Moses... What would you Offer ?

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

3 years cuttable after 2 years with an annual salary between $7-10m.

I think he will not come to the Jets for a deal that can cut him after 2 years.  He will want a 4 year deal, with the 4th year at the Jets option.   I say $32 Million dollar 4 year deal with $20M guaranteed. 8 Million per year.  If the Jets cut him after year 2, then the Jets owe him $4 M in dead money. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

I think he will not come to the Jets for a deal that can cut him after 2 years.  He will want a 4 year deal, with the 4th year at the Jets option.   I say $32 Million dollar 4 year deal with $20M guaranteed. 8 Million per year.  If the Jets cut him after year 2, then the Jets owe him $4 M in dead money. 

It sounded like only 2 teams were really in on Moses:  The Jets and Bears.  Do you think Chicago is willing to offer him a 4-year deal?  If they are not, then a 3-year deal is the most that is available to him, no?

Even if the Bears CAN offer Moses a 4-year deal, they only have $5M in cap space currently.  I just don't see Moses having many options than taking the max deal the Jets can offer, or just waiting until some other team's RT gets hurt.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

i got pretty pumped last week when espn reporters tweeted we were close to a deal - i guess it was his agents fake news to try and gin up the market from other suitors - if we were really close it would be a done by now - not sure it will happen

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

With you. I suspect we do not land him. But I am not sure we are done making moves at OL. I can still see a first rounder next year on OL next year as well.

3 yrs $27 million, $6 million Signing bonus, $18 million fully guaranteed

2021: $5 million base (fully guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $7 million cap hit

2022: $7 million base (fully guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $9 million cap hit

2023 $9 million base (none guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $11 million cap hit, $9 million in savings if released.

JD has been very strategic in his contract structures to not go passed 2 years without an easy out but if they want Moses to sign they'll give him significant guarantees the first 2 years with an out after that. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It sounded like only 2 teams were really in on Moses:  The Jets and Bears.  Do you think Chicago is willing to offer him a 4-year deal?  If they are not, then a 3-year deal is the most that is available to him, no?

Even if the Bears CAN offer Moses a 4-year deal, they only have $5M in cap space currently.  I just don't see Moses having many options than taking the max deal the Jets can offer, or just waiting until some other team's RT gets hurt.

I didn't realize that the Bears were the only other team interested in Moses.

Unfortunately that complicates matters, and now I can understand why it is taking so long to get a deal done.

JD has the leverage here, and therefore, is trying to squeeze Moses into a deal more friendly to the Jets.  

I do believe that the Bears would offer Moses a 4 year deal, with getting out of the deal after 3 years, but they obviously don't have the funds this year to make him a significant offer for the first year.

I believe that my proposal is a good one, in that even if the Jets want to get rid of Moses after 2 years, they still only owe him $4M for the 3rd year, and nothing for year #4.  Perhaps if the Jets reduced my proposal to a 4 year deal, with a $18M guarantee.  8 M in years 1 and 2, and a cap hit of $2M for year #3 if the Jets released Moses after year #2.  That would make the deal more palatable to the Jets if they only have to eat $2M after year 2 if they let him go.  If Moses continues to play at a high level, then the Jets certainly would want to keep him at least for the first 3 years of the deal.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ncjetman said:

i got pretty pumped last week when espn reporters tweeted we were close to a deal - i guess it was his agents fake news to try and gin up the market from other suitors - if we were really close it would be a done by now - not sure it will happen

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

With you. I suspect we do not land him. But I am not sure we are done making moves at OL. I can still see a first rounder next year on OL next year as well.

Douglas probably knows Moses' options are the Jets or waiting for a team whose RT gets hurt.  So he's possibly/probably setting a line in the sand and waiting for Moses to blink first, while Moses and his agent gets confirmation elsewhere that that's the best he's going to get at the moment.

Not too concerned about the wait.  There's no real rush.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Butterfield said:

7-9 million?  I think he gets more than that.  Probably 3 years, 30 million or so.  George Fant already makes 9 million or so, and this guy is supposed to supplant him.  

674EC0A2-8425-4DF6-A8DA-8D3466DDCDC1.jpeg

If they sign Moses I’d expect Fant to be offered a pay cut to stay as back up, similar to Crowder.  I’d expect Moses to get a similar contract to Fants, although the shrunken cap has impacted these scenarios, with less teams able to spend.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, choon328 said:

3 yrs $27 million, $6 million Signing bonus, $18 million fully guaranteed

2021: $5 million base (fully guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $7 million cap hit

2022: $7 million base (fully guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $9 million cap hit

2023 $9 million base (none guaranteed), $2 million pro rated bonus, $11 million cap hit, $9 million in savings if released.

JD has been very strategic in his contract structures to not go passed 2 years without an easy out but if they want Moses to sign they'll give him significant guarantees the first 2 years with an out after that. 

If Douglas is going to offer anything near that, then back in May why not throw a 2023 7th rounder to Washington and get Moses for $7.75MM with $0 guaranteed? It's not much, but it's more than WFT got for cutting him.

Then after or during this season, after seeing on the field that he's the good match they hope, Douglas could then either extend Moses or recoup probably a 5th round comp pick.

Now he needs a multi-year contract, potentially with >1 yr guaranteed? The other scenario would've been better.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If Douglas is going to offer anything near that, then why not throw a 2023 7th rounder to Washington and get Moses for $7.75MM with $0 guaranteed? It's not much, but it's more than WFT got for cutting him.

Then after or during this season, after seeing on the field that he's the good match they hope, Douglas can either extend Moses or recoup probably a 5th round comp pick?

Hmmmm Macc would be jealous. Always thinking like a GM. Nice! 

• Sympathy 1