Jump to content

The Dead Zone: June-July


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Not a word from Woody.  Seriously, not a single word.

Woody Johnson asks to stick to football after years away from Jets

USATSI_9781120.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
 

 

“If we could stick to football questions that would be great,” Johnson said in his first NFL media appearance in years, per the Daily News.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He can ask that questions are only related to football but if you are an ambassador of the United States a job you willingly accepted and you did some inappropriate or questionable things during your time in that position you can and should be held accountable for your actions and if the questions make you feel uncomfortable too dam bad and if you didn’t do anything improper then you have nothing to worry about Sell the team if you don’t want to be in the public eye 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

One other thing…

  • I would love for the Packers to trade Aaron Rodgers to the Texans just out of spite.  Enough of that creeps’ whining.

Straight up for DeShaun “peek-a-boo penis” Watson. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

It’s that time of year again.  OTAs are done and we’re waiting for training camp to begin.  I remember what it was like before this world wide web internet thing came about.  I’d check the NY Post every day for updates on the Jets and I would see the same picture under the same article every day for a month.  Not anymore!  Now we know what every player is doing every minute of every day.  So what do I want to hear for the next six week?  

  • Every player is using the Uber account the team has given them and no one is driving!
  • Joe Douglas is busy signing Moses to play RT.
  • Not a word from Woody.  Seriously, not a single word.
  • Zach has his receivers in Utah for a week and proves to all he will be the greatest QB named Wilson the Jets have ever had.
  • Becton will be eating so much fish he’ll develop a craving for worms!
  • The Seahawks realize their blunder and part ways with Jamal Adams.  Adams then takes the highest offer he gets and signs with the Montreal Alouettes to be their staring LB/QB/K/PR.
  • Every player comes to training camp healthy and ready to play.  

 I'm right there with ya! 

In the late 90s early 2000s I used to buy the post and the Daily News every day just to read the sports section. Newsday was more about girls lacrosse in high school sports it was a joke.

You forgot to add in that rag sheet from Dan Leberfeld the Jets Confidential, and his Whispers when jonesing for info this time of the year LOL! So-and-So is the type of player Herm Edwards likes. Vomit!!!!

Not to hurt anybody's feelings but I absolutely loathe baseball. I'm not much of an NBA fan. I'll play just about any sport but who the hell wants to watch golf or tennis on TV?

At least we still have some hockey left, and depending on what time of night you're up and what channel you're watching you can catch some good boxing matches.

 Looking forward to training camp.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thread title.  Sadly many posters have already derailed it.   

A few days ago someone commented that there were 100 days to go....geesh I immediately became depressed; these here doldrums suk. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson asks to stick to football after years away from Jets

USATSI_9781120.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
June 17, 2021 7:30 am ET
 

Woody Johnson would like to stick to football after four years away from football.

That was the Jets owner’s request Wednesday when he spoke to team beat reporters for the first time since he left the organization after the 2016 season. Johnson was appointed the United States ambassador to the United Kingdom by former President Donald Trump and left the Jets in the hands of his younger brother, Christopher. The elder Johnson vacated his post following President Joe Biden’s win over Trump in the 2020 election.

Johnson’s time as ambassador was marred by allegations of corruptionon behalf of Trump, as well as accusations that he made racist and sexistremarks while in the role. Those stories broke in July 2020.

Johnson was in more of a mood to discuss his return and the new-look Jets on Wednesday. But when asked about the allegations, he said, per NJ.com, that they “were looked at at the highest levels of the State Department. The office of civil rights conducted an extensive survey of all of the allegations and concluded that none of it was substantiated. None of it. There is a letter to that effect, there are documents, which is what I suspected.”

The State Department’s Office of Inspector General concluded in August 2020 that Johnson “sometimes made inappropriate or insensitive comments on topics generally considered Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)-sensitive, such as religion, sex, or color.”

That was not the only time Johnson’s tenure as ambassador was brought up.

Asked if he regretted working for a president who continues to lie about the election being stolen, Johnson made his plea.

“If we could stick to football questions that would be great,” Johnson said in his first NFL media appearance in years, per the Daily News.

