Sam Wilson

Bronx

saleh has said much the same thing.  wilson needs to hit those throws ten outta ten.  and he does have short passes open on nearly every play but chooses to go deeper.  and a number of times he's thrown a little late so the db can catch up or the window close.  and then, of course, when there are times to run and also times to simply throw the ball away.  the sack with 30 seconds left was just bad.  shouldn't have happened.  the good things is these are things he can learn.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This has been the biggest issue with Zach Wilson. He misses way too many easy throws. I don't see how it's not a correctable problem. He's just playing too fast IMO. Settle down, make that throw, and it could be a TD. 

Agree

and correct me if I’m wrong I thought he had good natural accuracy in college?

• Upvote 1

Wilson has been bad.  There is no denying that.  If we are having this same conversation this time next year, Ill be concerned.  Right now, im not concerned in the least.  This is the normal growing pains of any rookie qb outside of the rare few like Justin herbert.

Rare few? You mean like Herbert, Mahomes, Burrow, Mayfield, Jackson, Murray….

Occam’s razor folks. Zach Wilson sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Well, he's here for a while, so set your ******* alarm clock for 2024 and you can wake up and watch again. Jesus ******* Christ

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

Agree

He did.

He'll be fine.  These are little things he needs to clean up and will.  This game is really fast for him right now and has a lot being thrown at him. 

I suspect he's thinking far too much.  Why he's been successful on the off-platform stuff is because he's out of his head.  This will come.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Darnold is actually pin point accurate on these short throws. 

I agree as a rookie Darnold didn't miss tons of easy throws in games. His problem was bone head plays and then the Jets beat the confidence out of him as the seasons and coaching staff wore on, and now he really is a "just hold the forte QB" , until he proves otherwise.......

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I really do think you're confusing good young players now from QB's in their first 5 games.

Moreover, each of those guys were in VERY different situations and different types of QB's.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Darnold makes those throws in general!

So what????

Wilson is a ROOKIE and will get better...

The Truth is we now ride or die with Zach Wilson...

Let's Go Jets!!

This is the simplest throw to make, inexcusable. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wilson has been bad.  There is no denying that.  If we are having this same conversation this time next year, Ill be concerned.  Right now, im not concerned in the least.  This is the normal growing pains of any rookie qb outside of the rare few like Justin herbert.

The guy is showing he doesn't  even have the basics of sound mechanics 

This Is Fine GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He did.

He'll be fine.  These are little things he needs to clean up and will.  This game is really fast for him right now and has a lot being thrown at him. 

I suspect he's thinking far too much.  Why he's been successful on the off-platform stuff is because he's out of his head.  This will come.  

It’s just nuts because this is what he actually did good coming in. Game seems to big for him right now, been nice to let him sit awhile to get use to it but powers that be thought he was ready. Still alot of time in the season but early returns are pretty bleak. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

Agree

He did. That's why this issue should be a correctable one. I know it's cliche but the game probably still needs to slow down for him. He's missing routine throws/check downs that he shouldn't miss. He's short hopping throws on those short passes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Has he made his tuition deposit with Jordan Palmer yet?

• Haha 3

Just now, Bronx said:

That is the simplest throw to make, inexcusable. 

I agree with you but folks hated Darnold and would not have permitted him time to rehabilitate his game, and most importantly his mind so he had to go. ( And I was in the camp of keeping Darnold, even if you drafted another QB)...

Indeed Wilson was my fourth rated QB in this year's draft for the reasons you point out but I think he can be outstanding too.

I just think that the Jets need to coach this guy....

I kept saying starting him is problematic because there is too much pressure in NY/NJ to win IMMEDIATELY; hence my idea for keeping Sam.

At this point I just hope that they are right and I was wrong.. that is all...

If I was Saleh, I would start game planning a short passing game where the receiver has to make a guy miss or break a tackle. Zack is too hooked on making the splash play. Make his primary  read a shorter pass like a 15 yard out or cross.  The CS just can't  let this continue.  My brother told me when he was in boot camp there was one guy that could never finish drills. The sargent made him run miles in full gear with the heaviest gun you could carry. That guy was finishing his drills in a week. We have to force this on Zack. 

By far the biggest and most concerning issue with Zach at this point is his accuracy on short and intermediate throws that are routine.

Obviously it's not great that he's throwing picks, but lots of rookies throw picks -- he needs to adjust to NFL speed, coverage schemes, a different level of pressure, etc.

But the frequency with which he throws crossing routes two yards behind the receiver, throws swing passes in the dirt, and airmails quick out routes is genuinely alarming. Simply put, accuracy is not an issue that typically improves over time. 

I'm extremely worried about Zach.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This has been the biggest issue with Zach Wilson. He misses way too many easy throws. I don't see how it's not a correctable problem. He's just playing too fast IMO. Settle down, make that throw, and it could be a TD. 

One other thought..... maybe, just made run the damn ball more than 18 times?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

By far the biggest and most concerning issue with Zach at this point is his accuracy on short and intermediate throws that are routine.

Obviously it's not great that he's throwing picks, but lots of rookies throw picks -- he needs to adjust to NFL speed, coverage schemes, a different level of pressure, etc.

But the frequency with which he throws crossing routes two yards behind the receiver, throws swing passes in the dirt, and airmails quick out routes is genuinely alarming. Simply put, accuracy is not an issue that typically improves over time. 

I'm extremely worried about Zach.

Sometimes it’s not accuracy related and has more to do with WR and QB not being on the same page.