**Jets Minicamp 6/15**

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

The vibe on this team is SO different. I dont know if its the amount of young players, or the new staff, or the specific personalities of folks like Wilson and Moore, but the amount of cross interaction amongst the team and tone (just familial siliness) is eerily positive. 

Even the fact that yesterday you had folks on the defense posting a picture of Zach on their IG Stories yesterday, is wild to me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My wish for today is to hear that Denzel Mims dominated practice and was catching balls all over in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s.  This kid is too big and talented to be falling down the depth chart.

There were serious red flags with Mims last year that our fans wilfully ignored. I came away pretty unimpressed and I'm not surprised at all to see him struggling to get first team reps.

I'm just glad Douglas didn't do what some fans advocated for and let him walk into the #2 spot unchallenged. He should have to earn it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

The vibe on this team is SO different. I dont know if its the amount of young players, or the new staff, or the specific personalities of folks like Wilson and Moore, but the amount of cross interaction amongst the team and tone (just familial siliness) is eerily positive. 

Even the fact that yesterday you had folks on the defense posting a picture of Zach on their IG Stories yesterday, is wild to me. 

We all tend to get hyped up and think this is the year and things are different, but I really honestly sense it too and it is not just the homer in me. And it seems to me that Saleh and Zach are the reason. Zach has a magnetic personality and so much skill that you already sense he is not only a favorite but the leader of the team. Plus, all of the young guys (most of the team) are getting every chance to make their mak and that is bringing them all together. After Sanchez, Geno and Sam we I think can all recognize the warning signs of a rookie QB and Zach so far is not showing any of that.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Couldn’t agree more. This entire group, from Woody to Saleh and the players, seems to love being around one another. In recent years I didn’t care to see any Jets social media content. This offseason I’ve been loving it. Dinners, hockey and basketball games out together, tons of joking and laughing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They did get a TV show.  It's called ER.

Am I doing this right?  This sort of thing isn't my M.O.

I googled, because I was worried both of those guys were born after that show was already off the air, making us all very old.

It wasn't.  But, Quinnen Williams was born during season 4.  Becton during season 5.

I'm actually surprised that show's *ONLY* been off the air 12 years.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not surprised either.  The starting receivers for this team will be Davis and Moore on the outside and Crowder in the slot.  Mims, Cole and Berrios will be the backups.

Very disappointed in Mims.

Disagree. First it's June 15.  Second, Moore is a slot receiver. Third, it's too early to give up on Mims.  I would guess it will be Davis and Mims/Cole as the x and z with Moore in the slot. Crowder is now the back up slot receiver.  

Give Mims some time to play. He missed all of training camp last season and then was in the black hole of a GAs offense with Darnold as QB.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2