If both Jets picks are in the top 10

AFJF

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think we’ll ever use anything higher than a 3rd on a DB but you still have people thinking the Jets will use a top 10 pick on one, lol.  I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.  

The thought is nice but like you said the zone defense minimizes the importance.

Except on that '98 team which overachieved big time lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Edge, TE, OL and CB in Round Two.  I would be happy if it fell that way. And if it fell Edge, OL, TE, CB that would work as well.

i am so against using a 3rd first rd pick on OL. 

i keep saying it. the best teams have one or none. the 2 worst teams have 3, i dont think thats a coincidence. i think thats too much 1st rd draft capital on the OL, leaving too many holes in other spots.

Fant and MGV have played good enough. Becton is not getting benched and we could resign Tadiff. thats good enough. we could get depth in the later rds or UDFA like everyone else does.

i dont even want to draft an OL in the 2nd rd. i dont think its a big need . 

and lets not forget LB and Safety. those are 2 more positions i would take before OL.

since week 2-3 our line has been pretty good. whoever you want to add wont move the needle much if at all. but adding a Edge, TE, LB, CB or Safety instead of OL will move it alot.

• Upvote 2

The only reason to pause for thought is whether or not Hamilton is a hybrid who can be equally effective at LB as at safety, if he’s really that good and can be dynamic playing both the run and the pass then it would be foolish to rule him out based on a flawed assumption he’s ‘just a box safety’ …..that said, what we know of Joe Douglas and what we know of the composition of Saleh’s D in SF I’d say it’s unlikely we pick a safety that high….if we do end up with 2 top 5 or even top 8 picks I want an edge at 1 a) and trade down into the mid teens or early 20’s for a haul of picks and take the best available regardless of position 

36 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

My wish list will be in this order:

Oline, Edge and/or Stingly (LSU CB)

We are committed to Saleh and as such we do need to get him some pieces so that we can leverage his defensive bona fides and get value from it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Premier positions only.

Pick two out of Edge rusher, OT, CB.

Outside the Top 10, look at TE, WR and C.

If you spend more than just 3 seconds thinking about it you'll realize that OT is a MUCH bigger need than most people are discussing.  Becton plays anywhere from 8-12 games per season, Moses will be a FA, Fant will be heading into his final year under contract.

Psst!

cleveland cavaliers love GIF by NBPA

#EvanNeal

good with that.  imo they really should look for a tackle for the reasons you stated.  and they need to get impact players with the top picks.  this means edge or even wr.  they probably need to get a te with maybe their third or fourth pick. i don't think they need to play any games by even looking at qb's in the draft.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno what it’s gonna take for people to accept that the Jets are not going to invest heavy resources into the secondary in a Cover-3 scheme.  Whether they want the team to do so or not.  

Yes the cover 3 scheme made famous be the best secondary in NFL history. The Seahawks took earl thomas in the first and gave up two firsts for Jamal. They value safety a ton in their scheme. 

We are one Linderbaum away from being an elite OL... and we'll have moving parts for injuries if they happen without losing much on that OL... So again, the trenches are were you win or lose football games. 

Seeing as we'll be picking probably back to back. it doesn't matter who you take 1st or 2nd, so I think that Thibs and Linderbaum should be the picks. I don't want to see anything other than those 2 called on day 1. The only other acceptable outcome would be getting a boatload of picks for trading down one of those 2 first round picks if and only if either one of those guys is already gone.

PERIOD!!!

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hell to the no.  And I kind of feel like they already drafted this dude, albeit clearly not the same level of prospect but Sherwood and Nasirildeen are kind of the same guys, no?  

Agree, neither is LB worthy especially after seeing Quincy play this year, so either one of those guys could be moved back to their natural position and probably would excel there.

• Upvote 1

Interesting idea.......Lets say Jets are picking 4th and 7th overall. 

Would you consider giving up our 2nd rd pick to trade up for Thibodeau at #1 or #2? Jets still keep their 7th overall pick.

I would highly consider it. If Thib is the next Von Miller, it's a no brainer. Then at #7 you can take an Olineman/TE/WR or trade down.

You leave the first 2 rds with Thibs and another elite talent. 

Reminds me of 3 years ago. I was calling for the Jets to trade up for Nick Bosa. In hindsight, it would have been the right move.

Game changing talents are not easy to come by. If Thibs is 1 of those guys, you go up and grab him. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I will be enraged if we take a safety in the 1st round.

We need safeties no question in the draft and FA.

I refuse to believe there will not be a better option than this hamilton dude for a high  end pick.

Safety strikes me as the sort of position where we'll have returning guys, sign a couple of cheap FAs and / or draft some on Day 3. Best man wins in TC next year.

They've never made signing Maye (or Adams :D) a priority which says to me they will not invest premium draft picks at the position.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Depending how things fell obviously, but I'd consider going edge with our pick and Seattle's in round 1.

Saleh's scheme doesn't rely on blitzes but on organic pressure. Jets need to find an Edge. And I don't mean putting all our eggs on Lawson's repaired Achilles. Lawson was always a straight-line speed guy. I worry greatly about how his already-pedestrian burst and lateral agility will be affected by his second major leg surgery.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

The team has enough holes that I will settle for the BPA, particularly if he’s considered a blue chip player.  

And what if a QB is the highest-rated guy on the Jets board for one of their 1st round picks?

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Is there any way the draft could unfold that would make you happy with the team drafting Kyle Hamilton that early?  

Depends where the picks are. I can see a scenario where I wouldn't mind the pick. I don't really want Stingley. I'm not sure I want OL inside the top 10 again. (Wouldn't hate it either I guess)

I think landing Hamilton would improve our team more than the drop off from Linderbaum. Edge needs to be top priority though.

29 minutes ago, Barton said:

Interesting idea.......Lets say Jets are picking 4th and 7th overall. 

Would you consider giving up our 2nd rd pick to trade up for Thibodeau at #1 or #2? Jets still keep their 7th overall pick.

I would highly consider it. If Thib is the next Von Miller, it's a no brainer. Then at #7 you can take an Olineman/TE/WR or trade down.

You leave the first 2 rds with Thibs and another elite talent. 

Reminds me of 3 years ago. I was calling for the Jets to trade up for Nick Bosa. In hindsight, it would have been the right move.

Game changing talents are not easy to come by. If Thibs is 1 of those guys, you go up and grab him. 

I'd give up a 2nd to get Tib in a heartbeat if you told me he was Von Miller 2.0 but it would shock me in the slightest if Hutchison is the best edge in this class so I'd probably sit tight and take him.