If both Jets picks are in the top 10

AFJF

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

This teams needs a #1 WR a # 1 TE a C a RG 

Can't say I wholly agree with this.  Even if we pretend Moore isn't a #1 WR, the group they have is plenty good and McGovern can play C or RG so  you don't really need both.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, KRL said:

If someone can assure me that Hamilton is going to be Polamalu or
Reed then I would do it, otherwise I'm passing on a safety in the
top 10.  Personally I would:

- Draft the best pass rusher with the first pick
- Draft the best OLineman with the second pick or trade down a few
selections and then consider a safety lower in the round

I’d be ecstatic with Hamilton and Hutchinson. You can’t tell me this defense couldn’t use two blue chip players. 

Keep in mind 49ers went to Super Bowl largely based on a dominant D. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Can't say I wholly agree with this.  Even if we pretend Moore isn't a #1 WR, the group they have is plenty good and McGovern can play C or RG so  you don't really need both.

Crowder, Cole, and Berrios are all free agents - just Moore, Davis, and Mims back. Lots of ways to address it but draft would make sense.

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

This teams needs a #1 WR a # 1 TE a C a RG 

Think they may have found their RG in the "French Doc".  They also have a pretty good C.

IMO kind of a weak #1 Wr draft.    Definetely need a TE who can catch the football.  Not sure you want to take him with the #4-5 pick in ther draft though

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Premier positions only.

Pick two out of Edge rusher, OT, CB.

Outside the Top 10, look at TE, WR and C.

If you spend more than just 3 seconds thinking about it you'll realize that OT is a MUCH bigger need than most people are discussing.  Becton plays anywhere from 8-12 games per season, Moses will be a FA, Fant will be heading into his final year under contract.

Psst!

cleveland cavaliers love GIF by NBPA

#EvanNeal

I agree. I mean, it really depends on who is there. When you pick that high you really have to just go by premium position and BPA. However, I'm looking at OT, Edge and CB. The obvious guys that come to mind are Eval Neal, Aidan Hutchinson, and Derek Stingley. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, derp said:

Crowder, Cole, and Berrios are all free agents - just Moore, Davis, and Mims back. Lots of ways to address it but draft would make sense.

we could resign Cole. probably get him cheap since his numbers arent great. he hasnt drop a pass all year and use to be our deep threat when Zach use to throw it that far.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's really any comparison between Hamilton and Adams, Hamilton is bigger, faster and much more of a ball hawk. 

I think he's easily in the top 5 players in the draft, disregarding positional value. 

I can very easily see a situation where we get a pass-rusher plus defensive back of some sort (FYI I would be looking heavily at Stingley jnr) with one of those two first round picks, so, yes, Hamilton should be very much in the conversation for us if available. 

I’m assuming we won’t have a shot at Hutchinson so I’d resign Fant and draft Neal+Linderbaum if both picks are in the top 10. You can move Mcgovern to RG then go BPA at CB/Edge/TE/WR/LB with the rest of the draft. Our 2nd rounders will be early too especially with Mccaffrey out for the year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno what it’s gonna take for people to accept that the Jets are not going to invest heavy resources into the secondary in a Cover-3 scheme.  Whether they want the team to do so or not.  

I think this offseason proved that. They are going to spend elsewhere for sure.  Some of the kid corners are coming along nicely though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, doitny said:

Edge, LB , CB, either 2 out of 3.

JD has used his 1st 3 first rd picks on offense. our defense is pretty bad. its going to be defense.

and i doubt JD will follow the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons and be the 3rd team to have 3 1st rd picks on the OL.

Edge, TE, OL and CB in Round Two.  I would be happy if it fell that way. And if it fell Edge, OL, TE, CB that would work as well.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think this offseason proved that. They are going to spend elsewhere for sure.  Some of the kid corners are coming along nicely though.

I don’t think we’ll ever use anything higher than a 3rd on a DB but you still have people thinking the Jets will use a top 10 pick on one, lol.  I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.