Leonard Williams, Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams- thank god

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am tired of rooting for losing, following the worst teams in the league because they can improve our draft position, high-fiving as we dump our best players, pretending to get excited for the draft, and cheering for bust college kids who never amount to anything.

I would like to see something that resembles football.  You know, an actual sport.  Somehow, I've gotten tricked into rooting for roster construction.  The fact that the Jets have turned our favorite pastime into a human meat market combined with spreadsheet accounting is exactly why I'm turned off to the sport.  This used to be fun.  Now it's just work.  Boring work.

SAR I

You just said it

you root for losing

you and anyone who gives woody money ARE the problem

until you correct that, you will be a loser and always root for a loser

A sucker is born every minute

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

JD is the GM who works for the Johnsons.  What is his job description?

Is it to win football games?  He is not doing too well at that. 

It is to not pay players too much money and minimize coach and player spend?  At that he looks much better 

If you hang with Johnsons too long eventually you become a Johnson

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly! I went back and watched some of his earlier stuff with us and he was literally a step to step and a half in front of most plays. It’s what made him the guy that everyone take notice of, besides  his histrionics of course.

It’s just bizarre and honestly my big fat empathetic bacon brain is starting to feel kinda bad for him, like maybe something is wrong with him. I’m likely retiring from the Jamal fall from grace society. With a fat cholesterol engorged heavy heart of course. 

He behaves like he’s manic.

That, or he’s just a braggart who lost his nerve when he realized there is always someone bigger and stronger than you.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Thank god we dumped these trash bags! Not just bad players but team killers.

Leo secured the bag and has been ghost this year! Then proceeds to cry about being booed!!! Can’t make this sh*t up. California pussy.

Sam is trash too, lost another today. Drops or no drops. Turnover machine California pussy.

Jamal dropped an easy pick 6 game winner! Dog sh*t player who is all mouth..

and

The icing on the cake? Geno !!!!

JD is great. (Yes he had nothing to do with Geno)

And somehow we have 3 wins under JD. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

It’s sick how jet fans love watching ex jets fail (sort of) on other teams 

Do you think Cavs fans were rooting for LeBron in Miami? Do you think giants fans are rooting for odell? Players like Adams and Williams seemed happy to leave so why would I root for them to do well? 

Darnold is a different story and I kind of hope he does well..... but not too well.

It's not a jets fan thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

@ZachEY I hate to ask anything of you but when you get a moment I’d love to hear even a modest take on it. 

Meh - Outside of the obvious personality disordered stuff, I think the simplest solution is probably the best.  He made his name as a player who was fearless with great instincts.  We can argue whether or not that was true, but that's why he got paid.  Now that he got paid, why put your short and long term health on the line.  I don't think we have any actual evidence to support that Adams loves football or really wants to win.  So, what's to say he's not just cashing checks now?

We don't really have anything to confirm anything more significant than that, but as for what I28 says above, the behavior you saw in Adams was never what mania actually is.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's interesting to me how much media attention Sam Darnold gets when he's 3-0 and the stats look great. "what an indictment of the Jets!"

When he's 0-3 and looking awful... Crickets.

I mean, in fairness, career resurrection is indeed a far more interesting/compelling story than 'bad player continues to play bad.'

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Panthers:  3-3 and trending down.  Will have to pay Darnold $19M next season.  Also don't have a 2nd rounder next draft.

Seahawks:  2-4 and trending down.  Paying a Box Safety $70M and don't have a 1st round pick in 2022.

Giants:  1-5 and trending down.  Paying Leonard Williams $63M.

The Jets suck and Joe Douglas may well suck.  But we can still easily laugh at all 3 of those teams at the moment.  Giving up major assets for players picked by Mike Maccagnan is not a smart venture.

yep and thing is those were about the only good players that mac drafted in all his time as gm.  i suppose we have to include maye and qwill but it's plenty clear mac did very little.  douglas is doing a much better job of getting the talent back in.

24 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Meh - Outside of the obvious personality disordered stuff, I think the simplest solution is probably the best.  He made his name as a player who was fearless with great instincts.  We can argue whether or not that was true, but that's why he got paid.  Now that he got paid, why put your short and long term health on the line.  I don't think we have any actual evidence to support that Adams loves football or really wants to win.  So, what's to say he's not just cashing checks now?

We don't really have anything to confirm anything more significant than that, but as for what I28 says above, the behavior you saw in Adams was never what mania actually is.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

100% my point in above post. He’s simply not trying. He runs his mouth and is not even making an effort. He looks like he’s afraid to engage because doesn’t want to het hurt. He used to run his mouth and use every ounce of his energy and bring to prove it. Kinda what got him his money. It’s has to be a combination of getting paid and not wanting to get hurt. It’s getting a little  sad at this point and slowly ruining it for me. 

Thanks and pretty much what I felt. He’s just so brutally obvious about it. Yikes. 

39 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I think the importance that was placed on getting paid as soon as possible was a hint. Lots of how it was about “respect” but it kind of seems like he just wanted to flip the switch off and coast as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

With the complaining in this thread about how bad the Jets have been, the guys in the OP are great examples of how bad the Jets have been.

There are guys in the league who are good enough to extend and sign long term and the Jets haven’t drafted and then extended those guys since what - Ferguson and Mangold? Revis was good enough but they couldn’t agree on money.

The team’s so bad there are these above average players who we get stuck debating whether or not they should’ve been retained, meanwhile they’re clogging up the caps of other teams who actually gave up draft capital for them.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Seahwaks fans are catching on.

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175784&sid=61cc339731b4e8b699e5e55459a37f3d

My favorite: Adams pretty much single handedly destroyed the future of this team for the next 5 years. I wish I was being over dramatic.

JD must feel like a guy who unloads a lemon on some poor sap in a cash deal in a caveat emptor state.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I'd be curious to know where you think we would be? 

Dont know but my guess is not the worst team in the league with the worst QB in the NFL which is where we currently stand.

Hopefully Zippy start playing better.  I personally think he will.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Dont know but my guess is not the worst team in the league with the worst QB in the NFL which is where we currently stand.

I want to think he will play better. But, I'm honestly not sure how exactly that would work taking in account of what we've seen so far. I'm guessing I've watched him play little more than you have, 

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

We are definitely on the list of 2-3 worst teams, but we don't even have the worst record right now and we are only five games in. 

Yes, it's good to be hopeful. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I want to think he will play better. But, I'm honestly not sure how exactly that would work taking in account of what we've seen so far. I'm guessing I've watched him play little more than you have, 

Hitting a few more of the bunnies he has missed would be a great start. You add that to fewer drops and things can start moving forward quickly. They can also get worse, of course. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

As someone who remained optimistic about Darnold for two years I'm considerably more worried about Wilson after five starts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He got propped up way too much by fans and media and then the coaching staff enabled his inflated self worth when they inexplicably made him the unquestioned starter.

This is probably the first time hes been humbled in years..  so far hes handling it well.  I have faith hes smart enough and has the arm talent so if he tackles his nerves he'll be fine.  That takes longer than 5 weeks.

• Upvote 2