Trump’s lies about the 2020 election fueled the attack on the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Insurgent Trump supporters stormed the building, disrupting the certification of Biden’s November victory.

Johnson, a Trump donor before becoming ambassador, did issue a lengthy statement condemning the violence a few days later. However, he did not acknowledge the former president’s role in inciting the riot.

 

Now Johnson is trying to keep the focus on football while dodging questions about his tumultuous, taxpayer-costing, diplomatic stint. That applies just as much to the questions he chooses to answer as it does the Jets-centric tweets he now loves to compose.

What Johnson’s potential, and then impending, return to the Jets would look like was an area of speculation from the time his term began. He is now back in the driver’s seat with the final say on all things Gang Green. But with his brother, Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh now playing large roles in New York’s leadership, Johnson is comfortable giving them plenty of space to operate in his post-ambassador years.

“They’ve got a lot of leeway,” said Johnson, who added that it was an honor to serve as ambassador. “They’re running the personnel, players and staff. So they’ve got a tremendous amount of leeway. I couldn’t be more excited. I think I’m very optimistic generally, but particularly optimistic now.”

I was under the impression this was a politics free board.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

I was under the impression this was a politics free board.

You are correct I deleted all the politics in the post. 

I posted this just to show @BettyBoop who posted 

  • Not a word from Woody.  Seriously, not a single word.

If we could stick to football questions that would be great,” Johnson said in his first NFL media appearance in years, per the Daily News.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoy watching the Tour de France. I started watching because it fit into the dead zone.  Started to enjoy it and now I love it.  Once it ends, summer camps are about to start

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I always enjoy watching the Tour de France. I started watching because it fit into the dead zone.  Started to enjoy it and now I love it.  Once it ends, summer camps are about to start

Tour de France is amazing. Maybe this is the year the 5th Panzer Division’s record will finally be broken.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It’s that time of year again.  OTAs are done and we’re waiting for training camp to begin.  I remember what it was like before this world wide internet web thing came about.  I’d check the NY Post every day for updates on the Jets and I would see the same picture under the same article every day for a month.  Not anymore!  Now we know what every player is doing every minute of every day.  So what do I want to hear for the next six week?  

  • Every player is using the Uber account the team has given them and no one is driving!
  • Joe Douglas is busy signing Moses to play RT.
  • Not a word from Woody.  Seriously, not a single word.
  • Zach has his receivers in Utah for a week and proves to all he will be the greatest QB named Wilson the Jets have ever had.
  • Becton will be eating so much fish he’ll develop a craving for worms!
  • The Seahawks realize their blunder and part ways with Jamal Adams.  Adams then takes the highest offer he gets and signs with the Montreal Alouettes to be their staring LB/QB/K/PR.
  • Every player comes to training camp healthy and ready to play.  

Wish I could double emoji this comment!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 I'm right there with ya! 

In the late 90s early 2000s I used to buy the post and the Daily News every day just to read the sports section. Newsday was more about girls lacrosse in high school sports it was a joke.

You forgot to add in that rag sheet from Dan Leberfeld the Jets Confidential, and his Whispers when jonesing for info this time of the year LOL! So-and-So is the type of player Herm Edwards likes. Vomit!!!!

Not to hurt anybody's feelings but I absolutely loathe baseball. I'm not much of an NBA fan. I'll play just about any sport but who the hell wants to watch golf or tennis on TV?

At least we still have some hockey left, and depending on what time of night you're up and what channel you're watching you can catch some good boxing matches.

 Looking forward to training camp.

Baseball RULES. What are you a communist?  Agree with tennis though. Really sucks now but was great back in the day of McEnroe and Bjorg. Although some of these guys today might even be better. It just lost something. Love hockey. Been watching it since I was 6 back in the 60’s. Coolest game on Earth!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jgb said:

Let’s debate Geno again to fill the time

He sucks

No one should wear #7 ever again 

Waste of a pick 

Worst backup QB in NFL

Great sparring partner 

On the all time Worst Jets list 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CSNY said:

He can ask that questions are only related to football but if you are an ambassador of the United States a job you willingly accepted and you did some inappropriate or questionable things during your time in that position you can and should be held accountable for your actions and if the questions make you feel uncomfortable too dam bad and if you didn’t do anything improper then you have nothing to worry about Sell the team if you don’t want to be in the public eye 

Absolutely no hard evidence he did anything inappropriate.  THe only evidence anyone can bring forth is the same evidence I can provide against you.   
 

