Rex Rips Jets Coaching Staff.

flgreen

How can he put down our slick offense? I mean 2 runs up the middle then a sack, no one does that better than us! 

Stopping a screen pass, we are above that we don’t need to…

we lead The league in coach speak and  hot air

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This should go well.  :) 

Rex Ryan Has Brutally Honest Message For Jets Coaches

It’s been 11 years since the New York Jets made the playoffs under then head coach Rex Ryan. And if they keep playing the way they played against the New England Patriots yesterday, it’s going to be a lot more years before they return.

On Monday’s edition of ESPN’s Get Up, Ryan – now an NFL analyst – ripped the Jets coaches for the job they’re doing. He called it the “worst coaching performance” he’s seen by anyone in years.

Ryan admonished the Jets for letting Patriots rookie Mac Jones torch them in their 54-13 loss to New England. He also criticized the Jets for failing to defend a single screen pass all game.

“Worst coaching performance I’ve seen in years,” Ryan said.” “I mean, how in the hell can you be coming off a bye and give up 54 points to the Patriots? We always laugh about how I gave up all the — no. I would have had to play them twice, with Tom Brady on the other sideline. So, to me, this was a joke. You had a rookie quarterback on the other sideline, torched you. By the way, do you understand what a screen pass is? I don’t know if you do, New York Jets, because you certainly couldn’t defend them. It makes the quarterback look like, ‘Hey, what a wasted pick he is.’ Give me a break. Give me a break. He’s got no chance right there.”

There’s no denying that it’s been a brutal start to the tenure of New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh. They’re 1-5 with the worst offense in the league – by a wide margin – thanks in part to an offense that hasn’t scored a single point in the first quarter through six games.

All of the energy and culture change that Saleh promised when he was hired is non-existent. His “All Gas No Brake” mantra has become a joke among Jets fans.

Since firing Rex Ryan in 2014, the Jets have gone through several head coaches and starting quarterbacks. None of them have worked out and each one has seemingly been worse than the last.

Saleh needs to show some tangible progress over the next 11 weeks, or his tenure in New York is going to be very short.

The fat a$$hole isn't wrong. 

• Haha 2

I mean he's right. It was an embarrassing performance. The players are young and the coaches are too. Imagine of every July first the hospital only had residents and no seasoned doctors running care. It just wouldn't go well. That doesn't mean the new interns or residents are bad, they just need to learn and gain experience. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You can argue that was the worst coaching performance we have seen from any NFL coach all year. 

Everyone has a right to rip this staff right now. Everyone. 

Bold: It was.

Not bold: Fans, yes. Going on national television and dumping on a guy in your own coaching fraternity? No.

I’m no old fart, but I come from a “never mess with a man’s paycheck, unless it’s specifically your job to do so” line of thinking. Rex is over his skis, as usual. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t like Rex and he’s kind of going against the tradition of the coaching fraternity by attacking a fellow coach like that. If you ever watched him on ESPN he’s always trying to be outspoken (just to be outspoken). It’s his schtick. But in terms of this one game he’s right. The game was terribly coached. I still think Rex wants his old job back. Hope this never happens. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bold: It was.

Not bold: Fans, yes. Going on national television and dumping on a guy in your own coaching fraternity? No.

I’m no old fart, but I come from a “never mess with a man’s paycheck, unless it’s specifically your job to do so” line of thinking. Rex is over his skis, as usual. 

He's an analyst. It's his job to offer criticisim. Ya cant take the heat get out the kitchen. Nothing wrong with what he said especially since he has strong ties to the Jets. He'd come running back if asked to be the DC. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

someone tell me what Rex said was incorrect though? 

He's right, 100 percent right

Each and every week we get torched by screen passes. Mac Jones has no arm and completes 90pct of his passes to Tight Ends or RBs or quick passes to his WRs. Yet, coming off a bye we look completely baffled by the same exact game plan? 

If Jones came out and was throwing bombs down the field and our secondary got torched deep? I could kind of get it. Really no way you could see that coming. But the Pats game plan was as vanilla as it gets (plus a couple of trick plays). But generally it was short passes that we couldn't stop. 

In before, but Mosley was gone and he is the brains....BS. This defense has been bad all year with Mosley. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This should go well.  :) 

Rex Ryan Has Brutally Honest Message For Jets Coaches

It’s been 11 years since the New York Jets made the playoffs under then head coach Rex Ryan. And if they keep playing the way they played against the New England Patriots yesterday, it’s going to be a lot more years before they return.

