Short, sweet and to the point

AFJF

For most of the games this year, The Jets simply didnt show up. You are happy with that??? Is that really a competitive rebuild? And fact is Zach has to be dumb as a rock to choose a QB sneak for 2 yards over a jet sweep to Berrios with 9 guys clogging up the middle of the line by the Bucs.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 6

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its mind boggling that 100% of this fanbase is not behind what is happening here.  We are executing year 1 of a ground up rebuild to perfection.  This is going to be a tough, hard nosed, well coached, competitive team next year and in 2023, is going to be one of the best teams in the league for the forseeable future.

Its clear as day.

Problem is, this year one started when Idzik tried to pull a fast on Rex. Are you really trying to sell this as our first year of rebuild? I see improvement but let’s not act like we had a FHoF QB retire last season and we tore it down to the basics to start a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its mind boggling that 100% of this fanbase is not behind what is happening here.  We are executing year 1 of a ground up rebuild to perfection.  This is going to be a tough, hard nosed, well coached, competitive team next year and in 2023, is going to be one of the best teams in the league for the forseeable future.

Its clear as day.

That's the way I see it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #90 said:

For most of the games this year, The Jets simply didnt show up. You are happy with that??? Is that really a competitive rebuild? And fact is Zach has to be dumb as a rock to choose a QB sneak for 2 yards over a jet sweep to Berrios with 9 guys clogging up the middle of the line by the Bucs.

I know that I am wasting my time but....... Its called Progress. We see progress and the team gaining experience and heading in the right direction. 

I suspect that you prefer to be miserable but I tried.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The middle part of this year was brutal, some of the worst football I’ve ever seen. No actually the worst I’ve ever seen. The final play was terrible but I see improvement weekly now, Zach doesn’t throw those game killer picks and gets the ball out fast. The line since GVR was replaced is 100% better. We are starting to see who can play and who can’t.

true enough but i don't think you can blame the oline faults all of gvr.  he's been in there the past two games and feeney has been in too.  i didn't see the game but wasn't mcgovern out?  and fant has missed games.  i think the bottom line is the oline as a whole is getting its act together and know what's to be expected.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dcJet said:

The bar is so low for our team that a competitive game seems like triumph.  

Funny, last week there was a thread which was little more than a running joke on how badly this team was going to get beaten. It turns out, this team was 1 or 2 plays away from a win against last year's SB winner. It was Jax that got spanked.

6 hours ago, #90 said:

Did they not show up, or where they completely outmatched and still working through learning the system with inexperienced coaches calling the plays. If there was a choice and Zack made it, it was a BIG mistake. Brady threw a pick - does that make him dumb as a rock? Rookies, especially at QB make mistakes all of the time. Except for that, he played brilliantly especially for a rookie. If you are expecting perfection, you will always be disappointed. Yes, had we got a 1st down, the game was likely over - but had the D made a stop at 3-20 or held up on last drive.

Truth is, this team played hard and well considering that the O was on their 3rd string LT, lost their 1, 2, & 3 WRs, and #1 RB. The defense has players starting that weren't on the team 2 weeks ago (I think). Either way, Saleh said that there would be a switch when things just flipped. 1 game is too early to tell for sure but the O looked on fire even considering the lack of talent and starters. Did they get the win, no. Are they a playoff caliber team, no. Did they play really well (especially on O) and much better than earlier in the year, YES.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So when we  don’t get blown out we celebrate. 

Here’s the thing. We lost. We lost a game we were up by 14 in the second half. 

That isn’t a good thing no matter the spin. Learn to win, close out games, then  feel good 

We lost, did you expect us to lead 99% of the game?  To lose by 4?

Wherent you pushing a 45-7 type loss all week?

What is the matter with you

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

5 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Problem is, this year one started when Idzik tried to pull a fast on Rex. Are you really trying to sell this as our first year of rebuild? I see improvement but let’s not act like we had a FHoF QB retire last season and we tore it down to the basics to start a rebuild. 

Problem is you have it wrong.  Idzik?  This when this rebuild started?  You trying to sell the idea that Revis, Crowmarti, Fitz, Decker, Marshall etc, etc were part of a rebuild?  McCown?  

Macc tried to fill 5 holes by signing one big ticket FA like T Johnson.  Thats not a rebuild.  

