2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Kiper has been so butthurt over the Jets moving on from Darnold that's its borderline creepy now. 

I know he’s largely responsible for the draft being what it is and he’s not all bad but on this particular issue he’s been a major goofball. That he had him graded higher coming out loses a little relevance after three disappointing seasons and with the need to figure out his contract going forward. And that trade was just silly.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Well, in fairness, Kiper was enforcing the ESPN "Jets tax" when he calculated the trade. 

New sheriff in town! Don’t love all of Douglas’ moves but he got great value in trades last year.

That kind of capital would be a little much but fine to get them up to 7 to draft Pitts if he’s there, comical to go to 16 to draft Vera-Tucker.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, derp said:

New sheriff in town! Don’t love all of Douglas’ moves but he got great value in trades last year.

That kind of capital would be a little much but fine to get them up to 7 to draft Pitts if he’s there, comical to go to 16 to draft Vera-Tucker.

I don't see the Jets overspending like that. They will likely target a guard, maybe a center, early, but not at that cost.

As for the new sheriff, there absolutely is. But ESPN is still acting like Maccagnan and Idzik are in place.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Joe Douglas is going to crush crush crush this draft. This is the turnaround point 

Hopefully no more James Morgan, O-Lineman who can't sniff the field and no Punters. 

Becton and Mims were awesome picks last year but unfortunately the rest of his draft was absolute dog crap. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully no more James Morgan, O-Lineman who can't sniff the field and no Punters. 
Becton and Mims were awesome picks last year but unfortunately the rest of his draft was absolute dog crap. 
Mims has a lot to prove still

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You can’t really judge a draft until three years out but also Joe Douglas sucks at it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I sort of agree but Chase was also my favorite WR in the draft, so idk. 

Chase is amazing. Sewell is amazing. Choosing players with a limited dataset and a full year of not playing in the most crucial year of evaluation with a first rounder is a luxury the Jets don't have. Priority #1 for early picks is being as sure as possible that the guy is going to be good. There is no precedent for opt-outs so nobody knows how to evaluate anything in that regard. Jets should 100% be staying away from that type of risk and I am stoked they did. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

AVT was higher than Sewell on the Jets board. Slater was rated ahead of him

Truly ELITE G prospects like AVT are pretty rare. They are probably the safest pick you can make in any draft. Many people think he will be Zack Martin/ Quinton Neleson level and that is just huge. I have wanted Zach desperately since December but to see us not only get him but then trading up to get a player like AVT that will transform the Jets OL was just incredible. And I do have to say that the Jets in their press conference said things about Zach that were never said about Sam like his retention and football intelligence. Zach seemed super excited to be a Jet. Have a different feeling this time, more confidence than the hope I had with Sam. This feels different.

Also it seems obvious the NFL likes Fields WAY less than the media. I am not sure Chicago even need to trade up that high to get him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

AVT was higher than Sewell on the Jets board. Slater was rated ahead of him

I feel like the Jets tried to get in on the Cowboys pick before the Chargers and pivoted when the price was too high. But that’s just me having thoughts.