On Monday’s edition of ESPN’s Get Up, Ryan – now an NFL analyst – ripped the Jets coaches for the job they’re doing. He called it the “worst coaching performance” he’s seen by anyone in years.

Ryan admonished the Jets for letting Patriots rookie Mac Jones torch them in their 54-13 loss to New England. He also criticized the Jets for failing to defend a single screen pass all game.

“Worst coaching performance I’ve seen in years,” Ryan said.” “I mean, how in the hell can you be coming off a bye and give up 54 points to the Patriots? We always laugh about how I gave up all the — no. I would have had to play them twice, with Tom Brady on the other sideline. So, to me, this was a joke. You had a rookie quarterback on the other sideline, torched you. By the way, do you understand what a screen pass is? I don’t know if you do, New York Jets, because you certainly couldn’t defend them. It makes the quarterback look like, ‘Hey, what a wasted pick he is.’ Give me a break. Give me a break. He’s got no chance right there.”

There’s no denying that it’s been a brutal start to the tenure of New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh. They’re 1-5 with the worst offense in the league – by a wide margin – thanks in part to an offense that hasn’t scored a single point in the first quarter through six games.

All of the energy and culture change that Saleh promised when he was hired is non-existent. His “All Gas No Brake” mantra has become a joke among Jets fans.

Since firing Rex Ryan in 2014, the Jets have gone through several head coaches and starting quarterbacks. None of them have worked out and each one has seemingly been worse than the last.

Saleh needs to show some tangible progress over the next 11 weeks, or his tenure in New York is going to be very short.

He is correct with regard to "worst coaching performance in years".  This coaching staff is complete trash and is NOT fixable as long as La Floor is in the building. Fire him ASAP. I don't know what to say about Saleh's defensive scheme, because there is none. The Jets can not stop a team,  any team, on 3rd down.   Sorry guys but Saleh has been a disaster on the defensive side. But La Floor is just an atrocity. Rex is correct.

And we're going to have to wait about 4 years for Woody to change this mess he allowed in.

• Upvote 2

Just now, munchmemory said:

This is what happens when the friggin' Jet world goes 100% homer in believing Saleh and Zack Wilson wer stars before they had done a goddam thing.

Is this really what happened though?

I mean, some folks set the bar at “don’t be a joke”. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maynard13 said:

He's an analyst. It's his job to offer criticisim. Ya cant take the heat get out the kitchen. Nothing wrong with what he said especially since he has strong ties to the Jets. He'd come running back if asked to be the DC. 

His strong ties to the Jets are what makes this look worse. 

Here’s a take: same dopes that complain about ESPN being trashy are the ones cheering for Rex to go Real Housewives on air about Saleh. Selective bias is a helluva drug.

• Upvote 1

He's an ass but in this case he is not wrong.

Emotions cause hyperbole especially among  Jets fans but it really was one of the worst coached games I have ever seen.

I mean if you are going to script the first 3 plays the one set of plays you absolutely cannot call is run run pass from 12 personnel. Even the announcers said that have 8 and a half men in the box.

Then Lafleur insists on tight formations with bunched receivers which does not work for Zach and this personnel. But when White comes in he fricking spreads out the offense and it looks better. But he does not do that for Zach pretty much ever. So it tells me he thought that he needed to help White, but he can force "his" offense on Zach.  That is unacceptable.

And the defense was beat like a drum on essentially the same 3 plays and we never adjusted.  Listen I think teams need coaching continuity and the Johnsons hate to fire people but if things stay the same I am OK with 1 and done on Saleh.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is this really what happened though?

I mean, some folks set the bar at “don’t be a joke”. 

When it comes to the Jets, I'm way past a Doubting Thomas.  I believe nothing goes right.  Ever.

But during preseason, folks on here and in the media were calling both Saleh and Zack "can't miss" talent.  Historically, getting behind that mentality for Jet personnel always spells disaster.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

His strong ties to the Jets are what makes this look worse. 

Here’s a take: same dopes that complain about ESPN being trashy are the ones cheering for Rex to go Real Housewives on air about Saleh. Selective bias is a helluva drug.

It would be difficult to come up with a less respected member of the "coaching fraternity" if you tried.

There's a reason Rex isn't coaching.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is his job to do so. That's what "analysts" get paid to do, analyze. And his analysis is spot-on. We suck, and the all-rookie coaching staff is a major part of the problem.

• Upvote 1