made fun of Penningtons shoulder injuries, and suddenly people are acting sanctimonious over Wilson?  

He does in fact look like a twinkie soft boy bander..  hopefully he isn't but if thats what people want to make fun of who cares.  I've seen much worse.

Make fun of the young black kid or the Mexican guy?

Jets fans: HAHA Got eeeem!

Make fun of the pretty white kid from Utah?

Jets fans:

2B23BC3F-0425-48DA-8FF0-CE1C9B740CDF.jpeg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah and using his draft position to wave away legitimate concerns when teams suck at drafting quarterbacks is also tired. Folks like you will stop hearing about the track record when the “if it mattered he wouldn’t be getting drafted high” stops. You’re just turning it into a circular argument. 

And it’s not about team success, it’s about him playing 7 on 7 for most of last season in absurdly clean pockets against cupcakes and then plopping him out on an NFL field against a completely different caliber of athletes on a team behind an offensive line that is, at best, below average.

And given how teams have been drafting quarterbacks at the top of the draft - maybe stuff like that should matter, no? Is discussion of that nature not allowed on a message board? Just because he’s going in the top three?

Who else in recent years was draft from a small school in the top 5 that sucked? I don’t think that matters. The guys you mentioned mostly came from big schools so it’s not the same thing. 

There’s many players in CFB who play cup cake schedules but only Wilson gets mentioned. Why? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Jets fans:

Don’t like when people think race doesn’t matter after years of black QBs getting evaluated differently either. Just think we’re being too negative with Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Who else in recent years was draft from a small school in the top 5 that sucked? I don’t think that matters. The guys you mentioned mostly came from big schools so it’s not the same thing. 

There’s many players in CFB who play cup cake schedules but only Wilson gets mentioned. Why? 

I didn’t mention anyone. And I’m not sure if you’re misinterpreting or continuing to ignore that I’m talking about Wilson’s elite offensive line and lack of him being pressured most of this season, not the fact that he’s from a small school. I don’t think his school is the problem.

You’re taking this to all of the players in college football who played cupcake schedules? Let’s narrow to the top five quarterbacks in this class since nobody else is in a position to be nitpicked to the same degree. Jones, Fields, and Lawrence played major conference schedules that were considerably more challenging than what BYU had to piece together this year and all were a part of the CFP this year - Fields and Lawrence in multiple years, and Lance gets the level of competition question quite regularly it’s just overshadowed a little by the barely any games played question. I have no idea why in the world you’d think Wilson is being singled out, other than being in a JN bubble where he and Fields are the only guys anyone talks about.

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

people made fun of gase's eyes for 2 years AFTER he had the bugged out look in a press conference.  and he is a grown up.

calling sanchez nacho or geno stupid is also childish and in those cases, also racist.

making fun of chad's injuries?  that's flat out pathetic

but yeah, i guess this does well encapsulate a portion of this fanbase.  pathetic if you ask me

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

people made fun of gase's eyes for 2 years AFTER he had the bugged out look in a press conference.  and he is a grown up.

calling sanchez nacho or geno stupid is also childish and in those cases, also racist.

making fun of chad's injuries?  that's flat out pathetic

but yeah, i guess this does well encapsulate a portion of this fanbase.  pathetic if you ask me

I'm part black and I called Geno stupid all the time. I'm not a racist. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans:

are you like this in real life, or is this just some bizarre internet persona???

sorry i had to step away before getting to respond to that post.  how dare me say hi to my kid after she got back to school.  i need to be trolling on a message board, mocking a 21 y.o. kid because i don't think he is the right draft pick.  

clown

10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Oh and to answer your question within the last decade the two small school quarterbacks drafted in the top three were Blake Bortles and Carson Wentz - both of whom were off their teams within five years of being drafted.

6 minutes ago, derp said:

I didn’t mention anyone. And I’m not sure if you’re misinterpreting or continuing to ignore that I’m talking about Wilson’s elite offensive line and lack of him being pressured most of this season, not the fact that he’s from a small school. I don’t think his school is the problem.

You’re taking this to all of the players in college football who played cupcake schedules? Let’s narrow to the top five quarterbacks in this class since nobody else is in a position to be nitpicked to the same degree. Jones, Fields, and Lawrence played major conference schedules that were considerably more challenging than what BYU had to piece together this year and all were a part of the CFP this year - Fields and Lawrence in multiple years, and Lance gets the level of competition question quite regularly it’s just overshadowed a little by the barely any games played question. I have no idea why in the world you’d think Wilson is being singled out, other than being in a JN bubble where he and Fields are the only guys anyone talks about.

No, what I meant was that Wilson must be really good to stick out and get mentioned because he’s not the only one with a cup cake schedule from a small school. Not that he’s singled out. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was shocked by the FA this year. i mean i hoped we woudl add alot of players but this is the one time I think we really actually did get better and not hinder the teams future years in FA. we added alot more players that usual. Excellent job to set up this Draft 

I agree. The draft has been set up nicely.  
Let’s see how he handles it. 

• Upvote 1