Rex Rips Jets Coaching Staff.

flgreen

Rex is the second best coach the jets have had in the modern era besides bill

Rex knew defense and some of my fondest jets memories are of rex coached teams and revis island

I have no issue with anything Rex said-it was all 1000% correct-now his motivation may be a second go with the  jets but none the less his words were true

Until Fat Joe and his band of misfit coaches get us to respectability the deserve every ounce of criticism that comes their way

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

A guy who's rookie caused the jets to be the laughing stock for years with the butfumble has no merit,  a guy who also had to burry a football because of a blow out defiantly has no say or merit!

Fu*k off rex that's why your in a booth 

He is also the only HC to get the Jets to the AFC championship game this century, or in almost 40 years, and he did it twice.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This is what happens when the friggin' Jet world goes 100% homer in believing Saleh and Zack Wilson were stars before they had done a goddam thing.

For the record I was totally against the Zach pick. He had one good year in college in the Covid year where he was playing against community college-level competition.

I will admit I was in favor of Saleh though...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, viffer said:

For the record I was totally against the Zach pick. He had one good year in college in the Covid year where he was playing against community college-level competition.

I will admit I was in favor of Saleh though...

I think lots of us were.  My only reluctance was that we were, once again, going with a DC as a first time HC.  Especially when the team was going to draft a QB, I was hoping they'd spend money and bring in a heavyweight HC.  Really wanted Pederson, but doubt he was available or wanted the job.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I think lots of us were.  My only reluctance was that we were, once again, going with a DC as a first time HC.  Especially when the team was going to draft a QB, I was hoping they's spend money and bring in a heavyweight HC.  Really wanted Pederson, but doubt he was available or wanted the job.

I agree. I wanted a heavyweight; was even in on the Harbaugh hype. But when they picked Saleh, and I looked into his record, I thought he was the best candidate out of the coordinator group.

I still wish we had gotten Harbaugh.

in all fairness you can't coach non-existent players.  they have been losing too many players due to injury and don't have the depth they need.  becton, lawson, mosely, sherwood, davis, cashman, wilson all injured.  they only carried 5 lb's going into the game and three of them went out.  sherwood for the season.  pretty easy to see why they can stop a screen pass..  obviously some of this is the scheme saleh wants.  he likes a 4-2-5 type arrangement and that only works if the dline is stopping the run.  they didn't do a very good job of it.  probably this is why the 3-4 was devised.

56 minutes ago, LSJF said:

How can he put down our slick offense? I mean 2 runs up the middle then a sack, no one does that better than us! 

Stopping a screen pass, we are above that we don’t need to…

we lead The league in coach speak and  hot air

very predictable play calling to result in crap. I mean this just shows that la fluer doesnt understand how to play call or he refuses to help his qb.  His ******* first thorugh is 3 and long...**** man can we get a slant and easy under route somewhere...you know the def has thier ear peeled back. it was just shocking way to start the game. I mean I guess the first two runs should have been for 10 yards eay but damn.

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, by the way, the Rex-Jets defense used to get eaten alive by wheel routes, screen passes, and anyone that could run Wes Welker’s slant route… namely Pierre Garçon in the AFCC.

I rather get eaten alive in the AFCC every year than watch this sh*t show week after week year after year

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

His strong ties to the Jets are what makes this look worse. 

Here’s a take: same dopes that complain about ESPN being trashy are the ones cheering for Rex to go Real Housewives on air about Saleh. Selective bias is a helluva drug.

