Bryce Hall, you animal.

9 hours ago, doitny said:

you know this week is killing the JD haters..LMAO

Nah.

Hall is the only player from his first draft even active.  Well Mims was finally active, but played 10 snaps as a blocker.

I'm very happy to see Hall do well, always liked the pick...But it doesn't change that fact that JD has been a bad GM to date.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.

Hall is the only player from his first draft even active.  Well Mims was finally active, but played 10 snaps as a blocker.

I'm very happy to see Hall do well, always liked the pick...But it doesn't change that fact that JD has been a bad GM to date.

Why don't we wait to see what this young team turns into before claiming him a bad GM. This is the youngest team in the nfl.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.

Then explain to me Huff and Guidry, while they weren't technically drafted they were signed because they weren't.

• Upvote 1

blessian who?  okay so it's still early and there's lots to go this season and, of course, we want these guys to continue to play well for the next 4 seasons.  they're off to a good start.  and it also speaks to the pressure the dline has been able to get in spite of losing lawson and guys like zuniga not coming around.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I claimed this draft sucked ? 

Not you, sort of it read that way.  The people who apparently are in the first year of watching the game who call people busts after 1 or 2 games.  E we have too many of those types

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

Then explain to me Huff and Guidry, while they weren't technically drafted they were signed because they weren't.

I consider UDFAs part of the draft class. They are like 8th round draft picks. You get credit when you hit on a UDFA just as much as you get banged for drafting players who got released after a year. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What's even more impressive if you think about it is with how bad the offense has been the Jets have probably played near the top (or bottom if you prefer) of # of defensive series played so it's even more impressive. More impressive still is that our safeties have been sort of a revolving door and yet the corners are playing fantastic. And it is not just MC2 and Hall but Guidry is playing really well and Echols despite lower PFF grades has been pretty solid.

Not a CB but it's worth noting that Huff is on a rapid ascent playing better each week.

I think our early round needs in the draft will still be offense next year, C, G, T. TE 

I think having no O actually makes it easier on the corners.  Teams aren't pressing, trying to score.  I also question how they rate these stats when teams are playing zone.  This isn't like Revis where you know who he is covering and his assignment, but they certainly have looked good.

49 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Imagine if like 5 or 6 of the 2020 picks were playing well? Thats how you PROPERLY build

Need to draft well. This is why we are where we are. Bad picks outside a few

JD would need 2-3 solid draft classes to be competitive.  2021 is looking pretty solid.  2020 less so.  

2020 is not without hope.  They have to work on Becton between the ears.  I would have to think that Mims would be better in a downfield/off platform Wilson game, as opposed to a traditional WCO.  Davis was not good when he played last week, but hopefully he gets better. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.

Davis played too.  Becton, Clark and Mann are on IR.   At least two of them play every available snap when healthy.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

blessian who?  okay so it's still early and there's lots to go this season and, of course, we want these guys to continue to play well for the next 4 seasons.  they're off to a good start.  and it also speaks to the pressure the dline has been able to get in spite of losing lawson and guys like zuniga not coming around.

Exactly, Bless wasn't that good; He wasn't even awful; he was one of the worst CBs in the game.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Imagine if like 5 or 6 of the 2020 picks were playing well? Thats how you PROPERLY build

Need to draft well. This is why we are where we are. Bad picks outside a few

If only they have more than just 20 games to try and achieve your high expectations.  Gosh, the world WOULD be a rosier shade of green!

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I claimed he has been a bad GM to date.  And he has been.  

Who built the team?

now thats fair. calling for his firing before the end of the season is not. iam not saying you said that, i dont remember but most of this board wanted him out last week or at seasons end. 

nobody was singing Halls praises last year. but now he is playing well. maybe the kid just need more than a half a season. and maybe these rookies need more. maybe the remaining 2020 guys need more time too.

and im glad you mentioned built the team and not just the draft. UDFA like Huff and wavier pickups like JFM would have been playing well all year are JD guys. i could mention more, but you can also mention some guys. 

after Sunday JD is looking a hell of alot better.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No im very happy one pick out of 9 is working out though 

Love me some Hall island 

MC2 ....echo.....AVT..... 

oh wait are you talking about 2020? well give it a little more time . Hall didnt come running out of the gate. we could still have Davis and Becton and in 2022 Mims..

[mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention]was all over this back in 2020. Excellent job. He didn’t have any doubts. 

Such a good kid too. Adversity never gets to him. He’s one of those guys that sees it as a gift and something he needs to learn from. He’s a stellar teammate and obviously very talented. I’m happy he’s playing well.
Almost had that pick 6 in London.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

Until he matches up against a top # 1 receiver, it will be hard to tell if he can be a #1 corner.  

This will never happen because he's in a system where's CB's are asked to play zone.

5 weeks in and people still don't know what kind of scheme we run here?