Are the Jets lost?

Maxman

2 confirmed disaster GM hires, now followed by a third who is being rightfully questioned.

An owner who leaves his team to be an ambassador and turns team over to less accomplished brother.   

Lost almost every recent 1st round pick to personnel issues and we ask if the Jets are lost????

Not had a decent QB in over 10 years, arguably some will say 20   

I assumed it was obvious.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

I think the team Is to young and not tracking on a complicated system. Seems they are so focused on running the right route they are forgetting fundamentals and where your drops are coming.

Saleh and LaFlour need to back off the system gospel BS a bit and dumb it down slightly. It’s about winning ball games.

I think there’s a lot to fix and don’t think Davis dropping a few passes is the sole fault of the team. It seems much deeper.

TN game will tell us a lot 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Greenbean is back, working his way through a corn maze.  Which is a good way to describe the Jets season so far.

better would be if he was in a public bathroom and kept dunking his head in a toilet......that would be a more accurate representation of the jets season

• Haha 2

Other than drafting Joe Namath and having that work out during a different era, we've haven't done anything through the draft.  The 3 good teams we had were with Parcells and a bunch of 'his guys' and Rex with 'his guys'.  And as soon as 'those guys' stopped dominating, the bottom dropped out, there was no pipeline of new players, and we sucked again. 

This rebuild is supposed to be the one where we build that pipeline.  Nothing will change out there no matter how much we bitch.  Let's see how they look by week 8.  Who knows, maybe they play well on Sunday?  It's only game 4 of the 2021 season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Are they lost? Hopelessly. They are an embarrassment.

I started a thread earlier this week explaining why I’m done watching them. It’s a lot easier living 700 miles from NY.

57 years with this team, and I can think of maybe 10 that I enjoyed. If they ever put a respectable team together, I’ll pay attention. Until then I’m going to sit home, watch my local team (Panthers) every week. 
No stress… if the Panthers win, great. If not? What do I care? Then watch the National games… pick a team to root for, and move on to next week. ?

3 weeks in with this plan, and it’s going great. No agita watching this expansion level mess. I come here, commiserate with all of you, but I’m blissfully detached from the misery.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Wit said:

This was never more than a 4-6 win team at best. They aren’t even playing like that right now, but this is a rebuild and it takes time. 

Year 3.. people are so impatient. Douglas needs 6 years to turn this around. You don't have to look far to find a successful 'rebuild' in the NFL that took more than 3 years. Just look at the teams that went from bad to good and they all hung onto to those guys for more than 3 years..

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Are they lost? Hopelessly. They are an embarrassment.

I started a thread earlier this week explaining why I’m done watching them. It’s a lot easier living 700 miles from NY.

57 years with this team, and I can think of maybe 10 that I enjoyed. If they ever put a respectable team together, I’ll pay attention. Until then I’m going to sit home, watch my local team (Panthers) every week. 
No stress… if they win, great. If not? What do I care? Then watch the National games… pick a team to root for, and move on to next week. ?

3 weeks in with this plan, and it’s going great. No agita watching this expansion level mess. I come here, commiserate with all of you, but I’m blissfully detached from the misery.

You wont watch but you’ll post here to whine about them?

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If lost means they will be competing for a super bowl in 2023 w/ douglas, saleh and lafleur leading the charge then yes.

We all look to find inner peace, and if your way is to believe in this latest segment of the Jets never ending rebuild, good for you. Sit back this year and next, watch them grow together and improve. Or not.
Then do it again with the next regime. Whatever works for you.
You’re a good fan, and I get a kick out of your posts. It’s great that you’re all in. Wish I could say the same.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You wont watch but you’ll post here to whine about them?

I like to refer to it as “commenting on their plan, and their play” I’m not the whiny type, when they’re bad I say it.

I don’t find solace in ignoring results, and believing this GM and staff are going to turn it all around here. You do, that’s swell.
Enjoy the process, my friend. All gas, no brakes!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Year 3.. people are so impatient. Douglas needs 6 years to turn this around. You don't have to look far to find a successful 'rebuild' in the NFL that took more than 3 years. Just look at the teams that went from bad to good and they all hung onto to those guys for more than 3 years..

its really not year 3

he came too late in 2019 to do anything really. no draft no FA period. this is his 2nd draft and FA. this is year 2.

he got hired in June 2019. so he really is only here 2 year 4 months. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

This was never more than a 4-6 win team at best. They aren’t even playing like that right now, but this is a rebuild and it takes time. 