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That isn’t a good thing no matter the spin. Learn to win, close out games, then  feel good 

I'm willing to bet that if we had won you would be here complaining we ruined our draft position. No?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Respect the fandom, but dam you are a wet rag. But that being said this one hurt. No moral victories here, no hey at least we keep the better draft pick, we had Brady on the ropes, the Jets snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. You could see it in Saleh face this one hurt everywhere. Gotta close that game out. 

Now take all that and add that we lost on a terrible play call/read, ****in terrible 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I actually won taking the points. 

Im not a moral victory guy. Win football games, that’s all that matters in this leagues whether it’s 3-0 or 40-0

Win

It all depends on your starting point. Teams don't start from a very low floor, and then instantly convert to a high ceiling. That is not how it is done with a team with a roster of over 70 players. Unfortunately, turning a loser into a winner is a painstaking process. It is a process. Cliche, I know.

And no, we are not guaranteed that this process WILL bring success. But, from my own eyes, the foundation is a little bit stronger than what it has been for probably a decade. Maybe more. Building it RIGHT has never really been the Jet way. At least not often.

Remember Kevin, when you were crapping all over JD at the beginning of the year, and we asked you, exactly how the Jets should do the rebuild? Your answer was the Cleveland Browns as your example of how the Jets should do it. How is that looking now/

No one has all the answers.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I actually won taking the points. 

Im not a moral victory guy. Win football games, that’s all that matters in this leagues whether it’s 3-0 or 40-0

Win

And as much as that cliche is true so is the cliche that you have to crawl before you walk

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I scroll my comment history.

I think losing for draft position is one of the most asinine takes you can have. 

Well then what's with the perpetual "lost in a hazy swamp of fettid, rotting dreams and skull crushing despair" posts?

We are looking like we are turning a corner and have a bunch of draft picks and cap space to make something good here. Weird time to be Debbie Downer 

• Upvote 1

Yes there is improvement.   On the flip side Mims is a complete bust and Bechton looks like he might well be a bust.   It's not exactly like all the young guys are showing promise.  Two of them who you would have predicted would have break out years are to date wash outs.  

There was some good things yesterday.   We beat the Rams and Browns back to back in 2 of the final 3 games last year.  It meant nothing.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yes there is improvement.   On the flip side Mims is a complete bust and Bechton looks like he might well be a bust.   It's not exactly like all the young guys are showing promise.  Two of them who you would have predicted would have break out years are to date wash outs.  

There was some good things yesterday.   We beat the Rams and Browns back to back in 2 of the final 3 games last year.  It meant nothing.  

There's no "h" in Becton. This makes me unreasonably frustrated. Someone help me.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

By far my two favorite Jets to watch this year have been Bryce Hall and Quincy Williams. I know neither have lit up the PFF rankings, but it’s been fun to watch these two young dudes fight like bastards for a team that doesn’t often show a lot of fight.

Agree, 100%... Bryce, needs someone like a Revis to teach him a bit better technique, but I like him also. He's always around the receiver, just sometimes out of position. If he can clean that up next year, he's a player to like a lot. Same with Quincy, he's always around the ball, just sometime not taking the correct angles. Again, if he can clean that up, he could be a perm starter for sure.

• Upvote 2

This is the reason NFL teams should never “tank” for better draft position. Learning how to win and close games is so important, especially for young players and inexperienced coaching staffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Its year one of THIS regime..... It doesnt matter what happened under Rex or Gase or Idzik.....

For the life of me i dont understand why people keep bringing up past regimes. Its like fighting with your wife about what your ex girlfriend did five years ago. One has nothing to do with the other!

Yeah except THIS TEAM has been in a rebuild mode for nearly a decade and we have guys like you preaching it’s year one and lets wait for 18 more years before we can judge. I don’t care if Salah took over this year. JD has been there and he has almost completed 3 years already

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Problem is you have it wrong.  Idzik?  This when this rebuild started?  You trying to sell the idea that Revis, Crowmarti, Fitz, Decker, Marshall etc, etc were part of a rebuild?  McCown?  

Macc tried to fill 5 holes by signing one big ticket FA like T Johnson.  Thats not a rebuild.  

Every 2-3 years we’ve been tearing it down to the ground and in between, it has been a “competitive rebuilds”. I’m pretty sure we were in a rebuild last year as well and the year before. Signing couple of big name FA doesn’t change that fact. 

But I guess you’re right. This is year 1 of the rebuild…for the eleventieth time in a row. 

• Haha 1