at least were not the Giants.

doitny

The giants are in a really bad spot.  GM is a disaster and likely getting canned.  HC is a disaster but supposedly being brought back next year.  Qb hasn’t shown anything by but is being brought back next year. Spent tons of money in FA the past couple years to bring in guys like Leonard Williams, Golladay, Bradberry, etc and they’ve underperformed. Salary cap issues. Man I’m glad I’m not a giant fan.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I have always saw the difference between the Jets and Giants being that they were able to close the deal while the Jets fell just short of the big game. Other than that, the Jets and Giants are pretty much the same franchise. I’ve never thought of them as a great franchise like some people think they are. 

With that said, right now the Jets and Giants are moving in the exact opposite direction

unfortunately for the Giants, they have been going in the wrong direction for a while now. They already shared the worst record in NFL since 2018 or whatever with Jets, except the Jets have been getting better

• Upvote 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

And they do it playing in the easiest division in the league. Where the Jets have been playing in a division dominated by Brady and the Pats. It is one thing to be a 4 win team with a rookie QB in a relatively tough division playing against 5 or 6 playoff teams - it is another to be a 4 win team who gets to play the eagles and washington twice :-).

But I will always be grateful that they beat the Pats in the SB - helmet catch - got to love it. :-)

Agreed. When the Giants and the Pats meet up, I always root for the Giants because at least they suck

• Upvote 2

It does feel good but good lord their fans just don't stop whining. They have this arrogance about them that the last 5-6 years is beneath the giants and should only happen to the jets. They have 2 superbowls in the last 10 years so they can just shut the f up. I hope they do bring judge back. Guy is terrible.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, doitny said:

your lying if you tell me it doesnt feel good how we are playing and watching that dumpster fire called the Giants. 

yeah we took some hits because of that stupid call but the Giants are getting roasted everywhere. its so nice to turn on the TV or Radio and here people say that who would you rather be right now, the Jets or the Giants? the Jets!! you can see there moving in the right direction. the Giants? they got -5 yds passing. how do you do that?

yeah it feels good.

for the first time in a long time the Giants are the worst team in NY. 

The problem with this theory of yours is the “best team” in NY has 4 wins and will end up with 13 losses. Yay?

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

The giants are in a really bad spot.  GM is a disaster and likely getting canned.  HC is a disaster but supposedly being brought back next year.  Qb hasn’t shown anything by but is being brought back next year. Spent tons of money in FA the past couple years to bring in guys like Leonard Williams, Golladay, Bradberry, etc and they’ve underperformed. Salary cap issues. Man I’m glad I’m not a giant fan.

Yep. Us Jets fan are living the high life.

• Haha 3

It does feel good but good lord their fans just don't stop whining. They have this arrogance about them that the last 5-6 years is beneath the giants and should only happen to the jets. They have 2 superbowls in the last 10 years so they can just shut the f up. I hope they do bring judge back. Guy is terrible.

Giants fans are so annoying. The act like their team is like this storied franchise had some sort of dynasty and on par with teams like the Cowboys Packers Steelers and Patriots. So glad this is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’ve been saying it for awhile but the Giants are exactly where the Jets were two seasons ago.  

-A probable not FQB that they’re unsure of

-A HC nobody likes or believes in

-An about to be fired GM who in addition to bad trades has handed out big longterm contracts to over rated free agents that will anchor the team to the basement for years to come.

Just like the Jets of 2019 it’ll take years just to clean house and start a rebuild

• Upvote 2

Sarting to feel bad for my obnoxious Uncle.....HUGE Giants fan. He dropped over 50 grand converting his entire basement to a Giants Game Day theater...12 lazy boyz, huge drop down screen with a hi def projector...open bar, on and on. And he can't buy a win! Too funny.

a few yrs back when the Giants opened the season 0-7 I was hitting him every week with the oh-fir jokes:

Knock knock. Who's there? Oh-fir. Oh-fir who? Oh-fir 1,2,3,4,5,6,7!!!! That joke got me thru half the season!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Giants fans are so annoying. The act like their team is like this storied franchise had some sort of dynasty and on par with teams like the Cowboys Packers Steelers and Patriots. So glad this is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I hate to be the one who tells you this, but go back and look at their history.

They are a storied franchise. In fact they were before the Cowboys and Patriots even existed, and when the Steelers were doormats.

The root of it, IMHO, is that both owners suffer from a problem - but from different ends of a management spectrum.  The Jet ownership knows nothing, and listens to the like of Charley Casserly, Korn Ferry and Payton Manning frequent wholesale changes: no continuity. The Maras are on the other end - they listen to no one on the outside, hire most often from within/promote from within the ranks (no matter how in/competent,) and suffer from yes-man syndrome. Ossified.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

The root of it, IMHO, is that both owners suffer from a problem - but from different ends of a management spectrum.  The Jet ownership knows nothing, and listens to the like of Charley Casserly, Korn Ferry and Payton Manning frequent wholesale changes: no continuity. The Maras are on the other end - they listen to no one on the outside, hire most often from within/promote from within the ranks (no matter how in/competent,) and suffer from yes-man syndrome. Ossified.

Good post, but I think this generation of Mara’s might be worse than the Johnson’s. Isn’t the grandson involved in player personnel decisions there? Imagine if Woody or CJ had one of their kids doing that here?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Good post, but I think this generation of Mara’s might be worse than the Johnson’s. Isn’t the grandson involved in player personnel decisions there? Imagine if Woody or CJ had one of their kids doing that here?

Not even Woody Johnson has run through 3 HCs in 6 years. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that happening to Giants.

I think Mara wants to keep Judge just so he doesn’t have to succumb to firing another coach after 2 years.

Unfortunately for him I think JJ buried himself with that PC. It’s one thing to lose games, but Judge turned the organization into a punch line (clown show). 

• Upvote 1