THIBS IS THERE AT #4. NOW WHAT?

Thibs is there at #4  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Forget your personal feelings. He’s sitting there. Do the Jets take him at #4?

I said this a month ago. Trade down, draft Travon Walker. The best d- lineman in the draft. Run defense instantly improves, and has all the tools to be a very good edge rusher. If we can't trade down, I still might take him

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I have seen nothing other than idiots at keyboards typing stuff to try and change my mind that we should draft him with no reservations.  Telling me he is something when I can see that he is not because you're afraid that saying "I think he's UPPITY" will get you called out for the bullsh*t take this all is.

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, slats said:

What about their personal feelings? 

If Thibs is the guy, fine. If JD decides he likes another Edge better, that could be better still. The Jets have taken too many media-driven best players in the draft over the years who haven’t lived up to the hype. I think I’d be happier if Douglas went his own way. 

I would hope that’s how we all feel.
I’ll admit to being skeptical of Douglas so far, but I want him to be a man of conviction while he’s here, or what’s the point?

The reason I think the Jets would pick the kid is it seems like JD (and Saleh) believes you win up front. I think the OL has been addressed, they’re going to look at the defensive side now.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas and Saleh have preached how they want dudes who are utterly dedicated to football and helping this team become a consistent contender.

In a class that features no less than 5 edgerushers who could realistically go in the Top 10, how do you take this guy?

The only way I’m not taking Walker is if Hutchinson magically falls into our laps. 

Did you feel this strongly about Walker before the combine?

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I thought you couldn’t hear me? ?

I’m old but it’s my eyes ?

need to see the pro day results and free agency but I don’t think he fits the LEO rusher, a guy who rushes like his hair is in fire, so no, I don’t think the jets take him

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Did you feel this strongly about Walker before the combine?

No, I didn’t.

But when a dude that was already viewed as a possible Top 10 pick and known as a great edge setter against the run with a rep for being a “team first” guy who loves the game ends up running a 4.51 at 6’5 275 and then puts up a 6.89 3-cone…that absolutely changes things.

How could it not?

This is a player with limitless potential barring injury at a position we’ve been starved at for nearly 20 years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh wants to coach gritty UDFA types and has shown zero ability to get through to guys who aren’t already self-motivated. Thibodeaux would smell weakness and destroy the entire franchise within weeks. 

So you think Douglas would pass on him and take a different player (or edge) at #4?

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No, I didn’t.

But when a dude that was already viewed as a possible Top 10 pick and known as a great edge setter against the run with a rep for being a “team first” guy who loves the game ends up running a 4.51 at 6’5 275 and then puts up a 6.89 3-cone…that absolutely changes things.

How could it not?

This is a dude with limitless potential barring injury.

Not that it matters, but I agree with you. ?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we take an edge at 4 it will be hutchinson or jermaine johnson in my opinion.

Your awesome Beerfish. I think you're wrong here though. Walker started out and played very well as a d-tackle. Last year was his 1st year playing the edge. And had pretty good production. If the Jet's feel they can develop him quickly, I think that's who they take. And o think that's who we should take. Not even taking into account we might lose Foley and Rankins.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas and Saleh have preached how they want dudes who are utterly dedicated to football and helping this team become a consistent contender.

In a class that features no less than 5 edgerushers who could realistically go in the Top 10, how do you take this guy?

The only way I’m not taking Walker is if Hutchinson magically falls into our laps. 

This.  He’s not a chase young where you may want to take him anyway.  There’s enough other edge guys to take who can be as good.  Ultimately i think they take their favorite edge at 4 unless by some minor miracle douglas can trade out.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, genot said:

Your awesome Beerfish. I think you're wrong here though. Walker started out and played very well as a d-tackle. Last year was his 1st year playing the edge. And had pretty good production. If the Jet's feel they can develop him quickly, I think that's who they take. And o think that's who we should take. Not even taking into account we might lose Foley and Rankins.

I'll be very upset if we take travon walker.

Oh hes and edge but he has never played edge hardly at all, he is a great pass rusher but has little production.  As for run stopping, we are supposed to be up to our ears in run stoppers.  We need to gt to the QB.  I see better guys than projecting walker to suddenly be an elite pass rusher.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

LOL the question is “what would the Jets do” not who would you take.

If the Jets do their due diligence and think all the nonsense about KT's attitude is smoke, then I think they take him. 

If they are scared off by what they see on film and what they hear from coaches/teammates etc.., then they definitely pass. 

So I won't be upset either way. My ideal situation is passing on KT to take a tackle and then snag KT at 10. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Wow. 66% say the Jets wouldn’t take him if he’s on the board at #4.

I wonder how much this is skewed by him not completing the combine?
Would the number be different a week ago?

I would say absolutely you are correct. Not completing the combine will effect where he gets drafted - unless the Jets specifically told him secretly don't finish the combine and we will draft you at #4.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'll be very upset if we take travon walker.

Oh hes and edge but he has never payed edge hardly at all, he is a great pass rusher but has little production.  As for run stopping, we are supposed to be up to our ears in run stoppers.  We need to gt to the QB.  I see better guys than projecting walker to suddenly be an elite pass rusher.

Jeez. Beerfish. Lose's 15 lbs, plays on the outside for the 1st time. 6 sacks., 8 tackles for losses. 7 pressures in championship game. Combine numbers through the roof..If he's considered a coachable player, he might be worth the 4th pick. Without a doubt the 10th pick.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Jeez. Beerfish. Lose's 15 lbs, plays on the outside for the 1st time. 6 sacks., 8 tackles for losses. 7 pressures in championship game. Combine numbers through the roof..If he's considered a coachable player, he might be worth the 4th pick. Without a doubt the 10th pick.

I know what you are saying but I hate 'projection picks'  And I do not like prospects that could be position a, b, c, or d.  And on georgia they should have been pass rushing a lot due to being ahead in games.

I do not hate the player at all.  I just would prefer a guy like jermaine johnson, a pass rusher that improved each year and had 12 sacks last year and is a pass rusher.

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know what you are saying but I hate 'projection picks'  And I do not like prospects that could be position a, b, c, or d.  And on georgia they should have been pass rushing a lot due to being ahead in games.

I do not hate the player at all.  I just would prefer a guy like jermaine johnson, a pass rusher that improved each year and had 12 sacks last year and is a pass rusher.

That's understandable. And I waver. I do think that he has more upside than J.J.  if we think he can learn all the nuances of the position  I'd do it. Talk is now, he.might go in top #5. His combine numbers. Are sick. Played for a great program. A 5 star recruit out of H.S. Didn't come out of nowhere.  Yes, tonight, he's my choice. Monday????