Jalen Hurts is OUT for tomorrow's game!

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gregg was going for the coup

The dude is toxic. There's no way anyone is ever going to hire him to be the face of their team after Bounty Gate.

His best shot was in Cleveland after the job he did in 2018 as the interim head coach, and they sent him packing in favor of their running backs coach.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I wanted JD to target Minshew.  Now, we'll get to watch the guy we could have had for a song instead of White, Morgan and Flacco.

Minshew in 24 games:  37 TDs. 11 INTs.  If he were our QB this year instead of Zilch Wilson?  We'd still be in the playoff hunt.

I don’t buy that we’d be in a playoff hunt with Minshew,

But I have always liked Minshew and was impressed with him when we played him in 2019

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is worse. Minshew can actually pass the ball. Hurts can’t. Him playing on a bum foot is why I was predicting a win. Now I think it’ll be a loss. 

No, not really. Teams gash us in the run game. Hurts is a really good runner and presents our D with problems. Minshew will stay in the pocket and pass more, which is much better for our Dline. 

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is worse. Minshew can actually pass the ball. Hurts can’t. Him playing on a bum foot is why I was predicting a win. Now I think it’ll be a loss. 

Agree. Devonta Smith is drooling right now. A real QB tthrowing to Smith should be tough for the Jets.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I truly hope this is not one of those instances in which the Jets give x player, in this case Mishew, a career game. 

We've given up the most points in the NFL this year. What would you make you think we wouldn't give X player, Minshew or Hurts or random player, a pretty good chance at a career game? 

I'm optimistic the defense has started to figure things out but I am also a realist and pretty sure last weeks success was likely a product of the Texans/Tyrod being awful. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

No, not really. Teams gash us in the run game. Hurts is a really good runner and presents our D with problems. Minshew will stay in the pocket and pass more, which is much better for our Dline. 

He has a sprained ankle. So he wouldn’t have been doing much running and is a terrible passer. Threw 3 picks against the giants. I lived in the Philly area for a long time (thank god I moved) and have friends who are eagles fans, so I watch them whenever they aren’t on at the same time as the jets. If hurts can’t run the ball then he’s a huge liability. Hurts injured and staying in the pocket <<<< Minshew 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think we're going to win and break the streak.

I don't have a reason, just a feeling.

It's probably wrong.  But I'm going to enjoy thinking it anyway.

I hope you’re right!

3 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I truly hope this is not one of those instances in which the Jets give x player, in this case Mishew, a career game. 

That would be ugly because Minshew has already had some freaking good games. A career game would be like 400 yards and 5 TDs.

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

He has a sprained ankle. So he wouldn’t have been doing much running and is a terrible passer. Threw 3 picks against the giants. I lived in the Philly area for a long time (thank god I moved) and have friends who are eagles fans, so I watch them whenever they aren’t on at the same time as the jets. If hurts can’t run the ball then he’s a huge liability. Hurts injured and staying in the pocket <<<< Minshew 

Minshew’s not a half bad runner either. Scrambler probably a better descriptor but he can do some damage with his legs. He’s thick around the lower body and has a low center of gravity. I’d bet he gets 40-50 on the ground. As a Jets fan I wish Hurts was playing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The big knock on Minshew is that he’s a fumbler when he gets heat behind the line of scrimmage. He doesn’t force INTs when pressured but he will hold it too long and put it in the ground. A little bit of a banana hands. So all we gotta do is unleash our edge rushers to… oh, wait.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1