Too much fake news in 2021 and too many who don’t know how to decipher 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Absolutely no hard evidence he did anything inappropriate.  THe only evidence anyone can bring forth is the same evidence I can provide against you.   
 

Too much fake news in 2021 and too many who don’t know how to decipher 

You are fake news. I don’t believe one word of this. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

He sucks

No one should wear #7 ever again 

Waste of a pick 

Worst backup QB in NFL

Great sparring partner 

On the all time Worst Jets list 

The defenses for Geno were nearly identical to those for Darnold. Cut and paste arguments.

-still young

-no weaponz

-bad line

-idiot coach (offensively)

blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately for Geno, he’s also a very unlikeable human being.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Absolutely no hard evidence he did anything inappropriate.  THe only evidence anyone can bring forth is the same evidence I can provide against you.   
 

Too much fake news in 2021 and too many who don’t know how to decipher 

Then he should have no problem discussing that situation if he did nothing improper 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Then he should have no problem discussing that situation if he did nothing improper 

He did.  Not much one can say about fabrications.  Can you?

 

"The Office of Civil Rights conducted an extensive survey and all of the allegations and concluded that none of it was substantiated,” Johnson said. “None of it.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He did.  Not much one can say about fabrications.  Can you?

 

"The Office of Civil Rights conducted an extensive survey and all of the allegations and concluded that none of it was substantiated,” Johnson said. “None of it.”

 

That’s all he had to say is to read the report as it has been Investigated and found no impropriety then that’s fine I  have no issues with it   To say he doesn’t want to discuss it  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Every player is using the Uber account the team has given them and no one is driving!

Maps are handed out and a slide presentation given stating which tunnel is one-way into the city and out of the city and which avenues are one-way uptown and downtown. 
 

Also a teaching on recognizing “Drag Queens” and hookers. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

The defenses for Geno were nearly identical to those for Darnold. Cut and paste arguments.

-still young

-no weaponz

-bad line

-idiot coach (offensively)

blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately for Geno, he’s also a very unlikeable human being.

Geno Smith won 12 games Sam Darnold won 13.

How about they both sucked. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

there's no such thing as a summer dead zone with JetBlue

how about a trip to Cabo? Get that Wabo going? 

JetBlue has announced new direct routes JFK/LAX to Los Cabos!

“With demand for travel the strongest it’s been in more than a year, our new nonstop flights between the East and West Coasts and Los Cabos are perfectly timed for customers looking for a much-needed escape this summer,”

– Andrea Lusso, VP Network Planning, JetBlue, via statement.

Have a JetBlue summer everyone

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I was under the impression this was a politics free board.
I'm sure that wasn't about politics...he did some questionable shyt over there. Not politics related, he just doesn't want to answer questions about it now that he is home.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
He sucks
No one should wear #7 ever again 
Waste of a pick 
Worst backup QB in NFL
Great sparring partner 
On the all time Worst Jets list 
Are you kidding...he made the never before have you seen this from a qb in the NFL all time list. A list that includes many illustrious moments such as....

Eating a hot dog on the sidelines
Getting mono
Running into a lineman's arse
Getting caught texting dk pics
Getting tossed off flights for his behavior

You get the idea....nobody else has qb's like the Jets.

The qb's we draft always make a name for themselves and are always famous for the wrong reasons.

Time for that shyt to change rook. Get known for a God damn ring.

Sorry, rant over

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.



  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This time of year scares me every season. It's when guys go to the wrong parties, bars, hang out with vampires with mono, go speeding in luxury cars with guns, weed and kids in cars, etc. 

As said above - give them an Uber account on the house, their own happy ending masseuse, an Xbox, and pray that they don't mess up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...