Your weekly presentation of how good Alijah Vera-Tucker is

fullblast

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

As I’ve been saying in other threads outside of Zach the most exciting thing for me is the clean cap arriving next year.  Exorcising the ghosts of the past, I’ll spare you the pain of listing then, no I won’t-

Trumaine Johnson

Quincy Enunwa

Sam Darnold

Leveon Bell

Kelechi Osemle 

Henry Anderson

ALL currently still on the books. 

@Pac

Mortal Kombat Food GIF by kotutohum

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

LOOKS PRETTY DAMN GOOD ALREADY

Alijah Vera Tucker

Bryce Hall

Brandon Echols

Braden Mann

Bryce Huff (UDFA)

LOOKING GOOD, WE SHALL SEE

Javelin Guidry (UDFA)

Michael Carter

Michael Carter

Jamien Sherwood

MORE SAMPLE SIZE, BUT STILL LOTS OF HOPE

Denzel Mims

Elijah Moore

Mekhi Becton

Zach Wilson

WAIT AND SEE

Ashytn Davis

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Jonathan Marshall

DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD

Cameron Clark

Lamical Perrine

NO GO

Jabari Zuniga

James Morgan

I get it.....we haven't gone to the Super Bowl yet, so we should probably be looking at replacing JD.  I mean, it HAS been one year for the first draft and 5 games for the second draft, so we SHOULD be leading the division by now, but I still hold out hope. 

That’s actually pretty solid, throw in some of those gravy covered fries and I’m in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Alijah Vera Tucker

Bryce Hall

Brandon Echols

Braden Mann

Bryce Huff (UDFA)

Javelin Guidry (UDFA)

Michael Carter

Michael Carter

Jamien Sherwood

Denzel Mims

Elijah Moore

Mekhi Becton

Zach Wilson

WAIT AND SEE

Ashytn Davis

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Jonathan Marshall

DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD

Cameron Clark

Lamical Perrine

NO GO

Jabari Zuniga

James Morgan

I get it.....we haven't gone to the Super Bowl yet, so we should probably be looking at replacing JD.  I mean, it HAS been one year for the first draft and 5 games for the second draft, so we SHOULD be leading the division by now, but I still hold out hope. 

excellent post. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What a shrewed move by Joe Douglas to trade up and get this kid.  Hes known as the best, young GM in the league for a reason.

Yes, when the one claim to fame for your $30M general manager after 30 months on the job with 30 premium draft picks is a guard taken in the Top 15, you should throw yourself a parade.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

More in reference to the left tackle we passed on who went to the Bucs, and now the center from Iowa

Re, the Bucs, are you referring to Wirfs? He's a right tackle, was always projected that way pre-draft. 

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus dude....

Well?

I'd much rather hear that our $30M general manager with 30 premium picks and 30 months on the job was successful in picking a quarterback, a left tackle, a wide receiver, a running back, a cornerback, a linebacker, or a defensive end before hearing that his best pick ever [cue the band and the fireworks] is a goddamn guard.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, doitny said:

dont forget Ashton. i seen him putting some nice hits and tackles yesterday. he could be a good one if we give him a chance....

and Mims looks good when he gets out there... 

people want to overreact too quick here. remember nobody was talking about Hall last year and now he is turning out to be good. 

Yeah, they weren’t talking about Hall at this stage because he was on IR due to the injury he suffered at UVA.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, when the one claim to fame for your $30M general manager after 30 months on the job with 30 premium draft picks is a guard taken in the Top 15, you should throw yourself a parade.

SAR I

sar in this thread like:

200.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Alijah Vera Tucker

Bryce Hall

Brandon Echols

Braden Mann

Bryce Huff (UDFA)

Javelin Guidry (UDFA)

Michael Carter

Michael Carter

Jamien Sherwood

Denzel Mims

Elijah Moore

Mekhi Becton

Zach Wilson

WAIT AND SEE

Ashytn Davis

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Jonathan Marshall

DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD

Cameron Clark

Lamical Perrine

NO GO

Jabari Zuniga

James Morgan

I appreciate the effort to be a glass half full kind of guy, but outside of the Titans game, the Jets have barely been competitive in any of their games. If the Jets had as many good young players as you claimed, the team would look more competitive.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I appreciate the effort to be a glass half full kind of guy, but outside of the Titans game, the Jets have barely been competitive in any of their games. If the Jets had as many good young players as you claimed, the team would look more competitive.