Rebuilds in the modern NFL can be done in 1-2 seasons by people that know what they're doing. This isn't a rebuild. It's just another GM that thinks he is smarter than everyone else and is horrible at his job.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rebuilds in the modern NFL can be done in 1-2 seasons by people that know what they're doing. This isn't a rebuild. It's just another GM that thinks he is smarter than everyone else and is horrible at his job.

How do I take anything you say seriously if you claim that this isn't a rebuild?

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

How do I take anything you say seriously if you claim that this isn't a rebuild. 

A rebuild implies we are actually building something here. That we are bad now but have building blocks to get better and something to look forward to as we take our lumps now. The GM sucks, cant draft, signs back ups and journeymen to starter contracts and the team is bad and there is almost 0 talent on the roster while we waste all the draft resources.

What are we building here? What progress has this team showed?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You can keep pushing this all you want, doesn't make it true. 

He is in year 3. His contract states that. 

He may have not handled FA and the draft his first year but he had his fingerprints on plenty of sh*tty moves that year as well. 

2019 Joe Douglas Moves

- Signed Ryan Griffin (Crap and gave contract extension)

- Signed Ryan Kalil (Mega Crap and not on team)

- Traded for Alex Lewis (Crap and not on team)

- Traded for Nate Hairston (Mega crap and not on team)

- Claimed Kare Vedvick (Remember that doozy? ULTRA mega crap.. also not on team)

- Signed Sam Ficken (Crap and not on team)

- Signed Demaryius Thomas (Crap and not on team)

- Signed Luke Falk (Crap and not on team)

- Signed David Fales (Crap and not on team)

- Waived Kelechi Osemele (Half Crap but better than any OL he has brought in...)

- Traded Leo Williams (Necessary but had a career year and JD subsequently wasted the 3rd rounder on Ashytn Davis, and MC2 is still too early to tell)

...The myth that Joe Douglas didnt have anything to do with 2019 is a completely fabricated story. As a matter of fact, he had quite a bit to do with it. 

Jimmy Fallon Thank You GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

The offense is undoubtedly lost.  LaFleur has failed to implement his scheme, which sucks by the way.

The Shanghai offense that LaFluer was brought here to implement hardly sucks.  It got Atlanta to a SB that they should have won, SF to a SB, turned Rodgers career along with GB around.
Because it hasn’t worked here yet doesn’t erase the fact that wherever it’s gone it’s been successful.  Where isn’t it working? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The Shanghai offense that LaFluer was brought here to implement hardly sucks.  It got Atlanta to a SB that they should have won, SF to a SB, turned Rodgers career along with GB around.
Because it hasn’t worked here yet doesn’t erase the fact that wherever it’s gone it’s been successful.  Where isn’t it working? 

MetLife Stadium.  ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Last year: Tear Down.  This year: Bare Walls.  Next year: Draft picks and cap space aplenty.  Why do I have to keep repeating this?  This is the plan now.  Gase blew up by sucking so much they couldn't even start his rebuild the first time, so we've now had to restart at the rockiest of bottoms possible.  It's all pointing to next year.  This is building the pipeline.  All the other teams that have 'successful' 'quick' rebuilds generally have the base that the Jets have not had for 25 years or ever.

45 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You can keep pushing this all you want, doesn't make it true. 

He is in year 3. His contract states that. 

He may have not handled FA and the draft his first year but he had his fingerprints on plenty of sh*tty moves that year as well. 

2019 Joe Douglas Moves

- Signed Ryan Griffin (Crap and gave contract extension)

- Signed Ryan Kalil (Mega Crap and not on team)

- Traded for Alex Lewis (Crap and not on team)

- Traded for Nate Hairston (Mega crap and not on team)

- Claimed Kare Vedvick (Remember that doozy? ULTRA mega crap.. also not on team)

- Signed Sam Ficken (Crap and not on team)

- Signed Demaryius Thomas (Crap and not on team)

- Signed Luke Falk (Crap and not on team)

- Signed David Fales (Crap and not on team)

- Waived Kelechi Osemele (Half Crap but better than any OL he has brought in...)

- Traded Leo Williams (Necessary but had a career year and JD subsequently wasted the 3rd rounder on Ashytn Davis, and MC2 is still too early to tell)

...The myth that Joe Douglas didnt have anything to do with 2019 is a completely fabricated story. As a matter of fact, he had quite a bit to do with it. 

3rd and 4th string players, last second desperation attempts after picking up Macc’s mess (Khalil) or Vedvick when Macc s K retired right before the start of the season?  
He’s missed on players, guess what they all do but not one of these listed is a big deal.  4th string, COVID QBS?