Moses Signing 1 yr deal with Jets

Would've been great if they added a team option for 22.

Looks like he's taking a year to see if he likes the team and system before committing to a second and/or third year.

If nothing else, he adds to the comp game.

I see absolutely no downside to adding quality depth to fortify the line.

GREAT move by JD!  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Moses had some negotiating power.  Nice to see a guy willing to bet on himself.  We should get a lot out of him.

Who does this impact most on the OLine?  McDermott, Edoga?  One of the 7 guys competing for Right Guard?

Somebody who would have made this roster now won't.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Moses had some negotiating power.  Nice to see a guy willing to bet on himself.  We should get a lot out of him.

Who does this impact most on the OLine?  McDermott, Edoga?  One of the 7 guys competing for Right Guard?

Somebody who would have made this roster now won't.

Goodbye to Edoga and another Mac wasted pick

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Alka said:

I am happy that he signed with us, but what's with this one-year deal?  It seems very unusual to me.  It's not like he needs to prove himself, since he played well up until now.

He does have to prove himself, why doesn't he?

And there is a draft next season 

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That seems really cheap for a Tackle that was rated something like 18th overall.

What am I missing?

Is almost July and he had no leverage. Most teams are set by now on the offensive line. 

• Upvote 3

Anything that prevents the likes of Edoga/Mcdoormat seeing the field I'm all for. Now they only have options at tackle. Fant can play either tackle spot and Vera-Tucker can kick out to left tackle. Expect McGovern to take a step forward given the fact he doesn't have to worry about helping the left side. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I am happy that he signed with us, but what's with this one-year deal?  It seems very unusual to me.  It's not like he needs to prove himself, since he played well up until now.

That was my first thought too. My guess is that, while there was Market for him, I'm thinking the salary offers weren't what he's looking for. There are MUCH better teams than the Jets that could use a T like him. 

Salary cap is low this year, teams are strapped. We know JD is frugal with his money and I doubt he was offering anything multi-year that Moses thinks he's worth. My best guess is he took a 1 year deal with a team he will most definitely start for, he'll go out there motivated af to cash in on a multi-year deal next offseason when teams have more money. 

Id be happy if he has him for multiple years but he is going to be motivated as hell for that next contract next year. I see no chance he doesn't outplay and start in front of Fant, who already cashed in on a multi year deal that he wasn't worth 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

He may have wanted the one year deal to have a shot at FA next year. He had little leverage this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup. With the cap as low as it is this year he’s better off betting on himself and if he plays well Jets can offer him something long term during the season.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Wilson has the wall & weaponz. No excuses. 

Could have had Watson playing behind this line and with these weapons if it wasn't for his proclivity for penile escapades. 

We didnt draft Watson and we weren't trading for Watson.  

Be thankful, he could have been traded to the fish

• Upvote 1