Fair, but the lists of “wait and see” and “not looking good/no go” included the QB1, LT, 2 WRs and an EDGE guy.  Plus a FS.  That’s a lot of premium/important positions where things are up in the air or haven’t worked out.

And meanwhile, young talent is ALL we have to bank on.  Quality FA’s aren’t coming here, or at least won’t for some time, and the one we were counting on the most (Lawson) is of course out for the year.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Your failed attempts at trolling would be more effective if the Jets record since JD took over the draft and free agency wasn't 3-18.

Thus far he makes Macc look like Bill Polian.

No he does not.  Macc would have handed Adams $20M per year rather than trade him.  Because that’s the kind of dumb sh*t he did at every turn.

Douglas may well suck.  Maccagnan was the worst GM in NFL history.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he does not.  Macc would have handed Adams $20M per year rather than trade him.  Because that’s the kind of dumb sh*t he did at every turn.

Douglas may well suck.  Maccagnan was the worst GM in NFL history.

Douglas just handed almost $14M a year to a guy based on a 4 game stretch.

Results speak louder than blind homerism. So far, Douglas results speak for themselves. And so far, he is worse than Macc. Not only has he never fielded a respectable team, the team is going backwards and looks worse then when he started. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Claymation said:

Is it ok if I play?

Wilson, on pace to have 3,574 yards passing.

Hall- He's been one of the better CBs in the league

Guidry-One of the better nickel backs in the NFL

Huff-2 sacks and 6 QB hits in 5 games.

Echols & MCII-Both nice CBs

Becton-Still a believer in the big man, he is a devastating run blocker and an average pass blocker. AVT & Becton will improve the run game.

MC-projected to have 750 yards from line of scrimmage. I believe he will do better once Becton returns to the lineup.

All of these players will make boneheaded plays because they lack experience, it doesn't mean they suck, it just means they lack the experience.

How many picks is Wilson on pace for?

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Alijah Vera Tucker

Bryce Hall

Brandon Echols

Braden Mann

Bryce Huff (UDFA)

Javelin Guidry (UDFA)

Michael Carter

Michael Carter

Jamien Sherwood

Denzel Mims

Elijah Moore

Mekhi Becton

Zach Wilson

WAIT AND SEE

Ashytn Davis

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Jonathan Marshall

DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD

Cameron Clark

Lamical Perrine

NO GO

Jabari Zuniga

James Morgan

We must have different definitions of words.

Braden Mann had the 3rst worst punt average in the NFL last season.

Michael Carter is currently ranked 44th in rushing yards and 44th in YPC.

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Douglas just handed almost $14M a year to a guy based on a 4 game stretch.

Results speak louder than blind homerism. So far, Douglas results speak for themselves. And so far, he is worse than Macc. Not only has he never fielded a respectable team, the team is going backwards and looks worse then when he started. 

Is this team worse than last year’s team?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Well?

I'd much rather hear that our $30M general manager with 30 premium picks and 30 months on the job was successful in picking a quarterback, a left tackle, a wide receiver, a running back, a cornerback, a linebacker, or a defensive end before hearing that his best pick ever [cue the band and the fireworks] is a goddamn guard.

SAR I

JD had only 19 picks in 2 drafts... where do you get 30? 

and i dont think anyone considers  a 6th rd pick a premium pick just cause its was the 2nd pick in the round.

and there is a CB named Hall who is pretty good. the Guard just developed sooner than the others. 

• Upvote 1

I loved the AVT trade up at the time. 

JD outsmarted himself trading down and getting Mims plus other garbage when Claypool was right there and then he ef'ed up again signing a bunch of discount bin OL'ers that we all predicted would suck.  

This past draft was well done and dude knows how to make a trade.  JD is a work in progress. 

• Upvote 1