I think its been said here about 10 times but I lost count - Rex aint wrong about this.  JD has taken a lot of heat and deservedly so. But he's done some good things as well so this is not all  on him.  But he's the boss and has to right this ship or its going to go down in historic fashion.  JD has to act this week and make changes. This is really an experiment that has gone really bad.  It needs to be corrected immediately.  It was provacativey interesting at first but it's now just absurd.  Hiring 2 rookie coordinators was really really really dumb. And JD signing off on this was equally dumb.  Saleh needed a mentor as much as Zach needs a mentor.  Demote both coordinators immediately.  Sign a vet QB immediately. BTW who in tarnation is the backup until Zach returns? Luke Falk LOL   The time has come for him to impose his will on this team and CS.  There has to be some progress and change of mentality going foward.  Next year, JD has to get some quality FA's in here next year. I get its hard to persuade players to play here. Who wants to come to this wreck of a franchise. These guys want money but they also want to win and be productive so they can - guess what - get better contracts as a result of their production.  You got to overpay, then ya got to overpay.  And enough of these JAGS he's been signing. This is not beyond repair ut they must act NOW.  Do the little things that you can do now. Demote LaFleur, promote Cavanaugh to OC, trade Crowder and Maye, Moore and Mims play regularly, get some damn LB's in here that actually look like LB's.  This philosophy isnt working yet they continue to psuh it.  Rex calling this out is outstanding since he is so closer to it than anyone. But yea lets do nothing and sit on our asses. I love getting a top 5 pick every draft. Who needs to play in back to back AFC Championships anyways. 

44 minutes ago, viffer said:

It is his job to do so. That's what "analysts" get paid to do, analyze. And his analysis is spot-on. We suck, and the all-rookie coaching staff is a major part of the problem.

No, no… what that term means “your job to do so” is if you’re the boss, whose job includes messing with people’s paychecks. Otherwise, stay out of it.

Rex isn’t an analyst, he’s a media personality. Criticism is fine. Rex goes beyond that and trends towards begging to get his old job back and trying to get others fired. That’s about as dirtball as it gets.

12 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I think its been said here about 10 times but I lost count - Rex aint wrong about this.  JD has taken a lot of heat and deservedly so. But he's done some good things as well so this is not all  on him.  But he's the boss and has to right this ship or its going to go down in historic fashion.  JD has to act this week and make changes. This is really an experiment that has gone really bad.  It needs to be corrected immediately.  It was provacativey interesting at first but it's now just absurd.  Hiring 2 rookie coordinators was really really really dumb. And JD signing off on this was equally dumb.  Saleh needed a mentor as much as Zach needs a mentor.  Demote both coordinators immediately.  Sign a vet QB immediately. BTW who in tarnation is the backup until Zach returns? Luke Falk LOL   The time has come for him to impose his will on this team and CS.  There has to be some progress and change of mentality going foward.  Next year, JD has to get some quality FA's in here next year. I get its hard to persuade players to play here. Who wants to come to this wreck of a franchise. These guys want money but they also want to win and be productive so they can - guess what - get better contracts as a result of their production.  You got to overpay, then ya got to overpay.  And enough of these JAGS he's been signing. This is not beyond repair ut they must act NOW.  Do the little things that you can do now. Demote LaFleur, promote Cavanaugh to OC, trade Crowder and Maye, Moore and Mims play regularly, get some damn LB's in here that actually look like LB's.  This philosophy isnt working yet they continue to psuh it.  Rex calling this out is outstanding since he is so closer to it than anyone. But yea lets do nothing and sit on our asses. I love getting a top 5 pick every draft. Who needs to play in back to back AFC Championships anyways. 

Try something coherent.

Just now, RSJ said:

I wouldn’t say it was exposed. I think Rex with a good coaching staff can win. Salehs scheme on D is doomed to fail before it even starts.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You don’t have to say it. The evidence is there. His last 4 years here and entire stint in Buffalo… eaten alive by the same things every game. 

This isn’t opinion.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Again, losing 54-13 coming off your bye to a 2-4 team (who happens to be a hated "rival") is just impossibly bad. 

You can argue that was the worst coaching performance we have seen from any NFL coach all year. 

Everyone has a right to rip this staff right now. Everyone. 

All year? I don't think I have seen a display that bad in 3 decades. Pathetic. I hope people keep piling on. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hey, Rex, thanks for your perspective. 

Now can you tell us about the time in 2014 when your Jets team was coming off a bye to play a Buffalo team that could not play at home due to major snowstorm in Buffalo.  Game was moved to Detroit and the Jets, coming off a bye, lost 38-3 to a homeless BUffalo Bills team QB'd by the great Kyle Orton.

Good memories.  

Lith snatching souls here.  Love it.

• Upvote 1