Bills Allowing Max Capacity with Proof of Vaccination

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

How long do we think the vaccine will stay effective?  I have read lots of differing opinions.  Some vaccines are good long term while others need to be renewed annually to protect against new strains.  

They say minimum 6 months most likely a year. Considering most are getting vaxed in April and May it covers football season

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I said this a few months ago that I heard this is where we were headed. I expect all of the nfl teams to follow suit. I would expect that any large gatherings, like concerts, will require the same thing. You prove it by using the NYS Excelsior App which after creating an account will have your vaccine passport on it.  You will be required to show that upon entry to get in. Private entities are going to put pressure on the public to get the vaccine so they can remain open at full capacity and return to normal business. This is just the beginning. 

I am super for this kind of sh*t. I realize it’s invasive, but if I’m a private entity and I can guarantee the consumer that every person you encounter while inside my venue has the vaccine, I know I’m hitting a massive target market and can also charge a premium for my vigilance. I will alienate a few hillbillies, but I never wanted those poors to represent my business in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Keep in mind this is not a vaccine mandate. It's a private business not allowing entry without it.  Same thing as no shoes no service. Not of your freedoms are being taken away. 

It’s hard to argue that “government” is mandating this when it’s going to be private businesses driving the “no shot/no shoes/no service” mandate for the next year (at minimum). I just talked to a dude who went to South Beach for a wedding and he said that every establishment he went to was 100 times more vigilant about masks than any business in Connecticut has been, which is interesting considering how much Florida has been portrayed as being loosey-goosey with the rules

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Keep in mind this is not a vaccine mandate. It's a private business not allowing entry without it.  Same thing as no shoes no service. Not of your freedoms are being taken away. 

Its a politician allowing it in Erie county.  Its not like a private business saying now shoes no, service, is it?

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

People can do what they want, but if you think I'm going to have
a team dictate my health decisions your crazy.  On top of that
who in the world would trust their health records being passed 
around on the internet on an app.  I'm sure nothing could go
wrong with that.  In closing I've got two words for you:

"Tuskegee Project"

Do people actually not realize it is not even intended to stop the spread lol. It is only intended use is to suffer lesser symptoms....allegedly. I place blame squarely on our pathetic media class, sports included. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s hard to argue that “government” is mandating this when it’s going to be private businesses driving the “no shot/no shoes/no service” mandate for the next year (at minimum). I just talked to a dude who went to South Beach for a wedding and he said that every establishment he went to was 100 times more vigilant about masks than any business in Connecticut has been, which is interesting considering how much Florida has been portrayed as being loosey-goosey with the rules

Those damn Connecticut hillbillies! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna go ahead and rep this post due to not having seen the phrase loosey-goosey used in years.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its a politician allowing it in Erie county.  Its not like a private business saying now shoes no, service, is it?

The Bills don't have to follow what he said, they're a private business. They're choosing to follow the recommendation. So it is the same thing

19 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

Do people actually not realize it is not even intended to stop the spread lol. It is only intended use is to suffer lesser symptoms....allegedly. I place blame squarely on our pathetic media class, sports included. 

You couldn't be more wrong. If you get the vaccine they have determined that even if you get Covid you will not be capable of spreading it. Oh and you won't die.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KRL said:

People can do what they want, but if you think I'm going to have
a team dictate my health decisions your crazy.  On top of that
who in the world would trust their health records being passed 
around on the internet on an app.  I'm sure nothing could go
wrong with that.  In closing I've got two words for you:

"Tuskegee Project"

So this is what it looks like. There is no medical information on it. It has less info on it then a drivers license. 187472202_Screenshot_20210413-190203_NYSWallet.thumb.jpg.edf419cd00acc5b0fb344243bebf962e.jpg

I need some help understanding the massive push to get the vaccine. I had Covid. I had the most mild sniffles that wouldnt have ever registered with me  as covid if not for someone I was in contact testing positive. 

here’s my question, either the vaccine works or it doesn’t. If you have gotten it, your safe, why the hell does it matter if I get it to you? Does it stop spreading or stop symptoms?

if it stops spreading, who cares if I have it if you have it because you can’t get it. If it doesn’t stop spreading and only stops symptoms, what do you care if I get it or not because it won’t stop me from spreading. 

im only a hillbilly so someone who is a well educated city slicker please edubucate me on this 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So this is what it looks like. There is no medical information on it. It has less info on it then a drivers license. 187472202_Screenshot_20210413-190203_NYSWallet.thumb.jpg.edf419cd00acc5b0fb344243bebf962e.jpg

As the efficacy is shown to last longer the expiration date will increase. 2 weeks ago they hit the 6 month mark with 91% efficacy. 

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I need some help understanding the massive push to get the vaccine. I had Covid. I had the most mild sniffles that wouldnt have ever registered with me  as covid if not for someone I was in contact testing positive. 

here’s my question, either the vaccine works or it doesn’t. If you have gotten it, your safe, why the hell does it matter if I get it to you? Does it stop spreading or stop symptoms?

if it stops spreading, who cares if I have it if you have it because you can’t get it. If it doesn’t stop spreading and only stops symptoms, what do you care if I get it or not because it won’t stop me from spreading. 

im only a hillbilly so someone who is a well educated city slicker please edubucate me on this 

You only have antibodies for at most 90 days passed having Covid. After that you're not protected. 

And the vaccine is to protect everybody else from you, not just yourself. Just like a mask. That's the last I'll say on it bc I'm sure you've heard all of that before. Also, businesses have a responsibility to provide a safe working environment and this will ensure that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I'm not getting one and I'm not being political cause I'm not the least bit interested in telling anyone else what to do. What happens to a season ticket holder who says no?

I would assume you'd get a refund since they're changing their policy. This is going to be a good opportunity for people who could never get season tickets to do so. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

You only have antibodies for at most 90 days passed having Covid. After that you're not protected. 

And the vaccine is to protect everybody else from you, not just yourself. Just like a mask. That's the last I'll say on it bc I'm sure you've heard all of that before.

How does it protect others from me if it doesn’t stop spreading?