Berrios: Not Looking Good for Sunday

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Can you please provide your definition of "franchise qb?"

a qb that is a very good or great player that the team can build their  offense and their "franchise" around for a 5-8 year window

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Jets receiving crew of Jeff Smith, Denzel Mims and DJ Montgomery at WR, with Kenny Yeboah and some guy we just signed off the street at TE.

The Bills aren't going to know what hit them.

Yes and the STATZ people will say, Zach doesn’t need weaponz, why can’t he throw for 300 yards.. Lol

44 minutes ago, Trotter said:

so let's play out the SOJ angle to this game. 

Jets win, Zach throws for over 300 yards and 75% completion percentage, Denzel has 100+ yards and two td's.

Will it happen - probably not - will it surprise me if it did - honestly, not really. 

I do think Zach plays well though to close out the season and continue his growth.

To get 300 yards, do you need a receiver who could turn a 10 yard catch into a 30 yard catch… Who is there for that, if we’re  lucky the guys who catch the ball, and I mean not drop, will get tackled where they stand, and in no way they can restrict down the field for a 40 yard gain… People make fun of the weapons, but with a weapon you get the gaudy stats

• Upvote 1

We've been playing meaningless games since Columbus Day.

It would never happen in a million years but if they actually sat Zach out of fear that would be the beginning of the end of JD, Saleh, and Zippys career.

He needs to go out there and take his horse whipping like a man.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I would play everyone who is active. That includes QB, but I would activate White - let him play in the 1st or 2nd half - give him a chance to play well with Buffalo. I would throw to Mims and anyone else. The season is over, and while Zack still needs to progress, we need to know what we have going into the offseason - IMO.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

a qb that is a very good or great player that the team can build their  offense and their "franchise" around for a 5-8 year window

I can agree with that.  Based on that, I see no reason to sit Wilson.  He has not proven that he is a very good or great player, let alone that the team should build their offense or franchise around him.  Playing well this week could help show that he is.  Sitting on his ass can do nothing but let him collect a check and not hurt his delicate mind or body.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Berrios should not play unless he is absolutely ready to go. There is no benefit to having him play, but it can be detrimental. Get the B team in there, including Mike White. Zach has nothing left to prove for this year. 

And also there are no starters playing for Zach to get game reps with. Sit him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I would play everyone who is active. That includes QB, but I would activate White - let him play in the 1st or 2nd half - give him a chance to play well with Buffalo. I would throw to Mims and anyone else. The season is over, and while Zack still needs to progress, we need to know what we have going into the offseason - IMO.

How is Zach going to progress with a bunch of guys he won't be going into the future with? Isn't the risk of injury or something crazy happening greater than the benefit of putting him out there with random people he doesn't need to get reps with?

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

It would never happen in a million years but if they actually sat Zach out of fear that would be the beginning of the end of JD, Saleh, and Zippys career.

You sound like a Bill Parcels type guy. I love Parcels. But I don't know that old-school-tough-as-nails attitude is going to help ZW be better. He is already mentally tough. And he's already a team-first guy.

Just now, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

You sound like a Bill Parcels type guy. I love Parcels. But I don't know that old-school-tough-as-nails attitude is going to help ZW be better. He is already mentally tough. And he's already a team-first guy.

Is this a troll account?

There is no universe where Saleh says "I know Trevor Lawrence beat these Bills but we've decided to sit Zachy because he might get a booboo".

Everyone would get fired.  Rightfully so.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Pac said:

Is this a troll account?

There is no universe where Saleh says "I know Trevor Lawrence beat these Bills but we've decided to sit Zachy because he might get a booboo".

Everyone would get fired.  Rightfully so.

Are you a troll?

Has nothing to do with a boo boo. It is not unreasonable to consider the risk vs. benefits of playing ZW. And if he wasn't to play, there's no need to trash him or the coaches. ZW has proved what he needs to this year. Most all of his first and second team playmakers are out. He might learn nothing from this game, the reps with players that aren't going to be dominant on the team in the future won't do anything for him.

In the end, he'll probably play.

6 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

How is Zach going to progress with a bunch of guys he won't be going into the future with? Isn't the risk of injury or something crazy happening greater than the benefit of putting him out there with random people he doesn't need to get reps with?

Not worried about Zack getting hurt - it is time to see if White is a real backup and some of the other players are worth keeping. And, with Moore and Berrios out - that is exactly what is going to happen, Zack is going to go out there a play with guys who won't be active in the future - unless they show something; they can't show something if they don't get out there. If you are worried about Zack, let White play the whole game...

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I see we're getting an early start on the excuses if Zach sucks in the last game before the long offseason. 

Also, I haven't seen discussion of the likelihood we'll see Bills backups for half the game. They're just playing for seeding and I doubt they have that strong of a feeling on who they play. 

Pretty much all of the posts have been about him getting injured.  For some reason.

So where’s the excuse making that some of you see in advance of the game? 

And are you planting an ex use if he plays well by claiming the Bills are going to sit starters at the half?

24 minutes ago, LSJF said:

To get 300 yards, do you need a receiver who could turn a 10 yard catch into a 30 yard catch… Who is there for that, if we’re  lucky the guys who catch the ball, and I mean not drop, will get tackled where they stand, and in no way they can restrict down the field for a 40 yard gain… People make fun of the weapons, but with a weapon you get the gaudy stats

Hence the Same Ole Jet angle. You described reality. SOJ world is a bizarre world where reality does not exist but the unexpected rears it's head every once in awhile.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Who the **** is actually missing?  From what I understand Crowder will be back.  Crowder and Cole were 2 of the 3 starting WR.   Coleman is probably ahead of Carter on the depth chart, even if Carter is the preferred back.  They are missing the LT and back up slot WR.  Guess they should just all skip the trip.  I mean the roads are icy, the bus ride will be perilous.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In what way, specifically?  

specifically the jets are going to get destroyed out there-Wilson will be out there surrounded by scrubs and some guys he is not used to playing with and I believe this puts him at greater risk to get hurt.

what will he learn or gain from being out there losing by 20+ and getting blasted out there by a solid defense?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sometimes the NFL is a tough place.  Can't treat your supposed Franchise QB like a china doll.

A healthy scratch would be possibly the worst thing for Wilson as a supposed team leader.

Wilson needs to put his jock strap on and play.  That is how respect is earned in the NFL, not by babying him.

If you're that afraid he'll poop the bed or get hurt, well......  

Seriously.  Wilson is coming off his best game as a pro and people want to sit him down?  Come on now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

*pony 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously.  Wilson is coming off his best game as a pro and people want to sit him down?  Come on now.  

I’m not sure you’re aware, but a QB having a rough time against the Bills is certifiable proof that the QB has been exposed and should never start another game in the NFL

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

specifically the jets are going to get destroyed out there-Wilson will be out there surrounded by scrubs and some guys he is not used to playing with and I believe this puts him at greater risk to get hurt.

what will he learn or gain from being out there losing by 20+ and getting blasted out there by a solid defense?

If you want a QB you have to bench because he will be facing "a solid defense" I can't help you.

• Upvote 2