Where are all the Stafford haters?

Bronx

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Remember how smart we felt for not getting Kirk Cousins and drafting Darnold...

So many thought that signing Cousins, drafting Nelson at #6 and hanging on to those 2nd round picks would be a catastrophe…

I never understood it

It seemed like everyone was complaining about the guaranteed money with Cousins. Then we ended up dishing out damn near as much in guarantees between Trumaine Johnson and C.J. Mosley.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So many thought that signing Cousins, drafting Nelson at #6 and hanging on to those 2nd round picks would be a catastrophe…

I never understood it

It seemed like everyone was complaining about the guaranteed money with Cousins. Then we ended up dishing out damn near as much in guarantees between Trumaine Johnson and C.J. Mosley.

I think the maximum upside with Cousins was probably capped... But man, after watching what we've watched for the last 3+ days I would gladly sign up for offensive competence.

I'm a little confused. 
What does Stafford have to do with the Jets? He didn't want to come here. The Lions worked with him to send him to LA.
I think the most relevant thing is that it's often not the QB's fault when a team sucks; it's usually the team's fault.

But still we think that we just need to draft the right QB and all our troubles will vanish.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I think the most relevant thing is that it's often not the QB's fault when a team sucks; it's usually the team's fault.

But still we think that we just need to draft the right QB and all our troubles will vanish.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sure... But the OP frames it like the Jets chose Wilson over Stafford. Clearly the Jets were never in on Stafford.

46 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I never understood it

Cousins here is Neil O'Donnell 2.0.  Granted the other side effects mentioned would have been better.

Yes, after the JD failure and inevitable acceptance of ZW's bust...

Woody wil take over and revert to the old way - all overpaid contracts, veteran QB's...and build teams designed to be competitive but never good enough to win a championship.

We'll get in the playoffs every 4 or 5 years and the fans will be happy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, after the JD failure and inevitable acceptance of ZW's bust...

Woody wil take over and revert to the old way - all overpaid contracts, veteran QB's...and build teams designed to be competitive but never good enough to win a championship.

We'll get in the playoffs every 4 or 5 years and the fans will be happy.  

There were more enticing options out there, starting with the support of Darnold, trading down, etc. Zach Wilson is tossing Salad right now. 

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Rams' Stafford throws for 4 TDs, outduels Brady and Bucs. 3-0 start, too much logic for the Jets.

crap article - Stafford on this team would be as bad or worse than Zack. His body probably doesn't bounce back the way a younger kid does. Rams has a good team; only needed a QB and a few other pieces - not true here. Plus could you see Stafford taking direction from LePuke? It would be like Farve and Shotty? (i don't remember). Farve was like, F that, this is what i am doing. And then he would retire in week 6 after getting beat up too bad.

Besides, can you see Stafford coming here? It would be, 'why leave Detroit for this?'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Let's see what he does in the playoffs. Having regular season stats has never been his issue. His playoff performances have been.

Not that bad, just 3 games.

2 pretty good, 1 bad.  He was just on poor teams that didn't make the playoffs that often.

stafford.PNG

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And then when it matters most fold, time and time again.

Stafford and cousins will never win a SB. 

MOST Qb will never win a super bowl, winning a super bowl requires a good team, without a good QB both of which Stafford and cousins are, you have even less of a chance to win.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No one wants to pay them...

But no one wants terrible QB play...

Kinda odd. 

I can only speak for myself but I didn't want guys like that because they make no difference on a team like the Jets...those guys would be options for a team that's not a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1